Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hiding menus in Galleries First

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2018, 10:25 am
Suspended

In the 5/6 times I've ordered food in GF it's always been a bit irksome, waiting a long time before you can catch someone's eye or eventually going up and finding someone who's invariably carrying food or clearing in. I've not found them lazy so much as just few in number and rushing around - it shows as plates take a while to be cleared in too, and food delivery takes suspiciously long unless they're genuinely cooking it to order. Whether they're chatting out the back or genuinely understaffed isn't for me to speculate, but they're definitely not proactive and even at a home base F lounge still a country mile from the CX outstation F lounge in T3.

I've probably not bothered to order food 10-15 times as I didn't want the hassle or didn't want to wait, if I have less than 40 minutes in the lounge (i.e. getting to the airport 90 minutes before departure) it's touch and go whether it's a relaxing experience to order food and have a couple of glasses. As a regular I'm probably resigned to it but for those 'visiting' BA as a OWE it certainly doesn't engender future custom in the way QF LAX or CX HKG does.

I'd rather not BA-bash and we'd all love a brand new F lounge but it doesn't take much to add a few staff, keep menus on each table and proactively offer which is achievable under current budgets and lounge leases etc.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 1:37 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
It started being a problem a number of years ago - clearly some decision was made to scale back on the menus which used to be on almost every table in the eating area and on a reasonable proportion of the arm chairs around the room. I nowadays tend to ask someone else for theirs if I see one on a table, or if I don't I will hang by one of the staff doors and ask one of them to track one down for me.

It is pretty annoying, but not going to be fault of the people you'll see while looking for a table. Presumably the fault of someone though.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 3:04 pm

Programs: BA GGL
Slightly off-topic perhaps, but would someone be able to post the most recent menu on here? I have checked the relevant thread but could not find a recent one.

While I agree that more menus would be great, I disagree with slow service or even "lazy staff". Waiting times for me have always been totally acceptable and staff are more than happy to bring the food out to the balcony area which is great!
Old Jun 12, 2018, 3:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Menus used to be on most if not all tables (and once upon a time even in the seating area). That isnt the case now..so someone, somewhere, has made a decision to reduce numbers.

and if you are a new or infrequent user, you wouldnt necessarily know to ask for one!
Old Jun 12, 2018, 3:10 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by EDDLEGLL
Slightly off-topic perhaps, but would someone be able to post the most recent menu on here? I have checked the relevant thread but could not find a recent one.
It's the same as the CCR Lounge menu, minus the Club sandwich (ironically) and changes monthly. The CCR menu thread is in the Dashboard and usually gets updated with minutes of the new menu rotation. When I went through GF today at about 15:00 hrs and I saw about 8 menus out on the tables in the Refectory zone.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 3:02 am

Programs: AA EXP and Eurostar Carte Blanche
I had always presumed that the (partial) disappearance of menus was intentional, and was part of a pointed effort to reduce kitchen workload / expense by subtly directing GF passengers to the buffet. Was it actually not intentional?

Edit: To be clear, I've never had a problem ordering once I find a menu and ask a member of staff. But the menus are noticeably harder to find (i.e. there are less of them around) than before.

Last edited by ExpatExp; Jun 13, 2018 at 5:58 am
Old Jun 13, 2018, 3:13 am

Programs: BA, TK, HHonours, Le Club, Best Western Rewards
I think given the recent offerings in GF, that Pret & Wagamamma might want to start dropping of menus in the lounges.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 5:51 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Blue, Hilton Gold, Virgin Red
Originally Posted by danboy767
Sat in the Galleries First and wanted to order lunch rather than eat the slop. Hunted for a menu and could see only one on a table. Just wondering if this is BA saving printing costs for menus or trying to ensure not too many people order off the menu again saving money. Thoughts?
Oh for goodness sake.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 6:00 am

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Gold, Priority Pass
I have noticed there aren't many menus kicking about. Normally you can find a few on the terrace.

Personally I really like the GF menu and think it is a great edition to the self service options, Which I also think are great.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.