Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Problem with BA App on iPhone

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2019, 8:51 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
I am getting really tired of having to log in twice every time I open the app.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 9:00 am

BA's IT capabilities are a POS, and I don't mean point of sale.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 9:08 am

Programs: BA (LTG), Miles&More (whatever the lowest level is), Oyster card (zones 1-2)
Me too. I ended up holding up a big queue of people at security scanning at Geneva yesterday afternoon as I couldn’t download my boarding pass and kept being logged out. Even tried reloading the whole App but no joy. Very embarrassing.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 9:14 am

Programs: Seniors Bus Pass
Just sitting in the lounge at LHR T5 and went to check flight details as a delay is showing and it has logged me in and out twice in the last five minutes.

This "MeToo" thing is getting very popular!
andymcdonnell and SavvyTravel like this.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 9:30 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, *A Silver, OW Emerald, HH Diamond, Karahi Express
MeToo ....

Have completed the App Feedback online from mobile. Maybe those annoyed provide App Feedback and just say “MeToo”, let’s see how quickly they get annoyed!

Last edited by BAEC; Feb 1, 2019 at 9:37 am
Old Feb 1, 2019, 12:02 pm

Programs: BA Silver (temp demotion), *A Silver, HH Gold, IHG Diamond
And another... definitely feels as though the app is the last on the list of things to do. Yet almost by definition app users are loyal customers.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 4:15 pm

Got a reply from the BA twitter team (who incidentally I find great to deal with). They said they’re aware that a recent app update has caused issues logging people out and failing to display their bookings and they’re “working hard” to remedy it
Old Feb 2, 2019, 1:55 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Today, in addition to the reports above, I’m getting endless recaptcha requests and cannot access the App at all. Glad I obtained paper BPs today.
Old Feb 2, 2019, 2:18 am

Programs: BA, Accor, Hilton, ITA
3 points here.

1) Always add your boarding pass to Passbook well in advance of arriving at the scan point.
2) The issue of not retrieving a boarding pass I found well over 8 months ago is don’t use the ‘quick’ option if offered.
3) Forced logout. Don’t click the ‘OK’ button when offered. Force Close the App by swiping Up then swipe away Up the BA App, this way when you relaunch it you’re still logged in. It may offer you the message again but will eventually behave!
Old Feb 2, 2019, 2:57 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Rather bizarrely, it's all working fine for me today (when I'm not travelling!) having been a nightmare during the week when I was travelling. Typical
Old Feb 8, 2019, 9:03 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by andymcdonnell
Got a reply from the BA twitter team (who incidentally I find great to deal with). They said they’re aware that a recent app update has caused issues logging people out and failing to display their bookings and they’re “working hard” to remedy it
I’m getting this with my Ipads. It’s driving me crackers. I log in to update the flights that I’ve booked (it never just does it) and the stupid thing says that because for a Systems problem they cannot access all of my bookings. This usually means they cannot access any of them at all. What I did last time, and I don’t know if this works for any of the rest of you, is I went to another in this instance my account. I let that run and then went back to the flight and they were all there after all. Maddening!I have had
Old Feb 8, 2019, 11:12 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by andymcdonnell
The latest iOS app update (5.52) is available and the notes say that this has been fixed. I haven’t had the problem since updating the app.
PUCCI GALORE likes this.
Old Nov 21, 2019, 9:35 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
I’ve just started having this problem this week.
Old Nov 22, 2019, 3:17 am

Programs: BA Gold, A3*G, LH FTL, IHG Diamond
Does anyone have a working widget on iPhone? It used to be able to display all the relevant data of the flight (boarding now, go to gate, etc.) but recently mine only shows the flight with no further updates.
Removing the widget and putting it back does not change anything.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.