Wiki Posts
Search

Problem with BA App on iPhone

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2018, 11:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA
Problem with BA App on iPhone

The last few times I try and check in with the BA App on my iPhone X, it seems to get stuck in a loop. It says it's retrieving boarding pass but the pass is not retrieved and it puts me back to the screen to Check In. The only way out is to go on to the BA website, Manage My Booking and check in from there and send boarding pass by email. If i then go back to the app, I can successfully retrieve the boarding pass.

One person on Twitter so far has seen my tweet to BA and said they have the same problem.

Anyone else? Or do you know a fix?

BA have said email them with an error message, but there is no error message, it just seems to get stuck in a loop!
Old Jun 7, 2018, 11:02 am

Programs: BAGGL, A3G, Accor Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, LHW Sterling
I’ve had the same for some flights in the last week, but I don’t know the fix.
Old Jun 7, 2018, 11:04 am

Programs: GGL/CCR
Have the same randomly on Android.
Old Jun 7, 2018, 11:15 am

Programs: BA Gold, *A Gold, IHG Platinum
Yea, I am also having the same issue. Trying again a few hours later seems to work.
Old Jun 7, 2018, 11:20 am

Programs: BA Silver
I seem to remember having this problem and killing the app (double click the home button and then flick the BA app picture upwards) and then starting again solved it for me.
Also some times the app will ask you to check in if you've already been successful. If in doubt you can refresh the home page of the app (drag down and release) and then sometimes the 'check in now' button changes to 'get boarding pass' which means you have actually already checked in.
Old Jun 7, 2018, 11:42 am

I've not had that happen, but then again I've not had any recent boarding passes to put on my phone (that will change next week).
I will add, though, that I'm starting to find that the BA App seems to be more reliable than BA.com for booking Avios redemptions...
I had a couple failures last week on BA.com (would go through verifying my stored payment card and then hang/freeze/give up/produce error message). I quite nearly lost my seat in Z as a result of that nonsense (rang up and they could neither find my booking, nor could they find an available seat to put it through manually). Several hours later, I decided to try again using the App on my phone, and to my surprise I found a seat, paid using the same stored card in my BAEC profile, and the booking went through instantly. Not the first I've had problems getting a booking to go through on web site (although first time that even the people on the phone could do nothing except for say that they can do nothing). And several times in a row now that I've put a redemption through using the App on my phone with surprising ease - even including a flight on AA during the period people said online Avios bookings weren't working for AA flights!
I wonder if the App works better because they spend more money bogging down the website with junk, thereby ensuring it doesn't work as well as the simple code in the app...
Old Jun 7, 2018, 1:21 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA (LTG, GGL, CCR), LH (*G)
Yep, happens every time I try to check in with BA. Pretty useless — with every “upgrade” the app seems to lose basic functionality. If I sat on IAG’s board, I’d demand a review of IT arrangements: BA’s IT at least is leagues behind industry leaders. (No idea about IB, an airline I avoid with a passion. And EI is no-frills, so who cares.)
Old Jun 7, 2018, 1:26 pm

Programs: Seniors Bus Pass
I have had the same problem for about a week.

the problem is when you do “Quick Check In”, but in the app if you go to “Change Seat” it takes you to a different page and if you make no changes you will see that it changes to “checked in”. When you go back to the app and select “Check In/Boarding Pass” it allows you to get and save your BP
Old Jun 7, 2018, 2:14 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold-GGL
Had similar a few weeks back - ended up checking in online. Clearing the phone cache might also help if it gets stuck, although I have to admit I didn't try that at the time.
Old Jun 7, 2018, 3:09 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Same with me last week when I tried to check in. Had to give up on the app and check in online on browser. Then it let me see my boarding pass through my app. Very frustrating.
Old Jun 7, 2018, 3:40 pm

Programs: BA GGL / GfL
Have had the same for last 2 weeks - have flagged it to the app team via the App ‘Contact Us’ link - but so far no response.

Pilot37
Old Jun 7, 2018, 4:49 pm

Same here. Pathetic.
Old Jun 8, 2018, 11:26 am

Programs: Seniors Bus Pass
Originally Posted by Pilot37
Have had the same for last 2 weeks - have flagged it to the app team via the App ‘Contact Us’ link - but so far no response.

Pilot37
Anybody like to try the workaround I posted above and confirm it?
Old Jun 8, 2018, 11:38 am

Programs: BA GGL / GfL
Originally Posted by antichef

Anybody like to try the workaround I posted above and confirm it?
That is how I've managed to get the boarding pass since the issue started occurring, but just annoying vs. the way it should work!

Pilot37
Old Jun 8, 2018, 1:19 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, BA LTG, Hilton Diamond, FB Platinum, EK Gold
Originally Posted by antichef
I have had the same problem for about a week.

the problem is when you do “Quick Check In”, but in the app if you go to “Change Seat” it takes you to a different page and if you make no changes you will see that it changes to “checked in”. When you go back to the app and select “Check In/Boarding Pass” it allows you to get and save your BP
Doesn’t work for me. For weeks now I am also caught in ‘this loop’. What helps is checkin via website and then I can download BP via app. Really wish they would resolve this...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.