which lounge in Hong Kong?

Old Dec 25, 14, 4:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Accor Sil, Black Cineworld Unlimited, Tastecard

rather than bumping the below previous threads (including them for the reccord in case anyone else wants to read them (and not bumping given the newest falling almost in the "don't bump anything over 2 years" category)), was wondering what the latest thoughts / reviews of lounge options are in HKG?

in my case, I am arriving in BA F and connecting to CX J as OWE so would have access to any F lounges. I actually have 6 hours in between flights so would like to make the most of options availble (spa? massage? 'rooms to rest'? where's best for dinner? etc).

any thoughts and pointers greatly appreciated.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...g-airport.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...estions-4.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...hong-kong.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ng-lounge.html
Old Dec 25, 14, 4:31 pm

Programs: BAEC GCH, CXMP Gold, Amex Plat, HH Gold, Accor Plat, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold

I think your best choice would be The Wing F lounge, as The Pier doesn't open again until June I think for F pax. It has a restaurant, bar, showers/cabanas. Not sure about spa.
Old Dec 25, 14, 4:35 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK Elite, AZ CFP
The Wing is the best, you can use a cabana and then move to the wonderful noodle bar. The Qantas one is very nice also, good for a drink, not sure about the food because I didn't try it when I was there. The Bridge is the newest lounge, it's smaller than I thought but food was really good.
Old Dec 25, 14, 4:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The Wing is the best of the lounge offerings and the only true F lounge. You could also visit the Pier and the newer QF lounge. With so much time you should visit all three if you've never been.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...-ba-first.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/onewo...cx-ticket.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/catha...t%3Bhkg+lounge
Old Dec 25, 14, 6:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum Ambassador
Cathay Pacific's The Wing First Class would be my lounge of choice.

I'd be tempted to try The Qantas Hong Kong Lounge too, even though it's combined F/J.
Old Dec 25, 14, 7:01 pm

Programs: BAEC (Gold), PC (Plat), HH (Gold), SPG (Gold), MR (Gold)
I had several hours at HKF in July prior to a CX F flight to JFK. Maybe I was unlucky, but I found most lounges to be overcrowded and uninspiring. They were, however, all different in theme and offering, so I spent my time lounge-hopping and overall had an enjoyable time. No single lounge stuck out for me though.
Old Dec 25, 14, 9:03 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Lifetime Gold 1.8mm, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold et al
The Wing. Good sized, well-equipped cabanas with a large bath tub which have always been available on the occasions I've been in there. The Peninsula cater the restaurant which is also worth a try if you're hungry.
Old Dec 25, 14, 10:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The Wing is good for food and the Cabanas. The decor is pretty grim however. The Bridge while only a J lounge is really very nicely done and perfect for the BA26 home which goes from one of the 60 gates.

Personally I wojld eat and freshen up in the Wing and then potentially head to another lounge closer to the gate. Actually, scratch that if I had 6 hours I would go into town and have an adventure rather than sitting in the airport.
Old Dec 26, 14, 1:35 am

Originally Posted by Swanhunter View Post
Actually, scratch that if I had 6 hours I would go into town and have an adventure rather than sitting in the airport.
Bingo! There's so many things to do and see in town 6 hours is plenty - I'd argue you can do either Kowloon or the Island in that time. Both would a bit of a stretch though.
Old Dec 26, 14, 2:06 am

Programs: BA (Gold). Various other statuses
Quite an opportune post as we are about to take a positioning flight to AMS before starting an EX-EU trip to HKG. As a Gold Card Holder can I use the first class Wing lounge (travelling in Club). I assume so but would like confirmation. Thanks
Old Dec 26, 14, 2:31 am

Programs: BAEC GCH, CXMP Gold, Amex Plat, HH Gold, Accor Plat, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by tuff View Post
Quite an opportune post as we are about to take a positioning flight to AMS before starting an EX-EU trip to HKG. As a Gold Card Holder can I use the first class Wing lounge (travelling in Club). I assume so but would like confirmation. Thanks
You certainly can use The Wing. CX don't have a CCR F only equivalent.
Old Dec 26, 14, 4:38 am

Programs: BA GOLD, HH Diamond
6 hours is plenty to take the train to central and experience one of the world's great cities, and still have time for a quick shower. This versus sit in a waiting room....no matter how fancy...
Old Dec 26, 14, 5:22 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH Sen, MUCCI, Junior Jet Club.
Originally Posted by Swanhunter View Post
The Wing is good for food and the Cabanas. The decor is pretty grim however. The Bridge while only a J lounge is really very nicely done and perfect for the BA26 home which goes from one of the 60 gates.

Personally I wojld eat and freshen up in the Wing and then potentially head to another lounge closer to the gate. Actually, scratch that if I had 6 hours I would go into town and have an adventure rather than sitting in the airport.
Indeed. 6 hours - train to Central, tram to Causeway Bay, dim sum in Din Tai Fong, tram back to the White Stag for a pint, tram back to Central to the Captain's Bar at the MO for a G&T and then train back to the airport in time for a glass of fizz before the flight.

Are BA always from the 60s now the A380 is a permanent fixture? They used to sometimes go from the 15/16 area opposite the QF lounge, there is also an A380 gate here as SQ use it.
Old Dec 26, 14, 5:23 am

Programs: BAEC Brown
Originally Posted by Genius1 View Post
Cathay Pacific's The Wing First Class would be my lounge of choice.

I'd be tempted to try The Qantas Hong Kong Lounge too, even though it's combined F/J.
As a J/Silver traveller, the Qantas lounge at HK is one of my favourite anywhere in the world. It's nice to have a proper bar service and the food is excellent too.
Old Dec 26, 14, 5:47 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by BahrainLad View Post
Are BA always from the 60s now the A380 is a permanent fixture? They used to sometimes go from the 15/16 area opposite the QF lounge, there is also an A380 gate here as SQ use it.
It can be either. All but one of my A380 depatures have been from 62, but apparently that's unusual, gate 15 is where they try for, I guess it depends on who rolls in first. Gate 15 is very near the central front sections and handy for the Qantas lounge, 62, down the end of the main pier, is handy for The Pier/The Bridge lounges).

I can't see chris1979 partaking in all your other suggestions however! But there are tea cafés galore in Mongkok, so that may be better for him.

Search this Thread