Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA Wetlease QR A330 for Kuwait, Delhi & Muscat flights

Old Jun 4, 2018, 5:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: Many. Too many. I came here to cut them down. I failed.

These routes losing F & WTP. Seats can be prebooked FOC - 2-4-2 in Y, 2-2-2 in J, and unsure if those on WTP & F on the BA 143/142 routing are being rebooked onto the other BA Delhi rotation (remains BA operated 747).

Like other airlines around the world, we continue to carry out detailed precautionary inspections on Rolls-Royce Trent 1000 engines on some of our Boeing 787-9s to ensure we meet all the relevant regulatory safety requirements.

To facilitate the additional engine inspections and any associated maintenance we have made some minor adjustments to our longhaul flight schedules this summer.

To ensure we operate as many flights for customers as possible we have leased in additional longhaul aircraft from our oneworld alliance partner Qatar Airways.

If a customer's longhaul flight this summer is due to be operated by Qatar Airways on behalf of British Airways, we recognise that as a result, they may not wish to travel. The rebooking guidelines below are available for customers.

The Qatar Airways aircraft will operate on a wetlease basis on the following routes and dates:

BA157 London Heathrow to Kuwait from 9 June - 30 June 2018
BA156 Kuwait to London Heathrow from 10 June - 1 July 2018
BA79 London Heathrow to Muscat from 9 June - 20 August 2018
BA80 Muscat to London Heathrow from 10 June - 21 August 2018
BA143 London Heathrow to Delhi from 9 June - 20 August 2018
BA142 Delhi to London Heathrow from 10 June - 21 August 2018

• The Qatar Airways aircraft will operate in a 2-cabin configuration offering Business and Economy cabins
  • Fights will be operated with a Qatar Airways crew
  • All passengers who are booked on the services above will be emailed to advise that their flight will be operated by Qatar Airways. The email will ask customers who have booked via the trade to contact their Travel Agent
  • The Qatar Airways aircraft used to operate the flights will not have a First or World Traveller Plus cabin. For passengers who are currently booked on one of these services the following will apply:
    First customers will be rebooked into the Business Class cabin on QR
    Club World customers will be rebooked onto the Business Class cabin on QR where possible. Due to the aircraft configuration change there will be a number of Club World passengers who will be rebooked into the Economy cabin on QR
    World Traveller Plus customers will be rebooked into the Economy cabin on QR
    World Traveller customers will be rebooked into the Economy cabin on QR
  • If the customer has been rebooked into a different cabin, you will need to work out the refundable fare difference between the original cabin and the cabin the customer has been rebooked into
  • The following services will not be available on wetlease flights operated by QR:
    arriage of guns
    Oxygen
    In-flight retail
    Pre-paid seating
    Pre-paid or pre-ordered catering
  • A variation to our usual Kosher meal will be offered as a fruit platter on these flights
Dineshsharma likes this.

Last edited by Sam Bee; Jun 4, 2018 at 5:17 am
Old Jun 4, 2018, 5:08 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hyatt Prive
Are there any other routes left that are operating a 789 in June? I am still booked to go from CAI-LHR on a 789 in a couple of weeks time and it's still operating, but fear this will also be cancelled! Not sure QR could fly to/from CAI even as a wet-lease.

In any event, for the downgrades BA are offering very generous compensation, as well as allowing original F customers to retain CCR access.
Old Jun 4, 2018, 5:10 am

Programs: GGL/CCR
Oohhh... Nothing in MMB yet... Off to Muscat at the end of the month
Old Jun 4, 2018, 5:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: Many. Too many. I came here to cut them down. I failed.
Only BA 142/143 DEL flights have been changed so far in the system, MCT & KWI being updated as we speak... literally
Old Jun 4, 2018, 5:18 am

Programs: BA CCR/GGL
Just got the email from BA for my BA142/143 flights, as stated unable to make a seat selection.
Old Jun 4, 2018, 5:25 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR/LTG
I've had a seat change notification email for my flights to MCT on 19/07 to 23/07. I'm quite happy with the BA Club to QR Biz change. My friend won't be so happy as he's booked in WT+! What compensation can he expect for the downgrade? Anyone know?
Old Jun 4, 2018, 5:27 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hyatt Prive
Flights/Dates affected
BA157 LHR-KWI 9 June - 30 June 2018
BA156 KWI-LHR 10 June - 1 July 2018
Tickets issued by
3 June 2018
Options for First passengers who have been rebooked in the Business cabin on QR operated wetlease
There is no First cabin on the QR operated flight, so all First customers have been rebooked in the Business Class cabin. As this is a cabin change the following options will apply:

If the customer no longer wishes to travel on a QR operated flight:
The customer may use the value of their ticket towards the purchase of a new ticket to an alternative destination
Offer a full refund back to the original form of payment

If the customer still wishes to travel in the Business Cabin on a QR operated flight:

The customer will receive the difference in fare from First to Business - this will be processed automatically

The customer will retain their First baggage allowance, Concorde Room access and Avios / Tier Point earning

Please offer the customer a goodwill gesture of either GBP700.00 e-voucher OR 140,000 Avios per affected sector
Options for Club World passengers who have been rebooked in the Business cabin on QR operated wetlease
Club World passengers have been rebooked in the Business Class cabin where possible.

The customer may use the value of their ticket towards the purchase of a new ticket to an alternative destination

If the customer still wishes to travel in the Business Cabin on a QR operated flight:
Advise the customer their flight will now be operated on Qatar Airways (QR)
Options for Club World passengers who have been rebooked in the Economy cabin on QR operated wetlease
The cabin configuration on the QR operated flights mean a number of Club World customers will be rebooked into the Economy cabin. As this is a cabin change the following options apply:

If the customer still wishes to travel in the Economy Cabin on a QR operated flight:

The customer will receive the difference in fare from Club to Economy - this will be processed automatically

The customer will retain their Club baggage allowance, lounge access and Avios / Tier Point earning

Please offer customer a goodwill gesture of either GBP400.00 e-voucher OR 80,000 Avios per affected sector
Options for World Traveller Plus passengers who have been rebooked in the Economy on QR operated wetlease
There is no World Traveller Plus cabin on the QR operated flights, so WTP customers have been rebooked in the Economy cabin. As this is a cabin change the following options will apply:

If the customer still wishes to travel in the Economy Cabin on a QR operated flight:
The customer will receive the difference in fare from World Traveller Plus to Economy - this will be processed automatically
The customer will retain World Traveller Plus baggage allowance and Avios / Tier Point earning
Please offer GGL, Gold, Silver & Bronze members of the Executive Club will a goodwill gesture of 20,000 Avios per affected sector
Options for World Traveller passengers who have been rebooked in the Economy cabin on QR operated wetlease

All World Traveller passengers have been rebooked in the Economy cabin.

Please offer options from the standard customer guidelines - Leased Aircraft

Advise the customer their flight will now be operated on Qatar Airways (QR)
Origin/Destination/Stopover changes
No
Refunds Allowed
Only for First, Club and World Traveller Plus customers - see above

Fare difference refunds may take up to 4 weeks to process

The refund in fare will not be processed automatically and should be handled by you
Redemptions Included
Yes
Important Info
You must update remarks to accurately reflect the conversation and action taken

The customer will need to contact Customer Relations to request their choice of goodwill gesture

If using standard customer guideines for leased aircraft onto alternative BA operated flight please be aware availability may be limited
If rebooking please ensure any associated SSR's are added back to the PNR
Customers who accept a QR operated wetlease operated flight are not permitted to add guns and/or oxygen to the booking
Kosher meals are not available on these flights. Customers who want a Kosher meal will be offered the alternative of a fruit platter. For First and Club World ONLY - if this is not suitable customer may be offered a full refund
Any non-vegetarian meals will be Halal
If the customer is eligible for free seating the contact centres will have to process this on behalf of the customer or it will need to be arranged at check-in
If the customer has already purchased excess baggage for the BA operated flight and has changed cabin this will be automatically refunded. If still required it can be rebooked on the QR operated flight
Pre-paid seating and pre-paid meals will not be available on these flights. Customers who had these booked will be automatically refunded
Pre-order meals are not available on these flights
The e-voucher can be issued in GBP or the equivalent value in USD or EUR
The cabin change refund will be processed automatically. If the customer then requests a full refund please make them aware the refund will show as two transactions
One involuntary ticket change allowed
Old Jun 4, 2018, 5:29 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
The full guidelines for the wetlease can be found here (just select a country and check the no IATA number box)

https://www.speedbirdclub.com/en/all...rr/qrwetlease/
Old Jun 4, 2018, 5:43 am

Programs: M&M, BA Silver, Accor LeClub Gold
I expected that we'd see those leased aircraft operating to other QR destinations which will make crew rotations easier for them.
Old Jun 4, 2018, 5:46 am

Wondered why kosher meals are not offered on these flights. Have had kosher meals on QR flights by default from my BAEC profile.
Old Jun 4, 2018, 5:46 am

Thanks for the heads up...
Old Jun 4, 2018, 5:51 am

Programs: BA, TK, HHonours, Le Club, Best Western Rewards
Originally Posted by We won the world cup
Wondered why kosher meals are not offered on these flights. Have had kosher meals on QR flights by default from my BAEC profile.
Yes that is odd, a fruit plate is not really a substitute for a meal.
Old Jun 4, 2018, 5:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
QR does not offer Kosher meals. Link.

Probably some sort of restriction along the lines of not offering pork/bacon on the wetleases last summer.
Old Jun 4, 2018, 5:54 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by BA038_Passenger
I've had a seat change notification email for my flights to MCT on 19/07 to 23/07. I'm quite happy with the BA Club to QR Biz change. My friend won't be so happy as he's booked in WT+! What compensation can he expect for the downgrade? Anyone know?
Aren't the A330s still fitted with the old angled 'lie-flat' seats?
Old Jun 4, 2018, 5:56 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by BA038_Passenger
My friend won't be so happy as he's booked in WT+! What compensation can he expect for the downgrade? Anyone know?
They'll probably tell him an economy ticket is more expensive now and thus isn't due any refund.
mec72 likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.