Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Fiji Airways - new BAEC partner incl. earn/burn and status benefits (start date TBC)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fiji Airways - new BAEC partner incl. earn/burn and status benefits (start date TBC)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2021, 3:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DocWatson
I'm trying to book a Oneworld RTW fare via BA which uses QF coded FJ operated segments, but BA ticketing have said they can't do any tickets including Fiji/NAN at all. I can't see anything reported elsewhere on this - any thoughts on whether this is a BA specific issue or if something's afoot with FJ? BA.com will sell BA coded FJ services, but without additional stopovers that the fare rules allow but the website can't process, so I don't really understand the agent's explanation.

This is over email with a dedicated person in the sales team, after consultation with ticketing, so not a HUCA situation.
IMHO
  • for a xONEx FJ operated not permissible.
    FT thread-->The Oneworld Explorer User Guide
  • for a xGLBx FJ operated is permissible
    Fly Further with Global Explorer

For an even wider choice of where to travel, book your Round the World trip via Global Explorer, which grants you access to an even more extensive list of airlines, including Aer Lingus, Bangkok Airways, oneworld connect partner Fiji Airways, Jetstar, Jetstar Asia, Jetstar Japan, Jetstar Pacific, LATAM, WestJet, and Qantas code-share flights operated by Air Tahiti Nui.

Contact a oneworld member airline or your travel agent to plan and book your Round the World trip via Global Explorer.

https://www.oneworld.com/world-travel
Old Nov 2, 2021, 3:49 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver (lapsed HNL Gold), Avis Preferred, IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Plat, Marriot Plat
Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
Thanks @Mwenenzi - this is a Global Explorer DGLOB34 ticket, and I'm following/posting on the OneWorld forums. My question was about BA being unable to book this routing and NAN being 'blocked' in some capacity, and whether any of our forum residents might know why that would be as BA's booking advisor simply says it's not possible.
Old Nov 2, 2021, 6:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DocWatson
Thanks @Mwenenzi - this is a Global Explorer DGLOB34 ticket, and I'm following/posting on the OneWorld forums. My question was about BA being unable to book this routing and NAN being 'blocked' in some capacity, and whether any of our forum residents might know why that would be as BA's booking advisor simply says it's not possible.
Is FJ operating a flight on the day that is open to a cash booking (as a test)?
From what I have read on the OW forum booking with BA will have a lot of "carrier surcharges" where the same route with a different airline (like AA) will not
I suspect BA have not booked many of these OW tickets with FJ.
Old Dec 14, 2021, 6:26 am

Please advise how to book LAX-NAN-LAX using AA miles in Business? Only economy options show up on the website
Old Dec 14, 2021, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Green_eyes
Please advise how to book LAX-NAN-LAX using AA miles in Business? Only economy options show up on the website
This is the BA forum, so way off the topic of this thread
AA forum has dedicated thread---->FJ / Fiji Airways (ex-Air Pacific) and AA, miles, awards, etc. (consolidated)
FJ and/or AA may no be offering business class awards at the time you want
Old Feb 2, 2022, 5:32 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold
any update on using avios on FJ?

With NZ relaxing quaratine requirements soon i'm looking at sunny winter break ideas, and wondering if there's any possibility to use Avios on Fiji airways yet? cheers!
Old Feb 2, 2022, 7:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

offish topic
Originally Posted by goglobalnz
With NZ relaxing quarantine requirements soon I'm looking at sunny winter break ideas, and wondering if there's any possibility to use Avios on Fiji airways yet? cheers!
Does "winter" mean northern or south hemisphere winter?

Do not be too hasty. 10-14 days* self isolation will be required for a long time [~Oct? _ time line not clear] (*depending on the rule at the time)
.*Link 1 * and *Link 2*

Last edited by Mwenenzi; Feb 2, 2022 at 7:32 pm
Old Feb 21, 2022, 10:14 am

Programs: BD*G, BAGold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
Just wondering if anyone knows if tier points can be earned on FJ? I can see that next to 'Earn mileage rewards' and 'Redeem mileage rewards' here there are * saying they will be available at a future date however there is no star next to earning tier points. I am guessing this is an oversight however it would be great if someone knows the exact score at the moment?
Old Feb 21, 2022, 10:48 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by pogonation
Just wondering if anyone knows if tier points can be earned on FJ? I can see that next to 'Earn mileage rewards' and 'Redeem mileage rewards' here there are * saying they will be available at a future date however there is no star next to earning tier points. I am guessing this is an oversight however it would be great if someone knows the exact score at the moment?
FJ is a OneWorld Connect member, as far as I am aware currently no points for BA flights

Overview of Customer Service & Benefits

From the 5th of December 2018, customers with Emerald, Sapphire or Ruby status in any oneworld® member airline’s frequent flyer programme can use priority check-in desks, where available, when flying in any cabin class on Fiji Airways. While customers with Emerald or Sapphire status in any oneworld® member airline’s frequent flyer programme will also be offered priority boarding when flying on Fiji Airways.

Notes:
  1. Benefits as specified in the table phased in from 5 December 2018.
  2. Tabua Plus cardholders are only entitled to lounge access when booked on booked on FJ marketing/codeshare flight number
  3. Benefits apply when frequent flier customers are booked on their respective airline’s marketing/ codeshare flight number.
  4. Flights operated and marketed by Fiji Link are excluded.
  5. For a list of eligible lounges and customer eligibility, refer to the oneworld connect Lounge Access Summary for full details.
  6. Only available for American Airlines & Qantas members for now. The ability for British Airways Executive Club Members and Cathay Pacific Marco Polo Club members to earn or redeem club points or earn status points on Fiji Airways will be available soon, from a date to be announced in due course by the airlines concerned.
For detailed frequent flyer accrual and redemption rules, visit American Airlines, British Airways, Cathay Pacific and / or Qantas websites. For more information visit our Frequently Asked Questions to get answers today.

That said the link you provided does say " Earn frequent flyer status points " under the **ed entries you refer to

yet the BA tier point calculator does not mention FJ British Airways - Collecting Avios

so i am now as confused

Last edited by scottishpoet; Feb 21, 2022 at 10:58 am
Old May 17, 2022, 5:34 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by goglobalnz
With NZ relaxing quaratine requirements soon i'm looking at sunny winter break ideas, and wondering if there's any possibility to use Avios on Fiji airways yet? cheers!
Quote messaging myself.
I called BA today to try to book CHC-NAN, lots of space showing up via AA's search tool.

The phone agent told me FJ is not a BA partner, and I can't make avios bookings on FJ.

I scrolled back up this thread, avios redemptions should have been possible from 2018 onwards but hey ho
Old Jul 2, 2022, 6:10 pm

Have a trip coming up with Fiiji Airways, and I am BA Silver. As a Sapphire, do I get access to preferred seating on Fiji Airways free of charge?
Old Jul 3, 2022, 2:00 am

Have you tried just selecting seats on FJ website Manage Booking? As far as I'm aware, free selection except first 4 rows of A350 economy extra legroom for which charge applies regardless. OW status doesn't get you much under the odd "OW Connect" relationship - no lounge access SYD or NAN if in Y, for example.
Old Sep 25, 2022, 11:56 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club
Hi all

I’ve been reading this thread back since 2018 and wondering if there’s been any updates. Also referring to this article from a third party website which seems to have a table taken from the Oneworld website.

Has it been ascertained if you earn BA TPs for flights with FJ? I have a booking from LHR - NAN with AA. The flight to LAX is booked with AA and the flight to NAN has an AA flight number.

I would obviously get BA TPs on the leg between LHR and LAX but would I get them on the flight from LAX to NAN? Would I even get AAdvantage loyalty points if I removed my BAEC number?
Old Sep 25, 2022, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by joepatr
Hi all

I’ve been reading this thread back since 2018 and wondering if there’s been any updates. Also referring to this article from a third party website which seems to have a table taken from the Oneworld website.

Has it been ascertained if you earn BA TPs for flights with FJ? I have a booking from LHR - NAN with AA. The flight to LAX is booked with AA and the flight to NAN has an AA flight number.

I would obviously get BA TPs on the leg between LHR and LAX but would I get them on the flight from LAX to NAN? Would I even get AAdvantage loyalty points if I removed my BAEC number?
No changes.

No TPs LAX-NAN. You can earn AA miles if you credit to AA but a better question for the AA forum.
Flying, Earning, Lounge etc. on oneworld Connect Fiji Airways / FJ 2019 on
Old Sep 25, 2022, 12:53 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club
Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
No changes.

No TPs LAX-NAN. You can earn AA miles if you credit to AA but a better question for the AA forum.
Flying, Earning, Lounge etc. on oneworld Connect Fiji Airways / FJ 2019 on
Thanks for prompt reply.

Very disappointing given certainly my interpretation of the 2018 documentation implies that it will generate TPs - and indeed BA includes LAX to NAN on its own site!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.