Wiki Posts
Search

Terrible Service in FIRST ATL-LHR 27/05/18

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2018, 2:54 am

Programs: BA GfL, GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by simons1
Exactly this. And very honestly put.

All this stuff about you should have pressed the button, you could have gone to the galley, unlucky you had and inexperienced crew, i had a good crew on another flight etc etc all misses the point.

This is F on a premium airline. Is being served breakfast an unrealistic expectation or is it now self service from the galley.
Agree,

Service like described shouldn't be this bad in any cabin.

The service the OP received just comes across as rude and in my very limited experience, is not the service you get on BA, whether mixed , worldwide or whatever fleet

Hence why this crew and their management needs to be made aware.
Old May 30, 2018, 3:07 am

Programs: BAEC: Silver. Nothing else as TopCashBack trumps all hotel programs
Originally Posted by subject2load

Perfection ?

With all due respect, cupsandsaucers, that was a television programme ! Interesting and entertaining for sure - but a television programme all the same. And one made very much in the interests of British Airways, rather than as an accurate indicator of the sort of service you can be sure of receiving when flying with them.

Have you ever watched an episode of Neighbours or Coronation Street and thought to yourself : “hmm ..... doesn’t seem much like real life to me “ ......?
Well it was a "documentary" rather than a soap opera. So certainly has more elements of truth in it. and I certainly noticed that the training they received reflects in the service I get on BA which is exemplary.
I would be miffed if I missed breakfast on Y. very disappointed in CW and furious in F.

Some people fly F all the time. But some, nay, many. Literally save for years to fly F just once in their life. It should be a perfect experience. The ticket costs more than a week at a 5 star resort!
crazyarmadillo likes this.
Old May 30, 2018, 3:36 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by cupsandsaucers
Well it was a "documentary" rather than a soap opera. So certainly has more elements of truth in it. and I certainly noticed that the training they received reflects in the service I get on BA which is exemplary.
Yes - “elements of truth in it”, no doubt. Which, to an extent, underlines my own point made previously.

But here’s another thought / question :
Do you, personally, receive the “exemplary service” mentioned above every time you travel with BA (or any other specific carrier) ? Or, do you receive it on some of the flights you take with BA ?

Would be interested in your honest response.

Old May 30, 2018, 3:52 am

Programs: BAEC: Silver. Nothing else as TopCashBack trumps all hotel programs
Originally Posted by subject2load

Yes - “elements of truth in it”, no doubt. Which, to an extent, underlines my own point made previously.

But here’s another thought / question :
Do you, personally, receive the “exemplary service” mentioned above every time you travel with BA (or any other specific carrier) ? Or, do you receive it on some of the flights you take with BA ?

Would be interested in your honest response.

Genuinely. I find the service on BA pitch perfect 99.9% of the time. (I can't remember the last time I had less than exemplary service) and that's flying ET and WT+ !
Virgin I have always had equally perfect service too to be fair.

I have had "average service" on many Eastern carriers. (mixed bag on Emirates, some failings and some smiles seem painted on but on the whole "suffice".)
AA, United, Delta and many American carriers I have had frankly appalling, rude and sometimes near-threatening behaviour by (mostly older) cabin crew.
Old May 30, 2018, 4:01 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Genuinely. I find the service on BA pitch perfect 99.9% of the time. (I can't remember the last time I had less than exemplary service) and that's flying ET and WT+ !
Virgin I have always had equally perfect service too to be fair.

Exemplary and pitch perfect. 99.9% of the time.

Wow. And ....... wow.

I’m really not sure what else to say. Except ...... maybe you should send me your future itineraries, and I could book the exact same flights as you do. You would be my lucky charm

​​​​​​​All that apart, many thanks for coming back so promptly.
​​​​​​​
Old May 30, 2018, 4:06 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
I must admit that I have flown yesterday QR for the first time in their new QSuites - after sticking a long time with BA - and I am really sorry but have to admit that BA's inflight experience in Premium Class is comparatively really not worth the money anymore.

Fully aware that this thread is about F but when I see the hard product - oh dear BA, that was great 10 years ago.... and the crew was as friendly as I would expect.

(I know this is slightly off topic but I always thought complaints about BA F/J here are a bit of first world problems)
haroon145 likes this.

Last edited by Duck1981; May 30, 2018 at 4:09 am Reason: typo
Old May 30, 2018, 4:13 am

Programs: Mucci, BA GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by Duck1981
I must admit that I have flown yesterday QR for the first time in their new QSuites - after sticking a long time with BA - and I am really sorry but have to admit that BA's inflight experience in Premium Class is comparatively really not worth the money anymore.

Fully aware that this thread is about F but when I see the hard product - oh dear BA, that was great 10 years ago.... and the crew was as friendly as I would expect.

(I know this is slightly off topic but I always thought complaints about BA F/J here are a bit of first world problems)
If one is used to flying QR J, a flight in Club World is likely to be something of a disappointment both in terms of hard and soft product.
haroon145 likes this.
Old May 30, 2018, 4:24 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier des Internautes Amables; BAEC
Well it was a "documentary" rather than a soap opera.
As much a documentary as Love Island is... arguably it would have been better titled "Made in Hounslow"
Old May 30, 2018, 5:03 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
I would be miffed if I missed breakfast on Y. very disappointed in CW and furious in F.

Some people fly F all the time. But some, nay, many. Literally save for years to fly F just once in their life. It should be a perfect experience. The ticket costs more than a week at a 5 star resort!
It doesn't matter what the subject is, everything in terms of the media is managed these days - clearly to the best advantage of those who are the subject matter.

A production company wants to commission a series that will make them money. For that they need a degree of cooperation from the subject matter - which will be intensified when access to security sensitive areas such as airside are required.

Production company: Hello BA, we'd like to run a series on your day-to-day operations.
BA: Yes, sure, this could be beneficial for us as well. How much access would you need?
Production company: Well, this is warts and all, so totally unfettered.

You can see where that sort of conversation will end, so what happens is the production company gets enough access to the best sides of the company to generate enough interest, and BA gets to show off a bit (because we know there are good aspects to BA as well, and showing caring staff who seem to treat passengers with problems as individuals is always a winner for both parties - it's good TV and presents the airline very positively).

It's no difference in other industries. If we take football as an example, the journalists don't get a choice as to which player they get to interview afterwards - they can make a request, but more often than not they're told who will be made available. What will happen is the least controversial, most media savvy player will be put up. The journos get a story which keeps their editor happy, the club doesn't get embarrassed, and all the media team keep their jobs. It's a winning combination.

What happens in reality, as we've seen here, is often very, very different.
Old May 30, 2018, 7:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Centurion - BA Silver - IHG Diamond Elite - HHonors Diamond - M&M
Originally Posted by Mike P
This seems an astonishing lack of service by any standards. No breakfast served at all? In the entire cabin? I find it hard to understand what happened here.
Not the entire cabin, seemed to be no one in rows 1 or 2 got breakfast but I could see that 3A was certainly set up for full service.
Old May 30, 2018, 8:04 am

Programs: BA, SW, IAG
Originally Posted by Can I help you
If a customer has to use a call bell in First I would feel that I had failed, I have always encouraged everyone to use their call bell as that is what is there for but in First it should not be necessary.
would you feel you had failed if it was Club World?

I usually fly WT+ and upgraded to CW (paid not avios) this time. Liked the lounge access, although tracking down chamgane was difficult. Liked the new bedding, but zero wash bag. Not even a WT toothbrush. Liked the new food menu but geting a drink was very difficult indeed. No wine served until the very last bites of main meal, call button pushed and ignored. Couldnt get up to get one as had my meal tray infront.
Old May 30, 2018, 8:11 am

Programs: BA GFL. AA EXP. Amex Plat. Mucci.
A good question! I continue to fly BA F because there are very few F options with other national airlines on routes that I fly these days. I could certainly consider J on another carriers, but I prefer F,
Old May 30, 2018, 8:38 am

Programs: BA GGL for a little while longer
I have been burning extended-but-expiring GUFs recently and so now have a run of F sectors under my belt.

The experience has been on the whole very good to excellent, but I have now happily concluded that CW is perfectly fine for my needs on longer sectors, and WT+ on those of a few hours or so.

So my future redemption strategy for the GUFs I have left (now that I live life in the slow lane )
is to find cracking exEU deals in WT+ and either fly them as is or u/g to CW.

My marginal valuation of BA F over J (i.e. what I would pay out of my own pocket) is 50 quid.

Sorry, just sayin' ...
fin_dg likes this.
Old May 30, 2018, 10:00 am

I went to the galley when on a British Airways Club World flight recently. Staff had served some passengers a welcome drink twenty minutes earlier and forgot myself and others. The crew were standing chatting. When I pointed out there was ten minutes to go and no drinks offered I was told that they would be there. The manner of the response coupled with the fact that I did not get a drink did not make me happy. Staff took over half an hour to get my husband a drink. I complained to Customer Relations and logged the complaints on board. British Airways service is sloppy in first and club. Some staff are exceptional and work so hard. Others do the least they can get away with. Sadly, the good to poor service ratio has become worse over the last few years.
Old May 30, 2018, 3:51 pm

Originally Posted by Can I help you
Trying hard shouldn’t be good enough, offering the service that customers pay for and expect is a given.
I hope you are on my next flight.
amanx likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.