FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Terrible Service in FIRST ATL-LHR 27/05/18 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1911672-terrible-service-first-atl-lhr-27-05-18-a.html)

pmcg May 29, 2018 12:11 pm

Terrible Service in FIRST ATL-LHR 27/05/18

I'm not usually one to complain but on this flight we had our worse flying experience for a long while and that includes flights down the back.

Anyone who has visited ATL will know that The Club lounge can be chaos, you look forward to good service when you board, especially in F.

All was good when boarding with a drinks service, sleeper suits and wash bags handed out. ^

It was after we got off the ground that things went downhill. :(
I was asked if I’d like a drink which I ordered.
Explained I wouldn’t be eating and would just have a couple of drinks.
Chap said no worries, let him know when I want the bed made up then he disappeared. :confused:

An hour and a half or so later, still no drink and no sign of male Flight Attendant when a female one did a round of the cabin.
At this point I asked for and got the drink I had ordered then went to sleep without the bed made up.

No one was asked at all if they would like to be woke for breakfast.
No bottles of water handed out.
Absolutely no breakfast service at all (not even a glass of water)
My wife actually had to find a FA to order her meal service before bed.

I counted 1A, 1K, 1E, 1F & 2K all putting a complaint in to the CSM.
Did the same when he was passing and I explained that even though I’d been up for a couple of hours no Flight Attendant offered me anything at all.

Complete opposite to the flight out so I’m guessing it was a very inexperienced crew but completely unacceptable especially when there are only 14 in F.

cupsandsaucers May 29, 2018 12:22 pm

Sounds well below par. I mean how hard is it to attend to 14 PAX?
I don't think it's inexperience rather just slacking off.
I have zero experience being cabin crew but I would still know to make the bed, give breakfast and generally tend to the pax.
If that many in one cabin are putting complaints then I expect the staff to be reprimanded.
​​​​

TravellerFrequently May 29, 2018 12:27 pm

Sounds very poor.

I would have been more proactive than the OP if I wanted something and would also have sought out the CSM if the service had not improved. I do agree that the crew should have provided a high level of service and you should not have need to chase for it

Please complain to Customer Relations even though you mentioned your complaint to the CSM.

Can I help you May 29, 2018 12:33 pm

With the service being so poor for so many customers I’m really surprised that the CSM didn’t pickup on this, also it sounds like they removed one of the crewmember working in First to work elsewhere, this happen when there are 8 or less customers in First.

themax May 29, 2018 12:38 pm

Certainly worth complaining about, but don't be surprised if they shrug you off with the usual form letter. I am a regular paid F traveller and I routinely don't get my first choice of main meal, and there never seems to be enough JW Blue or Nespresso pods loaded. Clearly the service you have experienced is well below missing/short items, but I have given up complaining as my complaints fall on deaf ears and nothing much is done to improve things in the first cabin, in my experience.

BABenchley May 29, 2018 12:52 pm

Sorry to hear the service wasn't great, Those working in First should not be that inexperienced as they aren't trained in First until one or two years online. Do place a complaint with CR if you want to, it will be followed up.

Often1 May 29, 2018 12:55 pm

A bit confusing. Did OP really just sit there for 90 minutes when his drink did not arrive? It would seem that after 5 or perhaps 10 minutes, one pushes the call button, flags down another crew member, or walks up to the galley. Same thing with the bed makeup, OP was asked to advise the crew when ready, but apparently didn't.

Not suggesting that it's the best service, but if it's important to one, the best time to deal with it is on the spot.

seanp7 May 29, 2018 12:59 pm

I think I'll just go to the galley when/if this happens on my F flight next week - try to resolve it real-time. I've never had an issue with the bed not being made.

Regular/lazy crews, especially on the Eastbound flights, occasionally seem to just want you to fall asleep and not be a pain. Disappointing, whether it's your First First, a regular business trip, or a special occasion.

smokie36 May 29, 2018 1:03 pm

Yes in First I'd be hitting the call bell at 10 mins and in the galley at 20 mins to sort it out.

Flexible preferences May 29, 2018 1:03 pm

pmcg - what reason did the CSM give when you complained?

The total lack of breakfast service in particular seems shocking.

crazyarmadillo May 29, 2018 1:53 pm

I'd be well annoyed, paid, avios or upgrade.

But I too wouldn't have sat there waiting for a drink. Best to address it on the spot, as it's too late now, your flight was ruined.

I would have said, maybe, they misheard you and thought you just wanted to go asleep. But the fact about breakfast etc. And all the others just says they were lazy crew and should be noted to BA.

ibmman69 May 29, 2018 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by TravellerFrequently (Post 29805901)
Sounds very poor.

I would have been more proactive than the OP if I wanted something and would also have sought out the CSM if the service had not improved.

Gotta be careful when you suggest passengers stand up for themselves in the BA forum.

Can I help you May 29, 2018 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by BABenchley (Post 29806010)
Sorry to hear the service wasn't great, Those working in First should not be that inexperienced as they aren't trained in First until one or two years online. Do place a complaint with CR if you want to, it will be followed up.

It was eight years before I was allowed to go through the curtain into First Class.

smokie36 May 29, 2018 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by Can I help you (Post 29806263)

It was eight years before I was allowed to go through the curtain into First Class.

The good old days of air travel.

i'm reminded of a chat with a nurse pal of mine who worked for Dan Air for many years and was on a flight wjth a newly qualified senior crew member who declared she would be running the crew that day.

Her shock when the other two girls put their jackets on and revealed themselves to be the two most senior crew of the airline and she offered to demur.

Not a bit of it from my pal and the other lass....they made her run the show and I thought well it must have been the easiest management of a flight ever.

Food for thought.

TravellerFrequently May 29, 2018 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by ibmman69 (Post 29806255)
Gotta be careful when you suggest passengers stand up for themselves in the BA forum.

Please clarify your comment.

​​​​​​​