Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Transit BA to Jet Airways in DEL

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2018, 9:45 am

Originally Posted by Virazuno
Actually, I'd do this the other way round. There is a domestic transfers check in area just before the Plaza Premium arrivals lounge, once you exit the baggage claim area. This is specifically for those doing an INT-DOM connection. Use that to re-check your bags, then either go to the Plaza Premium lounge or just head up to departures and go to the departure lounge.
As of last year there was no transfer bag drop for Jet - you had to drag them upstairs to the main check in hall. There were multiple airlines there, just not Jet.
Old May 29, 2018, 10:49 am

Originally Posted by baflyer123
Yes there is the transfers area downstairs but I have avoided them always due to the long lines. In the past I have not found Jet Airways there and it seems to be catered to Air India passengers. I see the lines and leave Once you go upstairs there are almost no lines in business class / bag drop.
Very true. They have a small elevator for people with tons of bags. Better to leave the building - take the elevator up and present your ticket confirmation or boarding pass to get into the domestic departures hall.
Old May 30, 2018, 4:32 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze
The Jet Airways business product is good (curries in the lounges last year were excellent,). If you are travelling economy is worth considering an upgrade. Keep a close eye on your belongings as they exit the security scanner - my purse nearly went walkabout at that point!

Its worth printing out your ticket confirmation email - I was asked to show it dozens of times. On the way home you will need to show it just to enter the terminal.
Old Jun 3, 2018, 9:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, Virgin Silver, Emirates Silver, AF gold
Thanks, all. Just to say all went well following your consolidated advice. I collected luggage, went out of customs, back up the escalator and checked back in at the Jet counter - as you say esspeebee - no bag drop transfer for Jet downstairs.
All good. Now in Seoul having done Delhi, Pune, Banglaore and Hong Kong in the last 7 days. Assuming the TPs from my cathay flights from India credit, I will be back to Silver by the end of the week.

Dougstar

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.