Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Online check-in problem

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2018, 1:54 pm
Original Poster

Online check-in problem

I have a booking for two people tomorrow. It's booked in First using a GUF2. I can't check-in online. I've called the Gold line who assure me that the booking is ticketed correctly (I have two ticket numbers and the booking hasn't changed since it was booked and the tickets issued). The Gold line suggest I can't check-in because of a "user interface issue". They tried to check me in but got the same message as I do after indicating the number of bags. There is still availability in F (Expertflyer shows F3 A2), so I assume it's not a downgrade, and it's a non-US destination which I understand means it can't be an SSS issues. The Gold line assure me that the seats are reserved so there will be no problem. Any idea what what the issue could be? I've had a look at the main thread but none of the explanations seem to apply.

Thanks in advance.
Old May 21, 2018, 2:07 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Have you tried the BA App as well?

The other thing that I'm not sure about is whether you are checked in in terms of status, but then can't produce a boarding pass, or whether it refuses to check you in at all, this leaves you with an unchecked in status. If it's a 787 route I wonder if there is an equipment change on the way, though equipment changes are possible on any service.
Old May 21, 2018, 2:13 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the quick reply. It's not a 787 route - it's a A380.

My status isn't checked in. I get as far as bag select, click check in, then get the message. I've tried the app and the website.

One thing I have done is looked at the advanced passenger info. It says it's complete for both passengers, but when I look at mine it's all blank. I've tried completing it twice, but every time I go back it's blank. My travelling companion's details are filled in. Could this be the issue?

Thanks again for any help.
Old May 21, 2018, 2:26 pm
Original Poster

It gets wieder. Although it's given me the same error message many times, it's now showing my status as checked in, but my companion's as not checked in...
Old May 21, 2018, 2:29 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
How about trying to OLCI just your partner? So using a clear browser, go to
ba.com/checkin
then use the last name of the companion and the PNR, don't do your check-in and see what happens.

API isn't used for all countries, but it is for HKG and Canada, though not SIN (trying to think of the routes!). If it is Canada then there is an ETA requirement for example. The online management of API under the BA profile did fall over a few days ago which may or may not have been related to the Pre-Check KTN issue.
Old May 21, 2018, 2:33 pm
Original Poster

It's SIN so API obviously isn't a problem.

I've tried online checkin as you suggest but that does the same. Does the fact that it's now done one of us suggest it's a system issue as opposed to something more problematic?

Thanks again.
Old May 21, 2018, 2:47 pm

Originally Posted by ManchesterMark
I've tried online checkin as you suggest but that does the same. Does the fact that it's now done one of us suggest it's a system issue as opposed to something more problematic?
I can't really be sure, but it does seem odd that your companion's API = OK = checked in, while yours is blank and it's not OK (which would just be a bug). I'd go to the airport a good 15 minutes sooner than normal, it may be they have no issue at all. There are 4 spare First seats, plus presumably your original seat, and though CW looks busy the rest of the aircraft is by no means full. Maybe a defective seat?
Old May 21, 2018, 2:49 pm
Original Poster

Sorted, but this seems very odd...

My companion's API looked fine throughout (and is irrelevant for SIN as CWS pointed out). I tried editing and saving it. That didn't work. I deleted his middle name, saved it. Went back in and re-added the middle name. Then it let me check in both of us.

Thanks to CWS for all the suggestions. Guess this is just a system glitch?
Old May 21, 2018, 2:53 pm

Programs: BA, Accor, Hilton, ITA
Originally Posted by ManchesterMark
Thanks for the quick reply. It's not a 787 route - it's a A380.

My status isn't checked in. I get as far as bag select, click check in, then get the message. I've tried the app and the website.

One thing I have done is looked at the advanced passenger info. It says it's complete for both passengers, but when I look at mine it's all blank. I've tried completing it twice, but every time I go back it's blank. My travelling companion's details are filled in. Could this be the issue?

Thanks again for any help.
Just to say, Today I logged into my Boston flight on Friday to update my hotel & my API showing “Complete” was also blank on editing. I had to enter it all again to change my arrival address.

However on a 241 it doesn’t copy it anyhow from my profile, but does for the companion! I told BA about this bug years ago but it still doesn’t do it! So I’ve manual entered it twice now!

Hope I don’t have problems on Thursday as you have!
Old May 21, 2018, 8:27 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by cheshirepete

Just to say, Today I logged into my Boston flight on Friday to update my hotel & my API showing “Complete” was also blank on editing. I had to enter it all again to change my arrival address.

However on a 241 it doesn’t copy it anyhow from my profile, but does for the companion! I told BA about this bug years ago but it still doesn’t do it! So I’ve manual entered it twice now!

Hope I don’t have problems on Thursday as you have!
I discovered by chance that if I go to MMB via the link in the app then the API info is there and can be edited but going via the normal BA MMB web page it is blank just like yours despite saying it’s all OK. I’m using an iPhone/iPad so it might be different with the Android app.

The data is always there as it also shows up via other Oneworld airline sites but for some reason you can’t see it and hence have to type it all in again. Shame BA doesn’t seem to do anything about these bugs, I have tried reporting the blank API one to no avail.

Old Jun 4, 2018, 12:20 am

Programs: BA GGL & GFL, EK Platinum
Mobile check in (iPhone) and online check in appear to be down again.

I keep getting a message stating that the server 'checkin.ba.com' can't be found and have been trying on and off for an hour now.

Or is it just me???
Old Jun 4, 2018, 1:54 am

There are a few A380 to B747 swaps to SIN at the moment. It could be that is the problem.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.