Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Never been so frustrated with BA

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2018, 12:39 am

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Originally Posted by AZ Travels the World
I can't yet say 'never been so frustrated with BA,' as that list is a lengthy one for me, but the day is young.

I've now been on hold with BAEC for TWO hours on this call -- and 55 minutes on the prior one before just suddenly being disconnected. The winter schedule changes eliminated a connecting flight for me ex-LHR. The system rebooked me on a flight the same day -- six hours before I arrive LHR. No way to resolve it online and must call.

The next disconnect should be coming along shortly. . .
Tweet BA, they are there 24/7 will call you back at a time convenient to yiu and sort it.

Old May 25, 2018, 1:31 am

Originally Posted by Often1
Unlikely any carrier does anything based on an email. A world of nuts, jealous types and whatever out there.

I would do nothing and it will eventually drop off as it hasn't been paid for. If you feel compelled to do something, call at a time when you can put the phone on speaker + mute and go about your business until the line is answered. This is not anything I would get excited about.
KLM rebooked me via Facebook messenger before just by giving the PNR!
Old May 25, 2018, 1:52 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
At least you have been able to book flights!

It seems that today BA don't want people to do even that simple thing!

Had the same problem! Most annoying. Got there eventually after deleting cookies etc
Old May 25, 2018, 2:00 am

Programs: Mucci Blue, BAEC Gold, Blockbuster Video card
Maybe you'll get double TPs........ ;-) (yeah, right)
Old May 25, 2018, 2:16 am
V10

Programs: MUCCI Gold
There's no pleasing this forum sometimes.

One the one hand everybody should routinely check their booking and ticketing to make sure there are no issues, and on the other you shouldn't worry about it.
Old May 25, 2018, 2:24 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by V10
There's no pleasing this forum sometimes.

One the one hand everybody should routinely check their booking and ticketing to make sure there are no issues, and on the other you shouldn't worry about it.
There is an element of a little knowledge is a dangerous thing. People should certainly check to see they are ticketed, but if there are multiple ghost sectors that can be entirely normal, indeed a potential problem if not present. If Classic Check My Trip is in agreement with what you are expecting to see, and ticketed (and in the case of AA it looks OK on their app / MMB), then that's all there is to it.

If I spent my life trying to remove ghost sectors I wouldn't have time for Flyertalk.
Stormbel and CD747 like this.
Old May 25, 2018, 3:48 am

My advice is as ever never assume everything will be ok, call as soon as possible, speak to change booking and check.

Bookings that were previously travelled or cancelled can show with ghost sectors and this isnt a problem.

However a live booking with additional flight segments is a different matter and there could be issues here.

This could be indicative that there has been a schedule change or cancelled flights.

Alternatively someone could have held flights in the booking and if this is the case they wont simply drop out as others have suggested. Placed at the start or middle of an itinerary they can cause a noshow and cancel out other flights in the booking too.
Old May 25, 2018, 9:01 am

Programs: BAEC Silver; Hilton Diamond;a miscellany of other hotel non-statuses
Originally Posted by Anonba
...a live booking with additional flight segments is a different matter and there could be issues here.

This could be indicative that there has been a schedule change or cancelled flights.
Cancelled / rebooked flight is why we have ghost segments and multiple ticket numbers on the PNR for tonight's trip. Several of your colleagues on Gold line, lounge ticketing desks, etc have assured me all will be well, so fingers crossed .
Anonba likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.