Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Help yourself Taittinger in LGW Club Galleries

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Help yourself Taittinger in LGW Club Galleries

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2018, 9:30 am

Programs: BA Gold
I've seen free flowing champers at LGW Club south before (morning onwards) but never Taittinger, which I prefer to what's currently on offer in GF and has been in GC before. One can only hope it sticks around, but one can equally assume it's a supply issue. Oh well
Old May 23, 2018, 3:11 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hotels.com Gold
I was on the 21.30 last night (Tuesday) Arrived early at 18:00. Noticed the TAT and had a couple. Since I know it shuts at 8pm I headed to GC and at the same time I saw people in the lounge filling drinks and plates. I did enquire about the opening time and the staff said. "we can't stop them filling up with food and drink at 7.59 and we leave them to finis.

I said. "well you have to finish work I'll go next door" I got a smile and a "I'f you need some of the nice stuff we'll bring it :-)
Old May 24, 2018, 4:05 am

Programs: BD Gold, BAEC Gold, Hilton HHonors
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
No. Apparently this is due to supply problems with the contract caterers. I had this last Saturday en route to ALC. There was Jacquart Rosé as well. Most delicious.

The only problem was the very long wait for hot food. I gather that this is an ongoing issue.
FWIW I was in about 2 weeks ago and a group sitting near me (in GF) ordered about 6 burgers between them, and the food was out within about 10 minutes - so quick, in fact, that most of them had wandered off somewhere leaving one person to have all 6 burgers delivered to him He did have the grace to look a little embarrassed :P
GLA likes this.
Old May 24, 2018, 5:14 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Yes, hypothetically, given I'd normally assume an Emerald would not wish to be running around Gatwick at such an unearthly hour.
I was told last month that they were both opening at the same time for the summer schedule.
Old May 25, 2018, 4:55 am

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classé, plus BAEC.
There was free-pour Castelnau In LGW Club Lounge in Apr at midday but the Tatt is a big quality step up. Time for a last-minute break ex-LGW methinks!
Old May 25, 2018, 5:08 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by krispy84
There was free-pour Castelnau In LGW Club Lounge in Apr at midday but the Tatt is a big quality step up. Time for a last-minute break ex-LGW methinks!
Hope you can find a good ‘last-minute’ fare which makes it worth your while

Spotted it on offer just recently at Tesco. A case of the stuff for £168, which equates to £28 a bottle ..... if I’ve got my maths right.
Old May 25, 2018, 5:51 am

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classé, plus BAEC.
Originally Posted by subject2load

Hope you can find a good ‘last-minute’ fare which makes it worth your while
More wishful thinking than reality I fear, spend £100 save £10? Why not! 🤔

£28 a bottle is a good price. On the subject of Taittinger, have BA ever served CdC anywhere? Thinking Concorde perhaps?
Old May 25, 2018, 7:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
BA have served the CdC onboard in First (maybe 7/8yrs ago now, was before LPGS became the standard) and it was in the Concorde Cellar too. I believe at one stage, around the same time it was onboard in First it was reported on here the odd stray bottle found its way into the T5 CCR. I never got that lucky!
Old May 29, 2018, 3:14 am

Taittinger in lgw first this morning, was hoping for some LPGS!
Old May 29, 2018, 5:03 am

Programs: BD Gold, BAEC Gold, Hilton HHonors
What's CdC?
Old May 29, 2018, 5:25 am

Comtes de champagne

http://www.waitrosecellar.com/all-wines/special-feature/vegetarian/taittinger-comtes-de-champagne-050860
Old May 1, 2019, 8:57 am

It's been a while since I visited LGW. Do they still have self-pour champagne?
Old May 1, 2019, 9:34 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by CatchThePigeon
It's been a while since I visited LGW. Do they still have self-pour champagne?
Yes, after about mid morning.
CatchThePigeon likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.