Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Do the British Royal Family still use BA?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2020, 3:29 pm

Thanks all - fascinating insight!

Anyone happen to know the registrations of some of the short haul aircraft that have been used? Suspect it’s a long shot..
Old Sep 16, 2020, 3:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by 1Aturnleft
The BA Royal Suite comprises 2 full size single beds, one fitted each side of the F Class cabin, a polished oak table in the centre of the cabin with two chairs forward and two chairs aft of the table. In addition there's a curtained changing area at the rear of the cabin.
This is presumably the table and chair setup (or a previous version of it), as seen fitted to Concorde in the 1970s: https://i.pinimg.com/originals/01/e0...aa9ef16536.jpg
Old Sep 16, 2020, 6:58 am

Originally Posted by Genius1
This is presumably the table and chair setup (or a previous version of it), as seen fitted to Concorde in the 1970s: https://i.pinimg.com/originals/01/e0...aa9ef16536.jpg
It could be. Although this incarnation looks to be actual Concorde seats of the era turned to face each other and a smaller flexible table paced in between to create the private jet look. I remember seeing a photo and diagram of the royal suite equipment once and they were definitely chunkier than those in the Concorde picture.
Old Sep 16, 2020, 10:27 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
She's not wearing stockings!!!
Old Sep 16, 2020, 3:36 pm

Programs: BAEC | qantas | IHG | Hilton Honors | Priority Pass | Nandos
Originally Posted by LondonElite
Are they tights?
Old Sep 16, 2020, 3:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by LondonElite
Originally Posted by peter h
Are they tights?
This is getting very lèse-majesté
Old Sep 16, 2020, 5:19 pm

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classé, plus BAEC.
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
This is getting very lèse-majesté
Quite!

Where’s a tall besuited chap with an authoritative cough when you need one?
EDIwanderer likes this.
Old Sep 19, 2020, 6:31 am

Programs: BA Gold
... and clearly HM Government (or should that be government) doesn't always use BA (re. Raab using UA IAD-LHR a day or so ago when there's a perfectly good BA flight)

(oh and where is Boris-Farce-One at the moment...)
Old Sep 19, 2020, 10:34 am

Originally Posted by CKBA
... and clearly HM Government (or should that be government) doesn't always use BA (re. Raab using UA IAD-LHR a day or so ago when there's a perfectly good BA flight)

(oh and where is Boris-Farce-One at the moment...)
Given the public purse nature of MP's traveling expenses, I imagine the only reasons UA was chosen and justified over BA/VS was either on cost and/or favourable timings.
LucyK1806 and krispy84 like this.
Old Sep 19, 2020, 6:56 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Given the public purse nature of MP's traveling expenses, I imagine the only reasons UA was chosen and justified over BA/VS was either on cost and/or favourable timings.
... or maybe he heard about BA's covid-'friendly' catering...
Old Sep 19, 2020, 7:11 pm

Originally Posted by CKBA
... or maybe he heard about BA's covid-'friendly' catering...
LOL if that were the case surely he'd have been lording it up on Swiss or Lufthansa..... if this forums anything to go by.
Old Sep 20, 2020, 3:40 am

Programs: Honors Diamond
I’d put (minimal) money on it being the earlier departure from DC, and then arrival into London, of the United flight. I think this market is normally served by the BA216, but that is the flight that has got the chop at the moment. Not justifying it though, I’m sure a bit of diary juggling could have made the later BA flight work if he had really wanted to.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.