Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Just need 1 Avios to qualify for RFS - how? SA based

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Just need 1 Avios to qualify for RFS - how? SA based

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2018, 6:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: EK Plat
Originally Posted by Flame3601
Do you have a Pick n Pay smart shopper card? If so go convert to Avios via the App right now ( pretty sure it comes through instantly). If you do not then go get one and spend to earn atleast 800 smart shopper points to equal 100 avios ( minimum transfer rate) then transfer to Avios ....
Pro tip- look out for 5x smart shopper points products.

Thank me later
hi Flame 3601. So I resurrected a
PicknPay shopper card. Turns out I had points expiring end May so thanks for the tip off. But then it got difficult. I transferred 800 Avios and got an error message. So did it again. Same error message. So called the help line who advised that both transactions had gone through. That was Friday. Today, Monday, they are still not showing in my account. Do you know how long it takes to post? Thank you in advance.
Old May 21, 2018, 6:39 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gillyd22

PicknPay shopper card. Turns out I had points expiring end May so thanks for the tip off. But then it got difficult. I transferred 800 Avios and got an error message. So did it again. Same error message. So called the help line who advised that both transactions had gone through. That was Friday. Today, Monday, they are still not showing in my account. Do you know how long it takes to post? Thank you in advance.
ps hope you are feeling better after your cheese experience. Not nice at all.
Old May 21, 2018, 10:10 am

Programs: BA Exec Gold , Qatar Priviledge Club Plat

HI again, firstly i would get on the offer of that free 1 avios by another member as that may just be the cure to your issue, if time and reward space availability is not an issue then maybe stick that one on standby until we see how the PnP transfer goes. I am pretty sure there is an activation period to link the accounts when i think about it now, i am not 100% sure but i think you should see them reflect in your account by Tuesday ( tomorrow) or Wednesday latest. I would call again tomorrow after 12am to double check and try get some progress on it. I think i am getting confused on the avios to BA Exec club transfer being instant, but when it comes to PnP to Avios etc then it is about 2 working days hence why you haven't seen any movement as the weekend nothing will shift.

Fingers crossed thou, update us if anything else comes up. Oh and feeling a lot better
Old May 21, 2018, 10:25 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, SAA Voyager
Sorry to burst this balloon but reward flight saver is not available on flights operated by Comair in South Africa.
Old May 21, 2018, 10:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by LondonCapeTownAnyday
Sorry to burst this balloon but reward flight saver is not available on flights operated by Comair in South Africa.
It certainly is!
Old May 21, 2018, 10:59 am

Originally Posted by Globaliser
It certainly is!
If it wasn’t then it would actually be cheaper to buy a ticket then to use Avios, so cheers to RFS in SA!
Old May 21, 2018, 11:33 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, SAA Voyager
Apologies I stand corrected!
Old May 21, 2018, 1:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
If it wasn’t then it would actually be cheaper to buy a ticket then to use Avios, so cheers to RFS in SA!
Sometimes it is better value to buy a cash ticket anyway than redeem using RFS. It's worth noting that the RFS cash fee is higher for Comair award tickets than on BA mainline, and this plays a part. But so too does the variable YQ on Comair - you can pay a different level of YQ depending on the booking class of your fare, even though the different fares are within the same cabin.
Old May 22, 2018, 10:47 am
Original Poster

HI again, firstly i would get on the offer of that free 1 avios by another member as that may just be the cure to your issue, if time and reward space availability is not an issue then maybe stick that one on standby until we see how the PnP transfer goes. I am pretty sure there is an activation period to link the accounts when i think about it now, i am not 100% sure but i think you should see them reflect in your account by Tuesday ( tomorrow) or Wednesday latest. I would call again tomorrow after 12am to double check and try get some progress on it. I think i am getting confused on the avios to BA Exec club transfer being instant, but when it comes to PnP to Avios etc then it is about 2 working days hence why you haven't seen any movement as the weekend nothing will shift.

Fingers crossed thou, update us if anything else comes up. Oh and feeling a lot better
whoop whoop! Avios posted today. What a result from a forgotten PicknPay card whose points were due to expire end May. Can’t thank you enough, Flame3601, nor you teledude - you were my very kind back up plan! Now...... are the flights still available?............
Old May 22, 2018, 12:07 pm

whoop whoop! Avios posted today. What a result from a forgotten PicknPay card whose points were due to expire end May. Can’t thank you enough, Flame3601, nor you teledude - you were my very kind back up plan! Now...... are the flights still available?............
Great news, enjoy your trip and glad i was able to be of assistance!

See you in the skies
Old May 22, 2018, 12:47 pm
Original Poster

Great news, enjoy your trip and glad i was able to be of assistance!

See you in the skies
and....... got the last reward seats. All booked! Can’t thank you enough. That’s what this forum is all about. Ie helping one another. Thank you all.
Flame3601 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.