Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Just need 1 Avios to qualify for RFS - how? SA based

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2018, 6:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: EK Plat

Hi everyone.
i am sitting on a pile of Avios that I cannot seem to spend. So, although it goes against the grain, I am looking to book a domestic SA flight for a few of the family. Thing is, the difference in taxes between RFS and the standard taxes is huge. But I haven’t earned any Avios in the past 12 months. So, my question is, here in SA what is the easiest/ most cost effective way to put 1 Avios in my account? Thanks in advance for any pointers!!
Old May 15, 2018, 6:24 am
Suspended

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2018 edition

Car hire or online surveys, depends how quick you want your account to be credited.

Have a quick browse of head for points website.

Do you have a UK address and credit card at all?

Last edited by FlyerTalker39574; May 15, 2018 at 6:38 am
Old May 15, 2018, 7:34 am

Programs: BA GGL - maybe only briefly!
Can you just buy some Avios - purchasing resets the 36-month expiry rule but I will take advice on whether it qualifies for the RFS rule.
Old May 15, 2018, 8:33 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by richardwft
Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2018 edition

Car hire or online surveys, depends how quick you want your account to be credited.

Have a quick browse of head for points website.

Do you have a UK address and credit card at all?
yes I do. Does that help?
Old May 15, 2018, 8:35 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lincolnite
Can you just buy some Avios - purchasing resets the 36-month expiry rule but I will take advice on whether it qualifies for the RFS rule.
don’t have a problem with the 36 month expiry. Whilst there has been activity on the account, there has not been an Avios credit which is my problem.
Old May 15, 2018, 8:53 am

Programs: BAEC: Silver. Nothing else as TopCashBack trumps all hotel programs
Originally Posted by gillyd22

don’t have a problem with the 36 month expiry. Whilst there has been activity on the account, there has not been an Avios credit which is my problem.
Avios.com
Just buy something simple from one of the partners. Like a pair of socks or something.
Old May 15, 2018, 8:59 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
Quickest thing is something like a Papa John pizza which credits very fast, 2 or 3 days as I recall. Apart from surveys which are a bit hit and miss in terms of being offered one you can complete but they credit overnight - rewards for thoughts gives fairly instant avios, e-rewards needs you to complete a load of surveys before you can redeem.

If you're not already signed up it takes quite a while to get the first credit (as I recall)
Old May 15, 2018, 9:11 am

Hi everyone.
i am sitting on a pile of Avios that I cannot seem to spend. So, although it goes against the grain, I am looking to book a domestic SA flight for a few of the family. Thing is, the difference in taxes between RFS and the standard taxes is huge. But I haven’t earned any Avios in the past 12 months. So, my question is, here in SA what is the easiest/ most cost effective way to put 1 Avios in my account? Thanks in advance for any pointers!!
Give them a call. They may gift you the one. Not as rare as you'd think.....
Old May 15, 2018, 9:18 am
Suspended

yes I do. Does that help?
You can buy from the e store, but Check how long it takes for the Avios to credit.
Old May 15, 2018, 9:50 am

Programs: BA Exec Gold , Qatar Priviledge Club Plat
Do you have a Pick n Pay smart shopper card? If so go convert to Avios via the App right now ( pretty sure it comes through instantly). If you do not then go get one and spend to earn atleast 800 smart shopper points to equal 100 avios ( minimum transfer rate) then transfer to Avios ....
Pro tip- look out for 5x smart shopper points products.

Thank me later

Last edited by Flame3601; May 16, 2018 at 12:59 am
Old May 15, 2018, 10:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
But I haven’t earned any Avios in the past 12 months. So, my question is, here in SA what is the easiest/ most cost effective way to put 1 Avios in my account?
I'm sorry if I'm being slow and I've missed something.

But do you have an avios.com account, or do you have a British Airways Executive Club account?
Flame3601 likes this.
Old May 15, 2018, 11:46 am

Programs: GGL/CCR
Hi everyone.
If it helps PM me your details and I'll send you 1 avios instantly.... hope it has the same effect as earning it
Old May 16, 2018, 12:36 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Globaliser
I'm sorry if I'm being slow and I've missed something.

But do you have an avios.com account, or do you have a British Airways Executive Club account?
it’s a BA exec account.
Old May 16, 2018, 12:36 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Flame3601
Do you have a Pick n Pay smart shopper card? If so go convert to Avios via the App right now ( pretty sure it comes through instantly). If you do not then go get one and spend to earn atleast 800 avios to equal 100 avios ( minimum transfer rate) then transfer to Avios ....

Thank me later
thank you now!
Old May 16, 2018, 12:38 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by teledude
If it helps PM me your details and I'll send you 1 avios instantly.... hope it has the same effect as earning it
thank you so much. May take you up on that but first I’ll try the PnPay card idea. Thanks to all who replied!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.