Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA178 (Daylight JFK-LHR) CW Meal Service

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2018, 7:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Cloudy_Up_There
I was on BA0178 last week (1 December) in WTP and the second meal, prior to landing, was a croissant with tomato cream cheese. Embarrassed apologies were served along with this sad offering.
To be honest, is exactly the same quantity/quality as all other flights on that route. The overnight usually gets a dry sandwich with cream cheese in WT+ as well as WT.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 11:17 am

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
I was on BA0178 last week (1 December) in WTP and the second meal, prior to landing, was a croissant with tomato cream cheese. Embarrassed apologies were served along with this sad offering.
I'd prefer that than the club tapas thing they seem to be currently serving.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 11:34 am

Programs: BA, Hilton, jetBlue, Lufthansa, Network Southeast, and Amtrak.
Originally Posted by orbitmic
To be honest, is exactly the same quantity/quality as all other flights on that route. The overnight usually gets a dry sandwich with cream cheese in WT+ as well as WT.
Really? I wonder why the FA was so profusely apologetic then.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 10:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Really? I wonder why the FA was so profusely apologetic then.
Not really sure either! (though it is fully worthy of an apology but I agree that unless if do it every time it becomes formulaic and if not it becomes pointless)
Old Sep 22, 2021, 10:40 am

Programs: Aer Lingus AerClub Concierge, BA Silver
Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but the 178 looks to be back in December and I'm booked on it in CW. Does anyone know already if anything will have changed in terms of the meals/catering since this thread has been posted? I assume there will be some COVID 'enhancements',..
Old Mar 21, 2022, 6:46 am

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
Just been handed a lunch menu for today's flight. Told it's because of the time of day we land. We are leaving an hour later in the US due to the time zone, but still land at the same time in the UK. I was looking forward to the breakfast!
Old Mar 21, 2022, 7:36 am

Programs: BA Gold
was lunch on it yesterday as well. I'd rather have had the panini first, then the lunch meal later. Eating a proper meal at 10;30 am ish local time was weird, I left half of it. I'd breakfasted in the lounge.
Old Apr 16, 2023, 8:47 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, BD Blue (RIP)
Must have been a short-term thing due to the clock change - was back to breakfast (choice of full English, omelette or pancakes) on Friday.
Old Apr 16, 2023, 10:42 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by endoman
was lunch on it yesterday as well. I'd rather have had the panini first, then the lunch meal later. Eating a proper meal at 10;30 am ish local time was weird, I left half of it. I'd breakfasted in the lounge.
Was on the 180 from EWR and that was lunch first too on April 10. F if it made any difference.
Old Apr 16, 2023, 2:34 pm

I don’t quite get BA’s product team logic on this and other routes. Virgin offers hot drinks/juices and a light breakfast tray after take off on their daylight JFK-LHR and then starts a bar round followed by full dinner service just under 3hrs from London which works well given the flight time and early departure.
ExpatExp likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.