Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What is the BEST thing about BA for you?

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2018, 9:51 am

Originally Posted by cupsandsaucers
At the risk of sounding a bit nationalist... Is it really BA staff that are amazing, or is it because they are British?
RYA and EZY aside..
I have always found Virgins staff every bit as good as BA. (Which is to say excellent).
I don't know whether it's because of where they're from, but I wouldn't put EZY aside in your comparison - on all the flights I've taken they've been consistently good. I've had good and sometimes excellent service on BA - indeed a couple of times I've had outstanding service. But not consistently so.

But back OT, the route network from London.
Old May 11, 2018, 9:56 am

Programs: BAEC Silver (but only temporarily) AVIS Presidents Club, Starbucks Gold
Sorry to take (my own) thread off topic but is the EDI lounge nice yeah? I'm going for the first time next week. Hate the Glasgow lounge. It's so small it's ridiculous.
Yep, I like it anyway. Spacious (more so than GLA at least in my opinion).
ML
Old May 11, 2018, 10:01 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hotels.com Gold
- their direct flight routes
- award availability
- their staff, particularly flight and cabin crew
- ability to handle IRROPS in LHR due to the size of their fleet there (large scale IT or snow related meltdowns excepted)
Old May 11, 2018, 10:06 am

Programs: BA Gold
BAEC Gold
Heathrow
(Some) staff
daftboy likes this.
Old May 11, 2018, 10:17 am

Programs: BAEC Silver (but only temporarily) AVIS Presidents Club, Starbucks Gold
In no order of preference:
F lounge at T5. It's great when they take off on 09 as I could quite happily sit in the atrium all day and watch airplanes taxi and take-off.
Cabin Crew: Though, having flown QR often enough I find even though they may not be native English speakers, they are always engaging should you wish to indulge in conversation (Which I do as speaking with people from different countries is something I very much enjoy doing).
Redemptions:

ML
subject2load likes this.
Old May 11, 2018, 10:25 am

What do you think is BA's best feature?
Absolutely stellar award availability. The fuel surcharges are a drag, but I love being able to find F inventory almost regardless of where or when I'm going.
Old May 11, 2018, 10:29 am

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
Price
BAEC & benefits
The GGL line (part of BAEC, but they deserve their own shout out)
Hand luggage allowance
Majority of crew
Old May 11, 2018, 10:43 am

Programs: BA LtG, Flying Blue Plat
Schedule - truly the only thing I choose flights based on. Most of mine are on BA so they must be doing something right.
Old May 11, 2018, 11:35 am

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Nonstops from PHX-LHR are great for me since I fly business internationally. The longer I can sit in a lay flat the better. I also think that the Z-position of the CW seat is very comfortable for me.
Old May 11, 2018, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Being very specific, I thank BA for offering 5-a-day between JER and LGW, thus enabling us to get to distant (and indeed closer) destinations.

Other airlines do exist, but don’t earn TPs and/or go anywhere useful for us!
Old May 11, 2018, 1:28 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hotels.com Gold
The crew (most of the time) - as others have said there is no uncomfortable fawning, just generally a good bunch of people who seem to enjoy flying. That said I had two different genuinely great AA crews this week.

RFS which mean most of our European weekends away are nearly free when using the Avios generated by long-haul.

Silver status actually being achievable even for us leisure flyers and actually giving the kind of perks you want.

They can make the best approximation of a proper cup of tea that you can get on an aircraft, which is a blessed relief on the way home. AA sorely disappointed me there when I forgot myself and ordered one with breakfast on JFK-LHR yesterday morning.
Old May 11, 2018, 2:36 pm

Programs: BA, Hilton
I am responsible for corporate travel in my business and we have a "no fly" list. Airlines I won't put us on. The list is not just decided by me but all staff have their say. This list is as such.

Ryan Air
AA
United
Jet Blue
Spirit.

For a company that travels globally. That's a pretty US heavy list wouldn't you agree? And to get on that list the airline has to have made the travel experience particularly bad, more than once.

Delta is the only US carrier we will take now.
My experience of AA is admittedly limited to a few flights a year, but while I found their service slightly "mechanical" I can't say I was unimpressed.

Certainly AA domestic First beats any CE seat I've had. I'm sure that is not a surprise

Was it yourself or your staff who vetoed AA?
Old May 11, 2018, 2:52 pm

.....a "no fly" list. Airlines I won't put us on.

Jet Blue
Jet Blue did a nice line in blue crisps. Do they still give you a packet?
Old May 11, 2018, 3:18 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M Senator
Because status is based on tier points, it's relatively easy to make silver/OWS (one transatlantic trip in biz with a triple connection [i.e. ex-EU to MAD/HEL to LHR to US hub to destination]) or gold/OWE (three of those trips or four double connection [ex-EU to LHR to US hub to destination]). Plus there are even more creative routings involving Hawaii that can get you to gold with one or two trips. No other OW carrier that I know of makes earning those levels of status that easy/affordable if you're flying biz on I fares.
Old May 11, 2018, 3:35 pm

Programs: Varies
What I like best, that seem to be fairly unique to BA, are:

Amex 241 vouchers
The babybus
​​​​​​

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.