Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What is the BEST thing about BA for you?

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2018, 6:29 am

Programs: BA Gold, ELAL Top Platinum
I like the timing of flights and the variety of destinations options, such as OAK, SJC and SFO. The staff are also another pull-not Lounge Dragons!!

Programs: BA Gold
BAEC
The good CW seats
Pricing
OW Alliance

That they are part of oneworld and benefits apply across this network, especially at LHR T3.

Edit/ also their Club World seats. Used to hate them, but will be sad to see them replaced by something with a foot coffin
Old May 11, 2018, 6:34 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Arriving at T5, transiting through T5, lounges in T5, Club World (YES I love it !), routes available out of London and being at HKG at 2300 looking at a small bit of home is just sitting there (Preferably A380) waiting for me to board !

Last edited by THEOBCMAN; May 11, 2018 at 6:49 am
Old May 11, 2018, 6:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC: Silver. Nothing else as TopCashBack trumps all hotel programs
Originally Posted by Frequent flyer 101
That they are part of oneworld and benefits apply across this network, especially at LHR T3.

Edit/ also their Club World seats. Used to hate them, but will be sad to see them replaced by something with a foot coffin
Foot coffin, wider seat, direct aisle access for all seats. Not having to camber over your neighbour... Etc etc.

Can't wait. Might start flying CW again!

Seems mad to me someone would say CW is one of the BEST things about BA. To be it is probably the worst part of BA. 8 across in club. Shrug. But each to their own.
Old May 11, 2018, 6:39 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
I have to say the FA and the call centers, Have yet to me a bad FA, (traveling from US to India)
The call center helped my wife and I out big time during the storm in UK a few months ago,
(to the point where I got a survey on line and actually responded with much glee about the service I received)
Old May 11, 2018, 6:47 am

Programs: Mucci (Scirocco Sash), BAEC Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador
As a London based Gold:
- First wing
- Exec Club (incl. ability to use BA Amex 2-4-1)
- Short and long haul network gets me where I want to be (OW does the rest)

I wouldn't say staff are the high point for me (ground staff usually come across as distracted/disinterested more than anything; in flight a mixed bag, but usually ok)
Old May 11, 2018, 6:53 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

They fly direct to the UK from here. All the T5 lounges should we be fortunate to have access to them are good . My wife likes BA pilots.

Having said that IB/MAD is every bit as good....just wish they had a connecting flight to GLA.
Old May 11, 2018, 7:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Positives:
Good route network
Cabin Crew (usually)
Safety
BAEC
Amex 2-4-1
Gold Line (usually)
First Wing LHR

Ambivalent:
Seat comfort/environment (CW/CE)
In-flight catering
IFE (improving slowly)
ba.com
Old May 11, 2018, 8:02 am

The generally polite professionalism of their staff. It's the one point where BA still beats AA IMO.
Old May 11, 2018, 8:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC: Silver. Nothing else as TopCashBack trumps all hotel programs
Originally Posted by Ber2dca
The generally polite professionalism of their staff. It's the one point where BA still beats AA IMO.
Oh god. American carrier staff are quite literally horrendous. Absolutely awful. I don't know how they have got to such a state, especially for a country that prides itself on its service Industry (hotels, bars, restaurants).
I often feel loathed not valued on US carriers. They clearly and obviously hate their jobs. And you for being a customer.
Old May 11, 2018, 8:13 am

Programs: BA Gold
I agree with pretty much all of the above. For me, the best bits are:

- The staff (Cabin/Flight crew specifically but all generally)
- My usual cabins (WT/+) are on the whole good experiences.
- BAEC

Originally Posted by mikeyfly
A friend of mine raves on about the United App too - apparently you can literally seat shift until you are boarding which allows empty seat next door etc
Although I’m not a big UA fan, I do occasionally take the GLA-EWR service when budget/timings dictate. Their app is one area where UA runs rings around BA. You can see a seat map for the full aircraft, not just your cabin, move around at will right up to boarding, track where your aircraft is inbound from (a sort of Flightradar Lite functionality) and see the recent ‘history’ of the aircraft. Most importantly, in case of IRROPS/missed connections, it gives you a list of all direct & indirect routes available to switch to free of charge, without having to pick up the phone or wait in a queue for a ground agent.
Old May 11, 2018, 8:15 am
Suspended

Status heavy leisure flights to high end resorts and non chav second home locations, the sense of entitlement is hilarious, the smaller the aircraft the better.
Old May 11, 2018, 8:19 am

Programs: Mucci Blue, BAEC Gold, Blockbuster Video card
Originally Posted by HIDDY
They fly direct to the UK from here. All the T5 lounges should we be fortunate to have access to them are good . My wife likes BA pilots.

Having said that IB/MAD is every bit as good....just wish they had a connecting flight to GLA.
Might have to come down to Buenos Aires later this year (not confirmed yet). Do you really think the connecting flight out of MAD is that good? What do they use - an A340-600?
Old May 11, 2018, 8:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by cupsandsaucers
Oh god. American carrier staff are quite literally horrendous. Absolutely awful. I don't know how they have got to such a state, especially for a country that prides itself on its service Industry (hotels, bars, restaurants).
I often feel loathed not valued on US carriers. They clearly and obviously hate their jobs. And you for being a customer.
How curious that our various experiences with AA (both TATL and Domestic) are radically different, including the following from my TRs.

Originally Posted by T8191
I must also note that ‘our’ FA was absolutely wonderful, and friendly. “If you want anything, just call me, even if i’m on a break”. I even got a peck on the cheek from her at the end of the flight!
Originally Posted by T8191
And then we were descending towards DUB, and our charming FA went round the cabin shaking hands with everyone and wishing us all a safe onward journey … how VERY nice!

Last edited by T8191; May 11, 2018 at 8:26 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.