Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA2039 LGW - MCO Delay Today 3rd May 2018

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2018, 1:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold-Virgin Gold-Delta MM-Hilton Diamond-Hyatt Globalist-Marriott Gold-IHG Plat Amb-Accor Nobody
BA2039 LGW - MCO Delay Today 3rd May 2018

Anyone have any info on the cause of their 2 1/2 hour delay ? I'm on the 2038 return tonight.
Old May 3, 2018, 1:46 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Not sure, but was this not scheduled to be with the new refitted 777 interior?
Old May 3, 2018, 2:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold-Virgin Gold-Delta MM-Hilton Diamond-Hyatt Globalist-Marriott Gold-IHG Plat Amb-Accor Nobody
That's the earlier flight, which was also +/- 3 hours late leaving LGW-MCO. BA2039 is G-YMMD ... https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/g-ymmd

S.O.B .... the earlier flight is getting the upgraded IFE .... guess I'll definitely be heading straight for the horizontal position on my 'old' IFE equipment flight
Old May 3, 2018, 2:15 pm

I’m currently on this flight (writing this sat in 1G) and the delay was due to an issue with the fans for the air conditioning. The captain informed us when we were pushing back that the engineers eventually found a plastic bag which had been sucked in through the vents at floor level somewhere in the workings at the rear of the plane. We pushed back 2h55m late in the end at 4:20. The Captain and First Officers were extremely good at keeping us informed and came into the gate area to make announcements themselves. In the end they told us all to go away for an hour and come back at 3:15. We ended up going back to the lounge, grabbed some food and just as I was finishing off another glass of champagne they made an announcement in the lounge to go back to gate 31. We did and were boarded almost immediately. Then a passenger did not come back so we were further delayed whilst they found and removed their bags.
Old May 3, 2018, 3:17 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jonjparr
I’m currently on this flight (writing this sat in 1G) and the delay was due to an issue with the fans for the air conditioning. The captain informed us when we were pushing back that the engineers eventually found a plastic bag which had been sucked in through the vents at floor level somewhere in the workings at the rear of the plane. We pushed back 2h55m late in the end at 4:20. The Captain and First Officers were extremely good at keeping us informed and came into the gate area to make announcements themselves. In the end they told us all to go away for an hour and come back at 3:15. We ended up going back to the lounge, grabbed some food and just as I was finishing off another glass of champagne they made an announcement in the lounge to go back to gate 31. We did and were boarded almost immediately. Then a passenger did not come back so we were further delayed whilst they found and removed their bags.
Thanks JonJParr .... appreciate the explanation.
Old May 3, 2018, 3:25 pm

The early flight is currently expected to land 3h03m late so a nice top up of spending money might materialise.
Old May 3, 2018, 3:27 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by simons1
The early flight is currently expected to land 3h03m late so a nice top up of spending money might materialise.
Yep, hoping my anticipated 2+ hour delay departing MCO will end up in a +3 hour arrival at LGW tomorrow
Old May 3, 2018, 4:55 pm

Originally Posted by simons1
Deleted

Last edited by jp-mco; May 3, 2018 at 5:12 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.