BA269 (LHR-LAX) returning to LHR...

Old Apr 24, 18, 3:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, LH M&M Member
BA269 (LHR-LAX) returning to LHR...

I always seem to notice these when I'm tired, and it makes my heart go out to everybody involved;

An A380 full(?) of passengers arriving unexpectedly after 11pm to Heathrow and having to be dealt with will be a crappy experience for passengers, crew, and ground staff.

Here's hoping they all get a good night's sleep and have a good onward journey tomorrow.
hugolover and Ldnn1 like this.
Old Apr 24, 18, 4:01 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Those pesky A380s like a technical fault!
Old Apr 24, 18, 4:06 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Silver, Alitalia Freccia Alata
LHR DIV LAX LHR
AIRCRAFT DEFECTS
ESTIMATED TIME OF ARRIVAL 2322 LHR
ESTIMATED TIME OF ARRIVAL LHR 2322 LHR
NEXT INFO WILL BE AT 1445
ESTIMATED TIME OF DEPARTURE 1755
LEFT THE GATE 1754
TOOK OFF 1816
DELAY ZO

Looks like an overnight delay. Always difficult booking hotels past midnight for immediate use! Hopefully BA will take care of them.
Old Apr 24, 18, 4:08 pm

Rescheduled for 14:45 tomorrow (Wed, 25 Apr)
Old Apr 24, 18, 4:10 pm

Originally Posted by BA0197 View Post
Looks like an overnight delay. Always difficult booking hotels past midnight for immediate use! Hopefully BA will take care of them.
And from a quick look at IHG and Hilton as indicators, there is very little around Heathrow tonight.
Old Apr 24, 18, 4:18 pm

Programs: BA Gold; Hilton Honors Gold
I hope they are looked after better than I was when this last happened to me. Admittedly a few years ago now when travelling NCL - LHR - BRU and the NCL - LHR flight was diverted to STN due to bad weather. We were eventually put onto coaches at STN and trundled round the M25 to Heathrow for a very late arrival - and met by pretty much just the cleaners and a couple of bemused staff. The story was that no one knew that our flight had been diverted, which I found very hard to believe. We were finally given hotel vouchers but we were pretty much left to fend for ourselves. To make matters worse my flight to BRU the following day was delayed as it had to be ferried over from STN - it was the same aircraft as I was on the day before!
hugolover and NeverFirst like this.
Old Apr 24, 18, 4:24 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by Ldnn1 View Post
And from a quick look at IHG and Hilton as indicators, there is very little around Heathrow tonight.
Iím currently at the Sofitel LHR, when checking in a late this evening the receptionist said the hotel was fully booked tonight.
BA0197 likes this.
Old Apr 24, 18, 4:26 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Silver, Alitalia Freccia Alata
Originally Posted by Ldnn1 View Post
For the amount of hotels around Heathrow it always surprises me how full they constantly are. And they've missed the last HEX train. Just a matter of calling around I suppose, confirming availability and getting in a cab to the nearest hotel with space (think Paddington, Windsor or Woking). Save the receipts and charge to BA. The airport is the last place you'd want to be after returning.

BAEC office still open in the USA if you'd like to rearrange your flight to be earlier! (1-800-AIRWAYS) Use Skype- it's free.
Old Apr 24, 18, 4:31 pm

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK View Post

Iím currently at the Sofitel LHR, when checking in a late this evening the receptionist said the hotel was fully booked tonight.
Rooms still being sold on the webpage for GBP 309 or more.
hugolover likes this.
Old Apr 24, 18, 4:33 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Worse day of this week for a hotel in London, I booked last week and though Wednesday and Thursday rates are reasonable, the rates for tonight were high to begin with. But there are rooms going (e.g. Doubletree Kingston upon Thames is £170, and Hilton T4 is just over the £200 guideline at £210. Other options are Ealing and Syon Lane at £204).
BA0197 likes this.
Old Apr 24, 18, 4:43 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave View Post
Worse day of this week for a hotel in London
By the by, Brussels is horribly full tonight as well. Everyone back to the grind it seems...
Old Apr 24, 18, 5:12 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, IHG Spire Ambassador, HH Diamond, Scandic Top Floor
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave View Post
Worse day of this week for a hotel in London, I booked last week and though Wednesday and Thursday rates are reasonable, the rates for tonight were high to begin with. But there are rooms going (e.g. Doubletree Kingston upon Thames is £170, and Hilton T4 is just over the £200 guideline at £210. Other options are Ealing and Syon Lane at £204).
Last time I was caught in the snow disruption (Early March) and there was nothing reasonable around LHR I used the Hilton Cobham, it was very reasonable and only 25 mins by Uber (30 GBP there and 25 GBP on the return), can't check availability as I'm already in the 25th of Apr here....

DtB
Old Apr 25, 18, 2:32 am

Programs: BA Gold
No water in the toilets according to this tweet, accomodation was at the Permier Inn:
Old Apr 25, 18, 3:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, LH M&M Member
So they delayed departure for two hours because they had no water for the lavatories, then took off without the water and had to turn round over the Atlantic because they had no water...?
Old Apr 25, 18, 3:47 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
Is it possible that a fault was thought to be rectified on the ground, but then recurred in the air? The A380 water and flush system for the toilets is ... not simple.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: