Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Are GUF1s worth the faff?

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2018, 7:44 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by Lucanesque
Trying to use them to upgrade Avios bookings, they've been useless (and therefore worthless) to me. Using a TA like Propeller to upgrade in to revenue fares they've saved me thousands ^
Precisely the same here. And I've only used one thus far!
Old May 5, 2018, 9:40 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Avis Presidents Club, Majestic Platinum*
I have been able to use them with some flexibility the most recent below:

1.Used one GUF 2 plus a Joker and a 2for 1 for F to CPT in Feb
2.Extended my GUF 1 x 2 by 6momths after calling GGL line and used one to tune a J work trip to Boston into F - had to be flexible on flights not days on this one
3. Used Propeller for 30 to get WTP to CW ticket to JNB in May for 1450 when all J fares on most carriers on these dates were over 3000
4. GUF2 plus Joker for WTP to CE to ANU in November

They seemed happy to make the 6 month extension and with some flexibility even without a joker they have saved some serious avios
Old May 6, 2018, 4:13 pm

Programs: Demoted to gold, Cats protection
I had several expire, never been able to find availability
Old May 7, 2018, 2:37 am

Programs: BA GGL FL, AA EXP, MR Titanium, HH Dia, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Melia Plat, Amex Centurion
Revenue bucket "A"

Originally Posted by pinkcat
I had several expire, never been able to find availability
I have always found loads of availability in revenue bucket A when using Propeller Travel and value my GUF's at 500 - 800 per sector depending on route - so I think they are well worth the faff ^
Lucanesque likes this.
Old May 7, 2018, 3:19 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by pjh981

......although my recent experience is that the back office has refused to open up CW availability for a Joker on a LHR-LAX 388 despite expertflyer showing that every fare bucket is wide open and the GGL line customer services wouldnt explain why.
If all fare buckets are wide open, an explanation might be that another GGL has already taken joker seats in that cabin for that flight. I've had that twice on flights to GVA in ski season.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.