Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BBerg: Qatar Airways Looks at Loaning Wide-Body Jets to British Airways

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BBerg: Qatar Airways Looks at Loaning Wide-Body Jets to British Airways

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2018, 1:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I look forward to reading the 'I paid for CW and ended up flying QR Premium Economy....how much compensation am I due?' threads.
Old May 9, 2018, 1:54 pm

Programs: BA Gold, A3 *Gold
Doesn’t look great at all. And it would surely cause a huge problem for PE pax.

I wonder if they’d consider putting these on some of the bucket and spade Gatters routes and moving 3 777s to Heahrow?
Old May 9, 2018, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It’s a surprisingly good seat. Proper flat bed with no lumps and bumps, no wobbling, more storage space than CW, and quite private. The step over is a pain but not much worse than a CW hopover. I would happily fly it as a substitute. However the risk of getting one if flying WT+...will stick with AC this summer just in case.
Old May 9, 2018, 2:21 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL (OWE), SA LifePlat (*G), BD Gold to the end, Hilton Diamond
Maybe 330s destined for LGW and some 777s will be switched to LHR?
Old May 9, 2018, 5:58 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Originally Posted by happeemonkee

I found the foot space very restrictive when trying to sleep. Didn’t like it at all
Same here. And there is no storage either.
Old May 9, 2018, 11:30 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club
Why should the London Gatwick operation be disrupted ?
Another case of Heathrow elite thinking on no account should they be inconvenienced!
T8191 likes this.
Old May 9, 2018, 11:34 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club
Furthermore I wouldn't label Bermuda or Mauritius typical bucket and spade routes!
Old May 10, 2018, 12:27 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL (OWE), SA LifePlat (*G), BD Gold to the end, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by vectismanpaul
Because the closest fit to the 330s configuration and business class/economy seat ratio is the densified 777 being deployed at LGW.
Old May 10, 2018, 12:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Further restrictions on the Rolls Royce powered Dreamliner published yesterday quoted here

Seems the dream changed to nightmare

Due to the ongoing diplomatic situation, QR will certainly have more aicraft to wet-lease
Old May 10, 2018, 12:59 am

Programs: BA Gold, A3 *Gold
Originally Posted by vectismanpaul
Another case of Heathrow elite thinking on no account should they be inconvenienced!
Nice to be described as Heathrow Elite

Maybe I’m wrong but my impression from flying from both Heathrow and Gatwick is that there are many more empty CW and WT+ seats on a route like MCO than there are on most Heathrow routes. You could also put it on the New York route which I believe is priced below Heathrow usually and then move overflow CW and WT+ pax to Heathrow flights.

it just seems that some Gatters routes, not all, might be a good fit for a plane that has less premium seats...
Old May 10, 2018, 1:25 am

Because dodgy outdated aircraft are already common place at chavwick, they'll fit in just fine.
T8191 likes this.
Old May 10, 2018, 1:50 am

Originally Posted by RobDBA

Nice to be described as Heathrow Elite

Maybe I’m wrong but my impression from flying from both Heathrow and Gatwick is that there are many more empty CW and WT+ seats on a route like MCO than there are on most Heathrow routes. You could also put it on the New York route which I believe is priced below Heathrow usually and then move overflow CW and WT+ pax to Heathrow flights.

it just seems that some Gatters routes, not all, might be a good fit for a plane that has less premium seats...
I have flown to and from MCO in CW a handful of times at different times of the year and CW has always been completely full including returning last November.
Old May 10, 2018, 2:08 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
Originally Posted by onobond
Further restrictions on the Rolls Royce powered Dreamliner published yesterday quoted here

Seems the dream changed to nightmare

Due to the ongoing diplomatic situation, QR will certainly have more aicraft to wet-lease
That is going to be a nightmare for ANA. Their flights to Europe are OK but everything else will be problematic.
Old May 10, 2018, 2:24 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by fransknorge
That is going to be a nightmare for ANA. Their flights to Europe are OK but everything else will be problematic.
My understanding is that the key component of the RR engine blade is made from the material by a Japanese company (think of the Kobe Steel scandal). Thus we did not hear any complaints from ANA...
Old May 10, 2018, 2:33 am

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
Originally Posted by onobond
The ATR has an ETOPS rating of 120 min. Awkward ...

Originally Posted by fransknorge
It's interesting that the article doesn't mention ANA. They have over 80 787 with RR engines.

BTW The routes to Europe will be affected with the reduced ETOPS rating. Central Russian isn't know for a high airport density. JP-US seems to be unaffected as there are airports all over Eastern Russia and Alaska.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.