Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

You Know You’re a Frequent Flyer When.....

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2018, 2:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver

As the Flight deck gave the ‘10 minutes to landing’ warning this afternoon, I reacted by putting my table up before the cabin crew asked everyone in the subsequent announcement. This was a bit of a Pavlovian response - I’m not convinced that I consciously made the decision.
What other habits or mannerisms are out there that Frequent Flyers have developed?
Old Apr 26, 2018, 2:35 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire, Easyjet Flight Club
When you visit the check-in desk / gate at JER and the staff know your name and travel pattern “See you next Friday Mr MmogDan”
Row9 likes this.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 2:53 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

The CCR/GGL Gang on here, otherwise known as "an importance of GGL's" accept/acknowledge/quote me into their conversations on Flyertalk.........
dylanks, rapidex, 'andad and 7 others like this.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 2:54 pm

Programs: GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by PETER01

The CCR/GGL Gang on here, otherwise known as "an importance of GGL's" accept/acknowledge/quote me into their conversations on Flyertalk.........
#quoted
PETER01, Sealink, 'andad and 1 others like this.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 2:55 pm

Programs: BAEC - Gold
Just watched a play at school. There was a picture on the big screen of a “generic airport scene” at one point - you know when... you can not only recognise the terminal, but also specifically where the photo was taken from within the terminal and the rough date too (T5, in about 2010, taken from what is now the CCR terrace, no idea what it would have been then).
In peak bike racing season (now) I sometimes forget where we are flying to that particular weekend. That’s a bit awkward.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 2:55 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
when you can tell by the view of Twickenham if you will be landing on the north or the south runway
Old Apr 26, 2018, 3:00 pm

Programs: Mucci Chevalier des Internautes Amables; BAEC
When travelling Y in ET, blocked middle seat, you “magically” pull up a cocktail-table for the empty seat, to the surprise and delight of your row-buddy.

Not looking forward to the NEOs.
dylanks and gnomeza like this.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 3:01 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
Originally Posted by Row9
As the Flight deck gave the ‘10 minutes to landing’ warning this afternoon, I reacted by putting my table up before the cabin crew asked everyone in the subsequent announcement. This was a bit of a Pavlovian response - I’m not convinced that I consciously made the decision.
What other habits or mannerisms are out there that Frequent Flyers have developed?
when you put away the table 30 secs before the captain comes on and says "cabin crew, 10 minutes to landing" ;-)
dylanks, golfmad, tedcruz and 2 others like this.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 3:01 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
Originally Posted by PETER01

who is this? hug.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 3:03 pm

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
When you go to the toilet just before the "last chance" announcement creates a rush.
David_Doyle, Gerbs, Honie and 3 others like this.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 3:04 pm

Programs: Some
When you know the words to the manual safety demonstration better than the crew member reading it from the script!
Geordie405 and kosy91 like this.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by chris1979
who is this? hug.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 3:10 pm

Being allowed to drink a coffee from the hallowed famous Black Mug............................. (even though technically speaking I didn't have his permission )

Who Moved My Mug?
crazyarmadillo, squawk and tedcruz like this.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 3:14 pm

Originally Posted by chris1979
when you put away the table 30 secs before the captain comes on and says "cabin crew, 10 minutes to landing" ;-)
Done exactly that on my last LHR-EDI flight.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 3:15 pm

Programs: BA GGL, LH FTL
You lot are such beginners.... You need to time going to the loo, so that you are out of your seat between the "cabin crew that is..." and the bing of the seat belt sign coming on.

Every second helps!
teledude likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.