FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   LGW-JFK Cancelled again..... (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1904214-lgw-jfk-cancelled-again.html)

simons1 Apr 17, 2018 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK (Post 29649955)
It wouldn't be a 'fob off' - an airline is not responsible for such delays and therefore EC261 compensation is not due.

Surely it would depend on the precise circumstances.

Scenario 1 - aircraft ready for ontime departure, regular taxi and arrives on time.

Scenario 2 - aircraft delayed on stand, missed slot, had to taxi out via remote hold whilst a new slot is secured.

I would have said scenario 2 gives the basis of an argument, the consequences of missing a slot are known and part and parcel of aviation.

brithk Apr 18, 2018 2:47 pm

Again today

Originally Posted by brithk (Post 29646266)
:mad:

Cancelled in the lounge, an hour before take off. Tech.

it’s cancelled again today !!! Anyone know why 18/4

pauldb Apr 18, 2018 3:36 pm

We were meant to be on the inbound JFK-LGW on the 16th. Fortunately we got 10hrs notice and were able to select BA172 to LHR an hour earlier.

Our outbound had been LGW-MCO so I hastily booked JFK-LGW and then immediately regretted it (older planes, LGW further from home and we wouldn’t be taking our car). So ironically the cancellationwas actually a welcome improvement for us.

Not only that - we got G-VIIO on the MCO leg so didn’t have to suffer an end-of-life cabin either way.

Fraser Apr 18, 2018 3:41 pm

Originally Posted by etiene (Post 29649802)
Luckily got out without the traffic on Friday, but out of curiousity: would a 90-min taxi count as extraordinary circumstances for EU261 (assuming a missed connection makes the final delay >4hrs)?

This is very normal for JFK in the early evening when the European flights start to leave. I use JFK a decent amount and AA definitely pad their schedules well to account for it, BA slightly less so, IMO.

A couple of years ago I flew B6 on a Friday evening and we taxied for 2.5hrs...I often fly JFK-CLT on AA and flights are often scheduled for 3hrs+ when it's not much more than half that in the air.

Scillybear Apr 18, 2018 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by brithk (Post 29652091)
I thought BA did an OK job most seemed to be booked on the 1950 LHR - Though some were put on the 8am the following day.
Just frustrating that this is an oft cancelled service - the guys at LGW admitted that its often the one to get cancelled if there are other fleet issues earlier in the day ( I guess the Caribbean)

Agreed.

I talked to a few fellow PAX and most people thought BA did a good job.

The fact that the 183 (1950) must have been reasonably lightly loaded to start with must have helped.

I was seated on the UD and there were at least 5 or 6 Gatwick "refugees" up there too...

Tiger_lily Apr 18, 2018 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by brithk (Post 29657216)

it’s cancelled again today !!! Anyone know why 18/4

From EF

Comments:
DOBA2273/18APR
* OPERATIONAL FLIGHT INFO * BA2273 0 WE 18APR18
CITY INFO HOUR (LOCAL)

FLIGHT CANCELLED 1533
TECH
*1A PLANNED FLIGHT INFO* BA2273 0 WE 18APR18
APT ARR DY DEP DY CLASS/MEAL EQP GRND EFT TTL
LGW 1635 WE JCDRIWETYBH/M 777 8:00
KMLVSNQOG/M
JFK 1935 WE 8:00
COMMENTS-
1.LGW JFK - MEMBER OF ONEWORLD
2.LGW JFK - DEPARTS TERMINAL S
3.LGW JFK - ARRIVES TERMINAL 7
KMLVSNQOG/M
4.LGW JFK - 9/ NON-SMOKING
5.LGW JFK - SECURED FLIGHT
6.LGW JFK - ET/ ELECTRONIC TKT CANDIDATE
7.LGW JFK - DEPARTS GATWICK SOUTH TERMINAL FROM 11JAN17
8.LGW JFK - CO2/PAX* 291.40 KG ECO, 582.80 KG PRE
(*):SOURCE:ICAO CARBON EMISSIONS CALCULATOR
CONFIGURATION-
777 J 40 W 24 M 216
>

etiene Apr 19, 2018 1:34 am

Originally Posted by Fraser (Post 29657422)
This is very normal for JFK in the early evening when the European flights start to leave. I use JFK a decent amount and AA definitely pad their schedules well to account for it, BA slightly less so, IMO.

A couple of years ago I flew B6 on a Friday evening and we taxied for 2.5hrs...I often fly JFK-CLT on AA and flights are often scheduled for 3hrs+ when it's not much more than half that in the air.

I was on AY - very much not a padded schedule (at least with light tailwinds) and we were perilously close to missing an admittedly tight connection with just a fairly average T+30 takeoff.