Wiki Posts
Search

BA INCEU60 AMS BKK checked baggage queries

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2018, 3:22 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by Phil the Flyer
For what it’s worth advice on the CX forum suggests that passengers on CX712 SIN BKK HKG remain on board the aircraft during the one hour stopover in BKK.
I've flown the CX712 quite a few times to BKK over the last 3-4 years. I have heard announcements that all passengers (and their belongings) are to disembark (sometimes there is a change of crew) and there is an agent waiting at the end of the jetty for those passengers who are to continue to HKG. I don't recall if this happens on all flights. Even so there is no doubt you will be able to make the continuation of the flight, provided BA (or CX at SIN) will through-check your checked luggage.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 4:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
I've flown the CX712 quite a few times to BKK over the last 3-4 years. I have heard announcements that all passengers (and their belongings) are to disembark (sometimes there is a change of crew) and there is an agent waiting at the end of the jetty for those passengers who are to continue to HKG. I don't recall if this happens on all flights. Even so there is no doubt you will be able to make the continuation of the flight, provided BA (or CX at SIN) will through-check your checked luggage.
Tobias-UK - thank you for your comments, however (as I alluded to in post 15 above) the thread below appears to suggest CX712 SIN HKG passengers remain on board the aircraft at BKK.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cath...n-bkk-hkg.html
Old Apr 10, 2018, 4:27 am

re
Tobias-UK - thank you for your comments, however (as I alluded to in post 15 above) the thread below appears to suggest CX712 SIN HKG passengers remain on board the aircraft at BKK.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cath...n-bkk-hkg.html
Yes, but it was only two weeks ago when I last heard the announcement that everyone needs to disembark with their luggage. As I said, it doesn't happen every time, perhaps only when there is a change of crew. I am regularly in SIN and often hop across to Bangkok to visit family, I must have flown probably about a dozen of these flights in the last 12 months, but I have heard the announcement at least twice in that last 12 months, the last being just a couple of weeks ago.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 4:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
Tobias-UK - thank you. Your experience is obviously far more recent.

Actually, as I am currently between jobs - as a consequence, all the flying my family and I currently undertake is self-paid leisure travel - the potential additional 40TPs to be earned by breaking the journey in BKK might be more significant than would ordinarily be the case to ensure BAEC Gold re-qualification.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 5:11 am

Tobias-UK - thank you. Your experience is obviously far more recent.

Actually, as I am currently ‘between jobs’ - as a consequence, all the flying my family and I currently undertake is self-paid leisure travel - the potential additional 40TPs to be earned by breaking the journey in BKK might be more significant than would ordinarily be the case to ensure BAEC Gold re-qualification.
... and I can think of worse places than Bangkok to spend a night or two - and it's a hell of a lot cheaper than Hong Kong ^
Old Apr 10, 2018, 5:27 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
... and I can think of worse places than Bangkok to spend a night or two
BAEC forum Ambassadors speak in unison. c-w-s (post 27) stated - There are worse places to spend a day.

I could post my own Bangkok experiences from my days as a single man, but that would probably get me into trouble.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 5:41 am

BAEC forum Ambassadors speak in unison. c-w-s (post 27) stated - There are worse places to spend a day.
Great minds and all that ^

... I could post my own Bangkok experiences from my days as a single man, but that would probably get me into trouble.
Probably best, and it's probably not changed much in that regard since your early days
Old Apr 21, 2018, 4:29 am

Just wondering if anyone has actually managed to get this ticketed?

I changed a booking to include the CX SIN-BKK-HKG flight, as two separate legs with a 1 hour stop. Agent was happy to do it and said the 1 hour is no problem as it's the same aircraft, and made the new reservation for me. But I don't have a ticket number now...

This might be a standard queue delay in BA ticketing - but I'm just wondering if it's fallen over because this might be a connection that falls foul of MCT? Has anyone else managed?
Old Apr 21, 2018, 9:58 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

I could post my own Bangkok experiences from my days as a single man, but that would probably get me into trouble.
I sometimes wish I'd never got married... Not because of Bangkok, but because I think I'd be spending most of my time doing these sort of itineraries and getting GGL status each year

That said, I'm currently in Dubai about to watch Spurs get thrashed, while the missus is in York.
Old Apr 21, 2018, 2:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Virazuno
Just wondering if anyone has actually managed to get this ticketed?

I changed a booking to include the CX SIN-BKK-HKG flight, as two separate legs with a 1 hour stop. Agent was happy to do it and said the 1 hour is no problem as it's the same aircraft, and made the new reservation for me. But I don't have a ticket number now...

This might be a standard queue delay in BA ticketing - but I'm just wondering if it's fallen over because this might be a connection that falls foul of MCT? Has anyone else managed?
I would be surprised if it got ticketed since it is not a valid connection according to information from Expert Flyer - there is no provision that I can see in CX-CX MCT at BKK for an exception for that flight
Old Apr 21, 2018, 2:48 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
I would be surprised if it got ticketed since it is not a valid connection according to information from Expert Flyer - there is no provision that I can see in CX-CX MCT at BKK for an exception for that flight
Based on that reasoning it would be impossible to ever book the CX712 through flight SIN-BKK-HKG. This is clearly not the case as others have noted on the thread.

Therefore one assumes this is not treated as a connection and not subject to MCT limits, and instead treated as one flight with a stop in BKK. I note CX offers CX712 as a option for SIN-HKG on their own website.
Old Apr 21, 2018, 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by KARFA
Based on that reasoning it would be impossible to ever book the CX712 through flight SIN-BKK-HKG. This is clearly not the case as others have noted on the thread.

Therefore one assumes this is not treated as a connection and not subject to MCT limits, and instead treated as one flight with a stop in BKK. I note CX offers CX712 as a option for SIN-HKG on their own website.
No it wouldn't. If booked as SIN-HKG there is no connection to consider in BKK , it is a single ticketed segment and so MCT for BKK is not relevant

It would indeed offer SIN-HKG as a single ticketed sector , but does it offer SIN-BKK and then BKK-HKG as 2 sectors on its website?
Old Apr 21, 2018, 3:15 pm

No it wouldn't. If booked as SIN-HKG there is no connection to consider in BKK , it is a single ticketed segment and so MCT for BKK is not relevant
You are missing the point. It is not treated as a connection just as many other flights around the world which have a stop along route where time on the ground may be less than MCT. You are not connecting from one flight to another.

The fact BKK is your nominal destination is completely irrelevant. It is one flight. You are not booking it as two sectors.
Old Apr 21, 2018, 3:16 pm

Originally Posted by KARFA
You are missing the point. It is not treated as a connection just as many other flights around the world which have a stop along route where time on the ground may be less than MCT. You are not connecting from one flight to another.

The fact BKK is your nominal destination is completely irrelevant.
No - you are missing the point. Once you book it as 2 separate sectors it does become a connection and needs to comply with MCT rules
If booked as a single sector then there is no issue at all

In many cases it would not be an issue since the stop will exceed the MCT requirements
Old Apr 21, 2018, 3:18 pm

Once you book it as 2 separate sectors it does become a connection and needs to comply with MCT rules
If booked as a single sector then there is no issue at all

In many cases it would not be an issue since the stop will exceed the MCT requirements
You are not booking it as two sectors.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.