Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

"We did our best with the limited resources we had"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"We did our best with the limited resources we had"

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2018, 11:09 am

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Originally Posted by HIDDY
How about cutting the size of the F cabin and improving the quality of the product, in the hope that enough people will be attracted to it despite higher fares?
First casualty of reducing F capacity will be reduction in FA staffing the cabin...... The PLAN has to be a single person making sure all the requisite factors ( training, supplies, attitudes, hard product, cleanliness, attention to details, speed and quality in dealing with negative feedback etc...of course the said person needs the authority to take swift action ( e g , buy "missing " liquor from SIN / SYD Duty Free shops).
hugolover likes this.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 11:13 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by binman
I simply dread seeing the hats. Most obvious sign of a poor experience ahead.....no pun intended.
How wrong you are. World Wide Crew wear hats when operating on the A380 and the B787.
flygirl68 likes this.
Old Apr 12, 2018, 10:32 am

Programs: Nothing shiny :-(
Originally Posted by Msclelovr
As a long-term loyal customer of BA, I find these reports depressing but not unbelievable.

I travel often in F and sometimes in J but I always take my own food with me. It's the only way to ensure I have something decent to eat.
I'm intrigued. Why are you a long-term loyal customer if that's your experience of the food? In economy I could understand it, but if I found the food inedible on a regular basis in J and more particularly in F, I certainly would not be a loyal customer - in fact I wouldn't be a customer at all if there was a reasonable alternative.
hugolover and HMPS like this.
Old Apr 12, 2018, 10:42 am

Originally Posted by louie-m
I'm intrigued. Why are you a long-term loyal customer if that's your experience of the food? In economy I could understand it, but if I found the food inedible on a regular basis in J and more particularly in F, I certainly would not be a loyal customer - in fact I wouldn't be a customer at all if there was a reasonable alternative.
You assume everyone has a choice. Many people who travel are at the behest of corporate travel policies which give little option.
hugolover likes this.
Old Apr 12, 2018, 11:37 am

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK

How wrong you are. World Wide Crew wear hats when operating on the A380 and the B787.

Yes, indeed we do.
Old Apr 12, 2018, 12:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by louie-m
There are tons of reasons one would regularly fly an airline whose onboard product they aren't satisfied with. Corporate travel policy is one, as mentioned above. Lower fares might be another. Living in London and wanting to take advantage of the BAEC combined with all the nonstop flights is yet another.

Or, maybe there are positive aspects of the product that make up for the negative. For example, although I believe that the Club World product is overall sub-par, it's hard to deny it's much better than some of the competition in terms of privacy. Since privacy is very important to me, I often pick CW over competing products that I think are better in most other ways. That doesn't mean I'm not allowed to point out those ways in which CW is a laggard.
Old Apr 12, 2018, 1:56 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by HIDDY
How about cutting the size of the F cabin and improving the quality of the product, in the hope that enough people will be attracted to it despite higher fares?
That's what AF have done I believe... to great acclaim. BA should maybe follow suit, and bring the J experience up to what F is now.
Old Apr 12, 2018, 8:10 pm

Programs: Nothing shiny :-(
Originally Posted by Kumulani
There are tons of reasons one would regularly fly an airline whose onboard product they aren't satisfied with. Corporate travel policy is one, as mentioned above. Lower fares might be another. Living in London and wanting to take advantage of the BAEC combined with all the nonstop flights is yet another.
I did say "... if there was a reasonable alternative". Perhaps Msclelovr (and you) and I have different definitions of loyal though. To me, the very use of the word loyal implies a choice. If you use an airline because you have to (eg corporate policies) or because it suits YOU better than the alternatives, that's simply a rational decision; you might be a regular or frequent user, but that in itself doesn't make you loyal. The first definition of loyal I googled was "faithful to any thing conceived to be deserving of fidelity". Personally, I would not consider an airline that chose to make their food offerings in J and F inedible (by Msclelovr's standards) deserving of fidelity.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.