Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Who drank all the champagne ? [No LPGS in the CCR !!]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Who drank all the champagne ? [No LPGS in the CCR !!]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2018, 11:10 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Gc812
Sorry to bring bad news but none at lhr as of 6.30pm
And indeed on the tragic thread I have to somehow summon the strength to welcome you to Flyertalk Gc812 and also to the BA Forum. It's good to see you here and I hope you recover quickly. Welcome on board.

I'm afraid that the LPGS crisis continues, as of Good Friday morning it's Henriot in CCR. There were some supplies that got through yesterday but it was insufficient for the demand. Hopefully further stocks will arrive before too long.

There's always coffee.
Old Mar 29, 2018, 11:23 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Does anybody know the reason for the lack of stock? Most distressing when I have two long days planned in there this weekend.
Old Mar 29, 2018, 11:25 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by madfish
Does anybody know the reason for the lack of stock? Most distressing when I have two long days planned in there this weekend.
they knew you were coming haha
Old Mar 29, 2018, 11:29 pm

Programs: BA Silver, ZSL Silver
Originally Posted by Fitch
The point about Conviviality is a good one, all joking aside - I wonder if there's a connect there ?
Conviviality (well the Bibendum arm) supplies the wines for BA First. So far as I know it's just F, so CW would not be affected by any problems.
Old Mar 29, 2018, 11:37 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by madfish
I assumed they were stuck in bulk Security, so the area on the south side of T5 where all food and drink is brought through, but I checked and there are no queues there - usually a Monday morning problem anyway. And there are no backlogs between Security and CCR at the moment, so they aren't stuck on a pallet somewhere. So that suggests to me that the distributors can't get supplies to Heathrow for some reason. This does happen from time to time, CCR runs out of bottled water once in a blue moon.
Old Mar 30, 2018, 1:26 am

Programs: SPG-Plat, Hilton-Diamond, Club Carlson-Silver, Cathay-Diamond, Virgin-Gold
Here now and after a 35-40 mins to clear First Wing no LPGC, seems BA has decided to make its ground experience distinctly business class as well these days.
Old Mar 30, 2018, 1:52 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
Originally Posted by teledude
LPGS is back..... Glasses swapped
Just as I arrived too - I am sure they saw me and knew how important I was to BA and got it sorted

​​​​​​​aks120
Gastrocnemius likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2018, 2:05 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by UKTraveller4Fun
Here now and after a 35-40 mins to clear First Wing no LPGC, seems BA has decided to make its ground experience distinctly business class as well these days.
That’s an awful long time, what was the delay?
Old Mar 30, 2018, 2:15 am

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK

Volume of people?

https://twitter.com/FLYSpeedbird1/status/979619061591085057?s=20
Old Mar 30, 2018, 2:49 am

Programs: SPG-Plat, Hilton-Diamond, Club Carlson-Silver, Cathay-Diamond, Virgin-Gold
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK

Number of people and not all desks open. The security itself was pretty quick, checking 1 bag took the time! Obviously a lot of golds using the checkin but can't use security due to to many family members.

Usual BA way works fine when not busy simply can't cope when it is anything like busy.

Don't even get me started on CCR, wasn't that busy but service was a joke!
Old Mar 30, 2018, 2:57 am

Programs: BA GGL
Well, I can vouch for Tobias-UK's comment about the lack of LPGS on BA12 this week. Most annoying! Back in the CCR later today, but now trying to do a month off booze, so will be quite happy if temptation is removed!
aks120 likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2018, 3:21 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL (OWE), SA LifePlat (*G), BD Gold to the end, Hilton Diamond
With comments in other threads about the perils of allowing extra guests in the lounges over the holidays, we can probably blame the lack of LPGS on the extra children in the lounge
Maybe that's why they're all running around like wild things!
Old Mar 30, 2018, 3:23 am

The CCR is rammed today. Queues for tables in the dining area. The terrace only has one or two empty seats. Still no LPGS. Anything but a premium ground experience.
Jonobigblind likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2018, 3:26 am

Programs: BA GGL
I'm sure young Hugolover will be rubbing his hands together with glee
Old Mar 30, 2018, 3:33 am

Programs: BA, VS,
Perhaps BA have removed the LPGS to save money as they are allowing extra guests?
florens likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.