Wiki Posts
Search

BA 777-200 Club World Seating

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2018, 9:13 am
Original Poster

BA 777-200 Club World Seating

Hello Everyone,
I am afraid I am a novice and only travel for holidays. I am about to fly to Orlando and return from Tampa in Club World both on 777-200's which are the 40 seat type so not refurbished (I think those will have 48 seats?)
I am not bothered about booking seats on the outward bound flight but I do want to book seats on the flight from Tampa, as it's an overnight flight. Initially I booked seats 2J and K but I noticed 4AB and JK are now available and I seem to recall seeing posts saying they were good seats to book especially for a couple? The trouble is that the BA seat map to choose from isn't very good but I think someone mentioned these seats mean that in both cases you don't step over anyone else?

Last time we did this flight I managed to get the bassinet centre two seats which were great but they aren't available to book until closer to the time and I am keen to have booked at least 2 seats together.

Any opinions of the seats in row 4 or the ones I have already booked in row 2?
Thanks in advance
Old Mar 23, 2018, 9:22 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
You can use seatguru to find the exact configuration of your flight as there are a couple of variants. 4A / 4K (some planes 5A/5K) are regarded as best seats because you have the privacy of a window but can access the aisle without stepping over anyone. You are also facing the aisle seat and you don't have to put the divider up if you don't want to.

Generally 3E/F or 4E/F are the bassinet seats and you can only get these by phoning up close to check-in.

Personally as a couple on a return flight we choose seats in the middle together - 1E/1F - very quiet indeed as we generally don't get out overnight and need to disturb others.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 9:29 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
I really wouldn’t bother with seatguru. Simply intended as click bait. I would however recommend thebasource as they have much more accurate seat maps.

The current aircraft have either 40 or 48 J seats. These have not been refurbished. The refurbished aircraft (I think there is only one in service so far) has fewer J seats but a larger WTP and WT cabin.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 9:35 am
Original Poster

We had row 11 bassinet seats last time we came home from Tampa -I was able to move us to those seats at online check in so has that stopped (it was 2 years ago)?

I do get up a lot in the night as I have had a kidney transplant so drink a LOT of water!! - that why I wondered about row 4 as I thought that it had aisle access from both seats - my seat plan on BA is not showing a row 5.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.