Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Meal service on BA flights

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2018, 12:37 pm

Programs: KL/BMI/BA
With the price of a CW or F ticket to JNB then surely to God they can afford to (and should) over cater these cabins to ensure everyone gets their choice of meal.
What would the cost be to load an extra CW main per passenger? I cannot imagine the additional cost is very much compared to the thousands passengers are forking out for seats in premium cabins.
The crew must find this embarrassing.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 12:39 pm
Suspended

Just load much more food! They dont pay much for it. Get a grip of the situation and dont disappoint.
rossmacd and subject2load like this.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 12:44 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M Frequent Flyer
I have to admit that I (Gold) usually get asked about my first choice regardless whether I am in WTP or Club. I had an operational upgrade to Club a while back and was in the last row of Club. I fully expected to be given whatever was left (and would have been ok with that given I paid for WTP), but CC came to ask for my choice, then quietly asked whether I was travelling with the person next to me. I declined and noticed later that he wasn't given any choice, it was a case of 'sorry, we're out of beef, here's the chicken...

Maybe I'm just lucky.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 1:29 am

Programs: BA Gold, Priority Club Gold, Accor Silver, Virgin Australia Gold
Originally Posted by thijsseh
You have now been successfully goaded into the trap that it is the norm that many people don't get their first choice. And you have accepted it!

On EK, whether travelling in J or F, I have NEVER not been given my first choice. As a blue, silver or gold member. I am not suggesting that it wont happen, I am sure that they at times run out of a choice. But either EK have a better algorithm to guess what their passengers might want to eat, or they just over-cater a bit and rather have some wastage than having to sell 'not available' to a significant number of people.

(Looking forward to the barrage of responses from BA apologists....)
I am certainly no BA lover but for balance, the current Mrs Nivsy who does fly Emirates to Australia has twice in 4 sectors while in Business Class not had her first choice of meal and that was even being asked 3rd in line on one of these occasions!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.