Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Why is this 789 at MAD

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2018, 12:05 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
They are still fixing holes in the Dreamliner - managed to get rebooked onto the 19:55 LHR service (A321) which just arrived. Obviously only middle seats in economy are available, but at least I have a seat! I would have been in a bulkhead WTP window seat in the 789... nevermind
Old Mar 15, 2018, 12:08 pm

Programs: BAEC / Hilton Honors / Accor
Originally Posted by Starship73
More interestingly, its actually gone tech, and I'm supposed to be flying on it back to LHR. Looks like they've been repairing some damage to the upper forward fuselage. The engineers are now conducting a comprehensive visual inspection of the entire exterior (wings, tail etc). Lightning strike on the inbound? We are currently delayed by an hour....
Looks like the delay in Madrid has caused a knock on effect for tonight's BA251 to SCL. Currently delayed until 11.30pm at the minute.
Old Mar 15, 2018, 12:14 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
The co-pilot and three of the cabin crew just came into the lounge and explained what happened (lightning strike). They are still expecting to go tonight, eventually! Nice of them to make the effort to talk to passengers. Much appreciated!
Old Mar 16, 2018, 9:02 am

Programs: Some...
Originally Posted by madfish
Because a couple of BA pilots flew it there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.