FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   F Galleries Lounge T5 guest behaviour (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1898921-f-galleries-lounge-t5-guest-behaviour.html)

GlasgowCyclops Mar 21, 2018 11:50 am

Well,,, I'm having fun at the Champagne area next to the food isle in GF lounge. The guy with the black t-shirt's company has made £8.24 turnover from Jan 1st to March. Need to check the logo on his shirt.. Three others are pacing. One on hands free doing deals and two others sorting out their company. :-)

WickedStepMother Mar 21, 2018 11:57 am

Originally Posted by GlasgowCyclops (Post 29551334)
Well,,, I'm having fun at the Champagne area next to the food isle in GF lounge. The guy with the black t-shirt's company has made £8.24 turnover from Jan 1st to March. Need to check the logo on his shirt.. Three others are pacing. One on hands free doing deals and two others sorting out their company. :-)

£8.24 turnover? Sell the shares!

Mackle Mar 21, 2018 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by GlasgowCyclops (Post 29551334)

I can never seem to escape those people, and they always seem worse at T5.

Originally Posted by WickedStepMother (Post 29551354)

£8.24 turnover? Sell the shares!

LOL!!

Calum Mar 21, 2018 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by Mackle (Post 29551404)
I can never seem to escape those people, and they always seem worse at T5.

I'm not saying it's T5 exclusive but you hear these sorta stories a lot more in T5 than other first lounges in high vol airports

BOH Mar 22, 2018 3:54 am

How topical - Tuesday this week I flew from SOU to AMS and in the main departure area was a classic, "walker up-and-down" look-at-me-I'm-on-the-phone bloke, negotiating a deal at high volume whilst using one of those ridiculous combined earphone / microphone combo things :rolleyes:

So he leaves his 2 hugely oversized cabin bags on a seat whilst he paces up and down about 20 metres in each direction whilst loudly negotiating. Then he switched calls to "Samantha" (probably his PA) to brag about the deal, how he was "in the airport as we speak" and only had 10 minutes to close the deal before his flight. The random bloke sitting next to me got so pi$$ed off with this oik he decided to go and report there were 2 unattended bags in the departure area, so a SOU member of staff arrived, interrupted his call and told him to remain with his bags. Brilliant and very amusing to see his "deal" negotiation interrupted mid-flow and taken down a peg or two, probably with the person on the other end hearing it all too ^

To my annoyance he was on my flight (a small Dash-8 propeller job) and of course his 2 oversized hand-bags would not fit in the lockers. I was last to board and I was seated in 1A (thanks Flybe - I was randomly allocated this at PYOBP) and on boarding he was in my seat with his bags on the seat next to him. "Would you mind swapping" he said, "I have an important meeting in Amsterdam to get to so need to be first off the plane". Of course I refused, am not going to give up a coveted front row seat, certainly not for someone like him!! So off he scuttled to something like row 17....but not before the final indignity of watching him argue with the cabin crew for taking BOTH his ridiculously sized bags off him and checking them into the hold ^^

For some reason I felt strangely satisfied at this huge comeuppance :D

Fitch Mar 22, 2018 3:59 am

Originally Posted by BOH (Post 29553530)
How topical - Tuesday this week I flew from SOU to AMS and in the main departure area was a classic, "walker up-and-down" look-at-me-I'm-on-the-phone bloke, negotiating a deal at high volume whilst using one of those ridiculous combined earphone / microphone combo things :rolleyes:

So he leaves his 2 hugely oversized cabin bags on a seat whilst he paces up and down about 20 metres in each direction whilst loudly negotiating. Then he switched calls to "Samantha" (probably his PA) to brag about the deal, how he was "in the airport as we speak" and only had 10 minutes to close the deal before his flight. The random bloke sitting next to me got so pi$$ed off with this oik he decided to go and report there were 2 unattended bags in the departure area, so a SOU member of staff arrived, interrupted his call and told him to remain with his bags. Brilliant and very amusing to see his "deal" negotiation interrupted mid-flow and taken down a peg or two, probably with the person on the other end hearing it all too ^

To my annoyance he was on my flight (a small Dash-8 propeller job) and of course his 2 oversized hand-bags would not fit in the lockers. I was last to board and I was seated in 1A (thanks Flybe - I was randomly allocated this at PYOBP) and on boarding he was in my seat with his bags on the seat next to him. "Would you mind swapping" he said, "I have an important meeting in Amsterdam to get to so need to be first off the plane". Of course I refused, am not going to give up a coveted front row seat, certainly not for someone like him!! So off he scuttled to something like row 17....but not before the final indignity of watching him argue with the cabin crew for taking BOTH his ridiculously sized bags off him and checking them into the hold ^^

Karma rules :D

BOH Mar 22, 2018 4:31 am

Originally Posted by Fitch (Post 29553539)
Karma rules :D

Oh yes :D :D

subject2load Mar 22, 2018 4:37 am

The ‘some reason’ is a very, very, good reason ; and there is nothing remotely strange about your sense of satisfaction.

Rest assured, you have many allies who will have enjoyed a similar sense of (vicarious) satisfaction on reading your account.

Vinotraveller Mar 22, 2018 4:58 am

It is the loud walkers up and down with the stupid headset devices that are the most irritating in lounges, normally they will also have spread out their belongings to hog three of four seats that they are not using too. I never fail to wonder why they are so happy to broadcast often confidential business information to their fellow passengers. Back in the days of analogue mobile phones it was easy to listen to the other side of the conversation using a frequency counter attached to a scanner, something that was often highly entertaining, although of course illegal!

bisonrav Mar 22, 2018 6:58 am

On the other hand, I'm sitting in the Oslo lounge right now listening to an extremely good US senior manager coaching a subordinate. It's a lesson in how to guide rather than direct, he's talking quietly, and I'm genuinely enjoying listening to it.

frank_poulankh Mar 22, 2018 7:11 am

so a SOU member of staff arrived, interrupted his call and told him to remain with his bags.

I saw the same thing last week near the BA check-in at ORY, the only difference being that a machine gun-toting French solider did the interrupting. The deal maker's face was a picture.

libertyuk Mar 22, 2018 7:59 am

Originally Posted by Vinotraveller (Post 29553647)
It is the loud walkers up and down with the stupid headset devices that are the most irritating in lounges, normally they will also have spread out their belongings to hog three of four seats that they are not using too. I never fail to wonder why they are so happy to broadcast often confidential business information to their fellow passengers. Back in the days of analogue mobile phones it was easy to listen to the other side of the conversation using a frequency counter attached to a scanner, something that was often highly entertaining, although of course illegal!

I'm always amused at the ones gesticulating, pointing and doing other expressive hand movements while walking up and down with a headset - because the person on the other end of the call can really see you.

bisonrav Mar 22, 2018 8:03 am

Got an Italian friend. She is physically incapable of not gesticulating on the phone, it's rather cute.

Pascoe Mar 22, 2018 8:27 am

Originally Posted by Telecasterman (Post 29530942)
Is / or should there be a dedicated “quiet zone”in GF.

Yes - good idea. Iit could be called something like 'the entire lounge'

subject2load Mar 22, 2018 8:37 am

We know that there are certain countries where the attitude towards poor and/or tiresome behaviour is significantly less tolerant than in others.

Sadly, however, I’m not yet aware of any part of the world where
It is illegal to be a prat.