FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   F Galleries Lounge T5 guest behaviour (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1898921-f-galleries-lounge-t5-guest-behaviour.html)

argonath Mar 15, 2018 10:27 am

Originally Posted by stuart_f (Post 29528261)
Last time I was in the lounge one of the loud talking types was discussing with, I presume his marketing department, which website addresses would be needed to launch their new product. After what seemed like hours of listening to this guy bellowing into his headset my colleague had finally had enough and opened his laptop and registered the 3 addresses in question. Sadly we left before hearing the fallout.

I'm sure the clients involving the deals being so openly talked about would not be impressed with this severe lack of client confidentiality...maybe a tactic to use this to shut them up and be more discrete about broadcasting such info...

fotographer Mar 15, 2018 10:35 am

Seen it has the F lounge last week,
One guy by the computers near the windows, on the phone for at least 2 hours, yapping about his work... gave me a look once, okay maybe 3 times, he didnt shut up, so I moved
Second guy watching a movie on this tablet, no headphones and super loud, dont know what happened to him, hopefully he forget his charger and the tablet died..

Its gotten so bad , that now I get in, take a shower, drop off my roller bag and walk about the Terminal, And yes at times, it seems quieter than the lounge

Telecasterman Mar 15, 2018 10:37 am

Originally Posted by argonath (Post 29528329)
I'm sure the clients involving the deals being so openly talked about would not be impressed with this severe lack of client confidentiality...maybe a tactic to use this to shut them up and be more discrete about broadcasting such info...

Indeed, I'm sure the client will have no idea 'their business' as been openly discussed which could potentially have damaging consequences

jms_uk Mar 15, 2018 10:52 am

Originally Posted by Telecasterman (Post 29528056)
Ok so I might be on my high horse, however

They are lamps and sculptures, don't climb on them!

:D

HIDDY Mar 15, 2018 11:07 am

BA could recruit a band of volunteer 'lounge prefects' from amongst its BAEC members.

I wouldn't mind politely asking a loud mouthed Gold to shut up.

Flame3601 Mar 15, 2018 11:22 am

Thank god for this thread so i can give off some steam....

A few trips around Europe recently with family friends and due to certain reasons i have ended up going to J lounge. I saw two people on each of my two trips use the dishing spoon at the self service food buffet section to use it as if it was a communal spoon that you stick in every offering, for god sake keep your baked bean spoon out of my bacon and scrambled egg serving dish, revolting having dripped beaked bean sauce all over my eggs. Oh and also it is bad manner fyi to place an item of food in this case a black pudding disc on your plate then putting it back after releasing it isn't a burger patty, no one wants your second hand HP riddled contaminated black pudding buddy.

Good thing i am so chilled out :rolleyes:

crazyanglaisy Mar 15, 2018 11:54 am

And that's before you get to the 4 or 5 who are always present with their shoes off and bare feet up on the furniture. Ask them to behave in a more civilised manner and they'll typically just wiggle their toes in your general direction with dismissive aplomb.

cjb666 Mar 15, 2018 11:56 am

There is person who uses the champagne bar to stack their dirty dishes

kosy91 Mar 15, 2018 12:02 pm

Originally Posted by Telecasterman (Post 29528120)
went through DOH on way out to OZ and a UK guy was doing FT at the Qatar Business lounge bar with his 'Thai' bird - The QR staff and customers were all saying ... - he was out of it, the OR staff managed to get him to the airport hotel to sleep!

For me they should stop FT in the circs you describe - what many don't realise is that they are capturing other people without permission

WHat is FT? and what is OR?

crazy8534 Mar 15, 2018 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by Calum (Post 29528077)
There's always someone "doing a deal"

Yeah, although I have come to the conclusion that people who do 'deals' on their mobile phone in airline lounges are doing neither very important nor very good deals.

xenole Mar 15, 2018 12:06 pm

Originally Posted by kosy91 (Post 29528720)
WHat is FT? and what is OR?

FT = FaceTime?
QR = Qatar (the airline - QR is their code)

KeaneJohn Mar 15, 2018 12:14 pm

My tried and tested trick, well 2out of 2 is if the walker talker gives out their number to send them a text asking to talk a bit louder as we couldn’t hear it over here.. the look on their face when they get it is priceless. One of the times was on a train and this guy with Bronze luggage tags was going on and on about his multiple trips to the USA.. the one and only time my gold card prominently displayed when moving my bag.

Hengilas Mar 15, 2018 12:21 pm

Originally Posted by stuart_f (Post 29528261)
Last time I was in the lounge one of the loud talking types was discussing with, I presume his marketing department, which website addresses would be needed to launch their new product. After what seemed like hours of listening to this guy bellowing into his headset my colleague had finally had enough and opened his laptop and registered the 3 addresses in question. Sadly we left before hearing the fallout.

My hero

Why can staff not direct people to private rooms or back into the main terminal? Why can staff not tell families to keep it down? Staff can enforce all of this but refuse.

T8191 Mar 15, 2018 12:21 pm

When I encounter this in the future (I have to say it rare IME) I shall do some major financial deals on my phone ... without switching it on, of course, as I don’t want to waste battery life.

“Hello, Dave. Will you switch £0.5m from Cayman account #3 to Swiss #6 asap, please?”

Calum Mar 15, 2018 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by crazy8534 (Post 29528726)
Yeah, although I have come to the conclusion that people who do 'deals' on their mobile phone in airline lounges are doing neither very important nor very good deals.

There's a reason they mostly seem to be in GC....