Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Incident in Glasgow Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2018, 10:17 am

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Originally Posted by PETER01
I fully agree with this. Celebrity, football player or Joe Public, no one deserves to be abused, intimidated or harrased verbally anywhere.

Impose a 1 year ban on the abusers which is well within the scope of the terms of the Executive Club rules, that'll certainly let them reflect on their behaviour.
Why a one year ban, I’d say loss of BAEC status and Avios which IMO is permitted and warranted by the T&C and a longer (or permanent) ban.

Might well I’ll be that the alleged offenders have to explain to their employer why they can no longer fly BA from x to y on that trip. Though depending on the police actions may have ramifications with their job anyway.

Nobody deserves that, nobody.
Saltire74 and lostinlondon like this.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 10:40 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Lowlifes in a BA lounge?

Can't say I'm surprised given how affordable it is to get entry nowadays.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 10:55 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Originally Posted by KeaneJohn

Why a one year ban, I’d say loss of BAEC status and Avios which IMO is permitted and warranted by the T&C and a longer (or permanent) ban.

Might well I’ll be that the alleged offenders have to explain to their employer why they can no longer fly BA from x to y on that trip. Though depending on the police actions may have ramifications with their job anyway.

Nobody deserves that, nobody.
According to this article there is no further police action and the people were removed from the flight and airport, the latter they can do under bye-laws without being actually arrested as such. The player hasn't made any complaint and so I guess it's up to BA what, if any, action they decide to take or perhaps they possibly already have.

Police have said no action will be taken after Celtic star Scott Sinclair was verbally abused by drunken louts at Glasgow Airport after yesterday's game with Rangers.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 10:57 am

Originally Posted by HIDDY
Lowlifes in a BA lounge?

Can't say I'm surprised given how affordable it is to get entry nowadays.
Because only people from lower socioeconomic backgrounds can be racist jerks? That's choice.
camsean, T8191 and lostinlondon like this.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 11:30 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Why makes people think the culprits were BAEC members?

Maybe they were on a CE ticket?
camsean, maeboyce and mike&co like this.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 11:36 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by DutchessPDX
Because only people from lower socioeconomic backgrounds can be racist jerks? That's choice.
You're quite right. IIRC one of the most known football yobs was a Scottish QC.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 11:38 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Originally Posted by scottishpoet
Why makes people think the culprits were BAEC members?

Maybe they were on a CE ticket?
That's a good and fair point although I suspect they would be more likely than not to be BAEC members than not. I suppose we'll never know!
KeaneJohn likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 2:10 pm

It has to be conceded that heavy drink can turn any barrister, doctor, public servant etc. into a yob, and unfortunately there's a certain base acceptance for that in British and Irish culture.
lostinlondon likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.