Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA A350-1000 training flights meet-ups thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 12, 2018, 6:03 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: george77300
NEW NOVEMBER TRAINING FLIGHTS
26 Nov (Tues) to 29 Nov (Fri) on BA456/457 and BA464/465 (Total 16 Flights)
Ding Ding, The next A350 training flight with FTers in NOV. will be:
26 Nov:
457: george77300
———————————————————————————————————
The Oct. A350 familiarisation/training flights dates to MAD (Madrid, Spain) from London Heathrow (LHR) are below; The Aug. training flights are now complete and the calendar for dates the A350 flew in Aug. is in the First post below as an archive.

Oct. 2019 A350 Schedule: (first published 20/08/2019) AT RISK OF CANCELLATION! BOOK WITH AVIOS ONLY AT THIS STAGE IF YOU ARE ONLY FLYING TO TRY OUT THE A350.

Ding Ding, The next A350 training flight with FTers in Oct. will be:

2 Oct:

465: courtster, george77300

5 Oct.
456: plunet +1, Thomas PL +1
464: MrMutton, WoodleyBeacon
465: MrMutton, WoodleyBeacon

6 Oct:

464: Pack
465: Pack, plunet +1

7 Oct:

457: davm666

NO A350 TRAINING FLIGHTS AFTER OCTOBER 7TH. (7TH IS THE LAST DAY!)

If you wish to join in, please post your name directly into the wiki or in the thread and someone will add you. Format for new days or flights:

There is quite a bit of information in post 1 where a FAQ has been written to answer most questions you may have, please read that first! If you notice something missing or an error, please post and this will be added or corrected.

Updated to Post #1394
Print Wikipost

BA A350-1000 training flights meet-ups thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2019, 2:25 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Folks, this is a polite reminder of the rules governing what we can post and guidance on what to include when sharing information obtained from other websites and blogs
FlyerTalk is here for the purpose of sharing meaningful information. Don't simply post a link by itself to another source, such as an article or blog. Posts containing such links should contain enough information so as to be contributive to FlyerTalk itself.

If linking to your own blog, to a blog on behalf of someone, or to a blog of which you are a periodic or regular contributor, you must identify that fact in your post and you must include enough content for the FlyerTalk post to stand on its own without following the link. Do not post repeatedly in a manner that has the effect or purpose of driving traffic to a blog or website.
https://www.flyertalk.com/help/rules.php

Thanks for your cooperation

Prospero
Moderator: BA forum
KARFA and ELLX like this.
Old Jul 18, 2019, 2:25 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by martin102
Certainly on another website it seems clear that the current thinking isn’t correct. Not sure if I am allowed to say where but this was a comment posted

The A350 schedule on Flyertalk is partially wrong, it does not match the latest internal schedule, very few have access to it, hopefully none stupid enough to publish it. Big change coming.
The other website is headforpoints and Rob’s comment is interesting.
BotB likes this.
Old Jul 18, 2019, 2:27 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Originally Posted by BotB
Thanks for the comments everyone, does seem to confirm the situation that BA is reacting to the VS intro of their own A350 and for marketing it would not do I guess to have a month delay compared to a competitor on a long haul route. I'll work on the calendars and get them out asap.

Cheers
Rest assured that any changes have nothing to do with reacting to VS. It's been well known that the VS A350 was coming and our plans were made based on our operational requirements.
KeaneJohn, JFX1764, ELLX and 2 others like this.
Old Jul 18, 2019, 4:10 pm

Programs: BAEC | qantas | IHG | Hilton Honors | Priority Pass | Nandos
Originally Posted by SpeedbirdLHR
Rest assured that any changes have nothing to do with reacting to VS. It's been well known that the VS A350 was coming and our plans were made based on our operational requirements.
I wonder then if it's just a coincidence that the first customer acceptance flight of G-XWBA took place earlier today? @:-)
Old Jul 18, 2019, 5:32 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold / Oneworld Emerald
So with todays news, I've booked myself a new trip to Madrid:

7 Aug BA 464,
8 Aug BA 461 777.

I'll keep be keeping my September dates as my travel companion has never flown a 777 and we're shown in FLUB at the moment so it'll be a good trip for him.
Old Jul 18, 2019, 5:41 pm
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad VIP, Marriott G
Wow, where to start...

Best if I simply say the calendar is updated, the wiki and post 1 FAQ equally so. Wiki flights updated to this post.

I should state that if anyone has any further information, corrections or amendments please do post and I'll update the calendar/FAQ as appropriate (and either I or someone else will change any wiki errors pointed out).

I will add I'm sorry for any issues the latest news on the Sept. change has on people that have booked speculatively in Sept. (this was always going to be a risky adventure and I hope you'll realise that I have posted the calendars and information in this thread with warnings and the best intentions, available information and no ulterior motives. Indeed, the fun is not over by a long shot, the dates could only be in Sept. (BA could decide to simply do the training on the DXB run if they need until Sept. to get everything in order!) or the proposed flights could be wrong and other rotations used...so as mentioned, caveat emptor until BA do finally lay their cards on the table...Likely not until the 4th Aug. or later...

1 week to go until the press event on the 26th...
Just over 2 weeks to go until the press flight to MAD (The one guaranteed flight of the A350 to MAD currently) and we start seeing if the seat maps change to A350 seat maps from the 4th for the flights on the 6th onwards...

Care to join in the MADness?

Safe travels everyone.

Last edited by BotB; Jul 18, 2019 at 5:53 pm
Old Jul 19, 2019, 9:11 am

Programs: BAEC Gold Guest List, Hilton Honours Diamond, Accor Gold
Russian roulette booking my other half on the 456 in late August on his 30th... lolz
BotB likes this.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 10:50 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
I'm in, 10.8.19. Wiki updated.
BotB and mikeyfly like this.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 11:05 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

I'm sure others have noted this already but one thing that is interesting is that the DXB A350 flights are having the same 'no A350' dates as the original training flights were to MAD...(7th / 8th Sept). so this further reinforces my belief that the current schedule is correct for dates and flight numbers to MAD but also means that DXB use is simply to get a jump on VS by a few days long haul (8 days earlier than the VS launch), while continuing some training and increasing revenue for BA (compared to just using it on the MAD route as CE pricing won't be as high as DXB is in CW). The schedule allows the extra breaks during the trips to deal with any issues (both at DXB and at LHR) and changes similar to what MAD would have allowed and as BA is now going to have the 777 converted with the new CW Suite for New York they also can fly that in Oct. to have 3 routes serviced by the A350 (DXB, YYZ and JFK).

Guess what I am saying is that the Sept. training is on the DXB route, and that this still follows the general schedule laid out before, just that Aug. is MAD, Sept. is DXB. This allows them to get more money in Sept., get the jump on VS and achieve the same goals. It also makes me personally feel better about the schedule we've provisionally been provided being correct (in terms of days they will fly to MAD and which flights on each day).

I may be just talking myself into it but the 7/8th rest days do help to strengthen the theory...

Safe travels...
Old Jul 19, 2019, 11:30 am

BA operated their first 777-200s on the 45 minute CDG in the mid 90s so if they want crews quickly familiarised to gain a competitive edge over the VS launch, I can see them switching the 350 to short EU or domestics in August.
Skipcool3 likes this.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 11:36 am
Suspended

Don’t forget, if you are in a hole, stop excavating.
This is just guesswork.
KeaneJohn, BotB, msm2000uk and 2 others like this.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 5:13 pm

Programs: HGP Globalist, SPG P100, Hilton Dia

My BA106 on Sep 10 finally shows the A350 seat map!
davm666 and george77300 like this.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 8:15 pm

I'm looking at doing this, is the press one available
I notice that Selling class for economy and premium is K, does that mean same fare price? i'm coming from a long haul flight first in economy if i do it.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 12:46 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SQ9VSWU
I'm looking at doing this, is the press one available
I notice that Selling class for economy and premium is K, does that mean same fare price? i'm coming from a long haul flight first in economy if i do it.
Not quite sure I follow you? The only seats available for sale on the press flight are economy (EuroTraveller). Club Europe is not for sale on this flight as it is reserved for the Press/VIP's. Premium economy is not for sale...as the flight is marketed as a short haul flight.

The fare for the one remaining seat is B and the difference in economy basic and economy plus is not the seat, it is simply the ability to check luggage in and seat selection choice. Please see the screenshots below. If that isn't what you are asking please post again! Thanks. (it is not known if BA will allow/allocate people to the premium economy seats (World Traveller Plus) once check in opens up or on board but it is by no means guaranteed and likely unlikely given the press event on board where I imagine the press will take pictures of the WT+ cabin as well but maybe I am wrong.

Hope this helps, it would be interesting to be on that flight but not for that kind of money in economy (at this stage!) Granted, the pricing was from a one way search but when I check for a cash return fare it seems the B selling class sticks so keeps the pricing high.

Do please let us know if you do decide to book it and your impressions later as you'd be one of the first to fly it!

Safe travels.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 12:54 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by l380
<snip>
My BA106 on Sep 10 finally shows the A350 seat map!
Nice! Good on you ^

Please don't take this wrong but your post will likely get more response on the other A350 thread as it pertains to the general A350 discussions? (and the change to DXB scheduling)...

Enjoy your club suite trip in any case!

Safe travels.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.