Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA A350-1000 training flights meet-ups thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 12, 2018, 6:03 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: george77300
NEW NOVEMBER TRAINING FLIGHTS
26 Nov (Tues) to 29 Nov (Fri) on BA456/457 and BA464/465 (Total 16 Flights)
Ding Ding, The next A350 training flight with FTers in NOV. will be:
26 Nov:
457: george77300
———————————————————————————————————
The Oct. A350 familiarisation/training flights dates to MAD (Madrid, Spain) from London Heathrow (LHR) are below; The Aug. training flights are now complete and the calendar for dates the A350 flew in Aug. is in the First post below as an archive.

Oct. 2019 A350 Schedule: (first published 20/08/2019) AT RISK OF CANCELLATION! BOOK WITH AVIOS ONLY AT THIS STAGE IF YOU ARE ONLY FLYING TO TRY OUT THE A350.

Ding Ding, The next A350 training flight with FTers in Oct. will be:

2 Oct:

465: courtster, george77300

5 Oct.
456: plunet +1, Thomas PL +1
464: MrMutton, WoodleyBeacon
465: MrMutton, WoodleyBeacon

6 Oct:

464: Pack
465: Pack, plunet +1

7 Oct:

457: davm666

NO A350 TRAINING FLIGHTS AFTER OCTOBER 7TH. (7TH IS THE LAST DAY!)

If you wish to join in, please post your name directly into the wiki or in the thread and someone will add you. Format for new days or flights:

There is quite a bit of information in post 1 where a FAQ has been written to answer most questions you may have, please read that first! If you notice something missing or an error, please post and this will be added or corrected.

Updated to Post #1394
Print Wikipost

BA A350-1000 training flights meet-ups thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2019, 2:47 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, UA Premier Platinum
Originally Posted by jwils642
Thanks for confirming appreciate you looking and coming back to me - what is wiki? And how do I view it
I am on both the same flights as you, though travelling back in ET (hopefully a WTP Seat)
Old Jul 8, 2019, 2:58 am

Flying on 9 Aug BA465 (out on the 9 Aug BA460)
BotB likes this.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 4:01 am

Booked:

19/09 06:20 BA456
22/09 10:55 BA457

Fingers crossed. I'm wondering if I should bother selecting seats...
george77300 likes this.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 4:32 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by RG1X
Booked:

I have selected seats. Only if it gets “swapped back” to A319/321. More likely will never swap to A350 so shouldn’t get booted. I’m Silver so for free so no worries. I certainly wouldn’t pay although no doubt that would be carried over to the A350 flight.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 5:10 am
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad VIP, Marriott G
Originally Posted by jwils642
Thanks for confirming appreciate you looking and coming back to me - what is wiki? And how do I view it
Welcome to the forum and this thread in particular, hope you get a flight on the A350 for the date you picked. ^ A great question, thanks for asking it, not everyone is familiar with the forum tools or layout, so hopefully the below screenshots and comments help in addition to what peter h kindly mentioned.

A wikipost is a special tool on this forum that allows you and everyone else to find pertinent information on the thread easily (from anywhere in the thread) and also can be maintained by a larger group of people (so not just the person that posted it originally as is the case with normal forum posts). Some people may not see the wiki post easily as they have this turned off by default or simply haven't noticed it yet. The below posts show what the wikipost looks like (the top/start of it at least) when it is expanded and also when it is 'hidden'. You can find it most easily by going to the first page of a thread and then see it at the top of that thread. (on a mobile it may appear yellow, whereas on a computer I believe it will be white as you see in my screenshots). If all you see is a white bar with the + sign at the right, click on that + sign and you'll have the info show up from that point onwards I believe. Depending on your settings, you may see a wiki at the top of any thread page you look at but it may disappear if you scroll a bit and then look for it...so best to go to page 1 if you want to see it in detail until you get used to the behaviour of your computer/mobile and wikis.

Normal Wikipost expanded:

Wikipost when contracted/hidden:

Please note that not every thread has a wikipost, but you'll also note that threads that do will show this in the general forum subject list with a blue box saying wiki like the image below does for one thread but not the other.

Wiki indication on general forum pages:

Hope this helps and adds to the pleasure of using the forum and the excitement for the upcoming flights. Welcome onboard the A350 thread wiki! ^ (you won't be able to modify or add to a wiki until you meet requirements as set out in the rules, 90 days and 90 posts I believe*) You can always ask someone to add something to a wiki for you though and someone generally will. ^

Originally Posted by victairinternational
Flying on 9 Aug BA465 (out on the 9 Aug BA460)
I like your style...belt and braces approach just in case they do end up using the 777 flights to do the training you've hedged all bets...^

Originally Posted by RG1X
Booked:

Good question! Humorous answer would be: if you are on my flights then definitely no, don't bother selecting seats...if you aren't on my flights, then it may be a good idea! As george77300 mentions it may be good for two reasons; if it is the A350, hopefully they'll map the seat numbers one to one in CE (so those in row 1 or 2 will be pleased) if they do swap to a 'normal' A319/320/321 then at least you'll have the seat you wanted for that flight...as an aside in ET I am not sure what will happen, or if one selects an exit seat...that will be something for the guinea pigs on 6/7/8th Aug. to test and report back!

Great to see others joining in, welcome to the training flights and best wishes regarding being rewarded with a flight on the new A350! ^

Anyone else booked or wish to join in?

4 weeks to go tomorrow is the first flight (scheduled) of the A350...29 days to go...34 FTers flying so far...

Safe travels everyone!
george77300 likes this.

Last edited by BotB; Jul 8, 2019 at 5:24 am Reason: error in days to go...
Old Jul 8, 2019, 2:00 pm

Gotta be worth a few avios. I am in.

28 AUG - BA0464
29 AUG - BA0457
BotB and george77300 like this.
Old Jul 9, 2019, 9:51 am

Programs: BA Silver. London Cycling Campaign. TfL Oyster
Booked

Finally found a use for the Lloyds upgrade voucher that was expiring end October. 13000 avios and £50 for CE both ways.

14 Sept: out on BA456 6:20 and back on BA465 21:20.

Adding to Wiki now.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 4:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Invites for the official press flight just landed.

The 13.20 on Monday 5th is going to be an A350 flight, although it is deliberately not marked in the timetable and shows as a 777. Club is blocked for VIPs / media but BA is selling Economy. However, if you want to be on the very very very first flight and don't care about Y, that's the one you want.
BotB, stuarttheap, aidy and 2 others like this.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 4:50 am

Originally Posted by Raffles

The 13.20 on Monday 5th is going to be an A350 flight, although it is deliberately not marked in the timetable and shows as a 777. Club is blocked for VIPs / media but BA is selling Economy. However, if you want to be on the very very very first flight and don't care about Y, that's the one you want.
Thanks for the update. Does this scupper the theory that for crew training it will be on the other flights?
Old Jul 10, 2019, 4:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by Workie Ticket
Thanks for the update. Does this scupper the theory that for crew training it will be on the other flights?
What we call 'crew training' flights are not 'training' flights as you may understand the word 'training'. There is no teacher standing in the cabin showing them how to hand things out, or taking notes. It is simply about A350 crew doing as many rotations as possible to get used to how the equipment works and where everything is - and, in this case, learning how to serve food etc to Club Suite guests.
george77300 likes this.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 5:15 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
“Familiarisation” I think is the word.
rockflyertalk likes this.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 5:20 am

Yes, familiarisation is what I undestand it to be.

What I meant to say was does the A350 being used on the 13.20 (which is usually a 777 rotation) for the press launch mean that it will carry on being used on this rotation, or will it be used on the other rotations as discussed in the previous posts?
Old Jul 10, 2019, 5:23 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Looking at what’s been said before the A350 will not be on the 1320. The 777 will carry on as normal for cargo after this event.

The A350 times / days are shown above for Aug & Sept.
BotB and george77300 like this.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 7:28 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Workie Ticket
Interesting update, thanks Raffles, good to know and appreciate the info. ^

Personally I see this as a good sign that the info posted is still correct as it helps to validate the 6th Aug. as the start date of the training/familiarisation flights for crew which was posted about. The use of the 777 slot is likely for convenience of the VIP crowd and that they can all get to Heathrow and away again at a timely hour rather than any other indicator (IMO).

I'll update the calendar to reflect this info.

I'd be very, very curious to know how many now hold their nerve on the Avios flights they have booked or try to change them / add a 777 flight as a knee jerk reaction! The algorithm for flights to MAD are going to need recalibration again after all this is over!

I'm happy with my choices!

Safe travels everyone.
Workie Ticket and george77300 like this.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 7:41 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Raffles

I hope this question is one you can answer Raffles...

You mention the 460 outbound is the VIP flight in CW/CE on the 5th...you haven't said anything about the return...Are the VIP's staying on board and then returning or does everyone go to some event in MAD or go their own way?

Do you know if the flight is indeed one way only, is the A350 flying back as the 461 for regular bookings? Or would it stay and fly back in another slot?

Hoping you can shed some light on these aspects without breaching any agreements?

Useful for the calendar to know what to put there (just the 460 or both 460/461 as well as for those wanting to get into Club if they were to position to MAD earlier in the day and come back on the first CW/CE flights...

Thanks for whatever you can provide say (maybe I'm reading too much into what is not said in your post!)

Safe travels.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.