FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA A350-1000 training flights meet-ups thread
Old Jul 8, 2019, 5:10 am
BotB

Programs: HH D, Rad VIP, Marriott G
Originally Posted by jwils642
Thanks for confirming appreciate you looking and coming back to me - what is wiki? And how do I view it
Welcome to the forum and this thread in particular, hope you get a flight on the A350 for the date you picked. ^ A great question, thanks for asking it, not everyone is familiar with the forum tools or layout, so hopefully the below screenshots and comments help in addition to what peter h kindly mentioned.

A wikipost is a special tool on this forum that allows you and everyone else to find pertinent information on the thread easily (from anywhere in the thread) and also can be maintained by a larger group of people (so not just the person that posted it originally as is the case with normal forum posts). Some people may not see the wiki post easily as they have this turned off by default or simply haven't noticed it yet. The below posts show what the wikipost looks like (the top/start of it at least) when it is expanded and also when it is 'hidden'. You can find it most easily by going to the first page of a thread and then see it at the top of that thread. (on a mobile it may appear yellow, whereas on a computer I believe it will be white as you see in my screenshots). If all you see is a white bar with the + sign at the right, click on that + sign and you'll have the info show up from that point onwards I believe. Depending on your settings, you may see a wiki at the top of any thread page you look at but it may disappear if you scroll a bit and then look for it...so best to go to page 1 if you want to see it in detail until you get used to the behaviour of your computer/mobile and wikis.

Normal Wikipost expanded:

Wikipost when contracted/hidden:

Please note that not every thread has a wikipost, but you'll also note that threads that do will show this in the general forum subject list with a blue box saying wiki like the image below does for one thread but not the other.

Wiki indication on general forum pages:

Hope this helps and adds to the pleasure of using the forum and the excitement for the upcoming flights. Welcome onboard the A350 thread wiki! ^ (you won't be able to modify or add to a wiki until you meet requirements as set out in the rules, 90 days and 90 posts I believe*) You can always ask someone to add something to a wiki for you though and someone generally will. ^

Originally Posted by victairinternational
Flying on 9 Aug BA465 (out on the 9 Aug BA460)
I like your style...belt and braces approach just in case they do end up using the 777 flights to do the training you've hedged all bets...^

Originally Posted by RG1X
Booked:

19/09 06:20 BA456
22/09 10:55 BA457

Fingers crossed. I'm wondering if I should bother selecting seats...
Good question! Humorous answer would be: if you are on my flights then definitely no, don't bother selecting seats...if you aren't on my flights, then it may be a good idea! As george77300 mentions it may be good for two reasons; if it is the A350, hopefully they'll map the seat numbers one to one in CE (so those in row 1 or 2 will be pleased) if they do swap to a 'normal' A319/320/321 then at least you'll have the seat you wanted for that flight...as an aside in ET I am not sure what will happen, or if one selects an exit seat...that will be something for the guinea pigs on 6/7/8th Aug. to test and report back!

Great to see others joining in, welcome to the training flights and best wishes regarding being rewarded with a flight on the new A350! ^

Anyone else booked or wish to join in?

4 weeks to go tomorrow is the first flight (scheduled) of the A350...29 days to go...34 FTers flying so far...

Safe travels everyone!

Last edited by BotB; Jul 8, 2019 at 5:24 am Reason: error in days to go...