Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA First Class cabin - invite a friend from WT

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA First Class cabin - invite a friend from WT

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2018, 6:29 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
It’s very apparent from the various incidents documented here - and there will be many, many more of course - that F pax bringing ‘guests’ (can we really describe them as such ...??) can create problems for other fare-paying FC travellers.

OTOH, there is no ‘problem’, in truth, if a F pax is denied this opportunity.

Best just ban it totally ; and thus avoid any difficult issues from the start.
710 77345 and DYKWIA like this.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 3:11 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / M-Life Gold / HH Diamond
Originally Posted by EDIwanderer
The difference being, 787 excepted, that the F pax will have a buddy seat, the Y/W/J pax may not have any empty seats near them at all. It’s all about the respect those passengers show for those around them. Of course there will be plenty of F passengers who are loud and annoying too and you can’t do too much about them!
Welcome EDIwanderer! I agree with you, it's about having enough awareness (and maybe self-awareness) about the impact you have on others.

Originally Posted by noFODplease
If I knew a friend was on the flight and I was in F I would certainly hope to treat them to a drink up front. I do see the appeal. But being sensitive to disruption myself, I wouldn't make it any more than that..
Precisely what I did. I had a friend and colleague on the same flight as me, she was in WT+, me in First, I know she'll never likely fly First and I hadn't seen her in ages, so we had a quick and quiet drink together. I'd happily do it again, because I'd make sure we're as quiet as mice and don't p1ss off the neighbours.

Originally Posted by offtothehills
You are so very correct, it's all about respect, as it is across the board.
IMO, there may loud/annoying noise etc in F on occasions, although I have to say that I rarely encounter this.
There's the potential for annoyance wherever you seek it out personally, I found another F pax really annoying on my last flight because he spent half the flight walking a circuit around the cabin, I was in 1A and so every few minutes he was drawing the curtain. First world problem of the highest order... he wasn't just going through the curtain, he was pulling it aside (and leaving it open), instead of going through the middle bit where the curtain overlaps.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 4:48 am

Programs: BA CCR/GGL, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by nufnuf77
to me 1 guest is Maximum, as 2 would have to obstruct aisle
On that particular occassion there were only 2 of us in F, and the other person flying was an FT'er @PhilH. If it was much more crowded I would restrict it to 1.
nufnuf77 likes this.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 4:54 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by LondonAndy
On that particular occassion there were only 2 of us in F, and the other person flying was an FT'er @PhilH. If it was much more crowded I would restrict it to 1.
agreed, very different if you actually know everyone else in F cabin
LondonAndy likes this.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 5:07 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR , HH Diamond
Originally Posted by flyuk
Yeah, don't bring that WT rabble up front, they might get delusions of grandeur and take a crass leak in our posh toilets.
Or even nick the flower in the loo, the return of which we all campaigned hard for here on this board...
flyuk likes this.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 5:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Some of you may recall our experience on our first (and only!) First to UVF, when the Nanny relocated from J to F for the entire journey. The following from the TR ...
.... And then it was time to review our fellow pax. Which was not a cheering prospect. A family group consisting of: 1K, younger male, 1F older male, 4K, female with lap infant, 4F, toddler. We are surrounded, although at least 2F is empty. And then it isn’t, as Nanny is brought forward from CW to occupy the vacant seat and look after Infant whilst Mummy has lunch. Cool. Nanny gets her meal brought forward from CW. Mummy joins Nanny on the footstool in 2F to feed infant. Daddy comes and talks to Wife and Infant. Wife goes and talks to Toddler. Daddy returns to seat, Toddler comes and talks to Infant. Mummy rejoins Nanny …. and this cycle of activity goes on constantly for the entire 9 hour journey. It was particularly annoying for iWife in 2K, as she is continually being presented with people’s bums by her left ear. AAAARRRGGGGHHHH.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 6:16 am

Programs: BA GFL. AA EXP. Amex Plat. Mucci.
I am a regular paid F flyer and I actually find that the biggest annoyance is NOT other passengers inviting guests, but on-duty and off-duty BA crew congregating in F to chat and mingle during a flight (especially true when an off-duty captain is taking a positioning flight on an otherwise normal flight). What I hate most is BA crew that put their personal belongings in the F overhead bins (especially above seat 1K on the 777) and then proceed to noisily open and close the bins mid-flight (sometimes waking up passengers in the middle of the night). The fact that BA personnel think it's OK to do this makes me think that there is no hope in even asking the CSM to intervene.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.