Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA Holiday incl Avis car, who is my contract for the car with?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Holiday incl Avis car, who is my contract for the car with?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2018, 11:56 am

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by BOH
Yes am aware of this. So I specifically queried with her why the box was ticked - see my earlier posts for her reply.
I had read your previous posts and it wasn't clear why you accepted the explanation since you have already agreed for them to charge various things such as refueling in the T&C.
Old May 7, 2018, 11:55 am

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, IHG Platinum, BA Silver
Originally Posted by BOH
I have just spotted a problem with a BA Holidays Flight + Car booking and on downloading the Invoice and checking my CC statement I can see I have been charged by Avis at STR Airport for the refuelling option that I specifically declined at the desk on when I collected the car. I even had a chat with the Avis Agent at the desk as to where the nearest fuel station was on returning the car to make sure I could fill it up and she told me where it was and advised to show my petrol receipt to the Avis bloke on returning the car to show it had just been refuelled.

I believe she even misled me as when signing I queried why the refuelling option was ticked on the contract and she said, "that is just in case you don't return it full of fuel it gives us the authorisation to charge you for a full tank". She then assured me it was only in case it was not full and I absolutely would not be charged if I returned it full.
In Germany they (Avis) always tick the full tank box, I always refill it, and they never charge me for fuel. So I believe she was being honest about that part of it but something has clearly gone wrong at the return.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.