Wiki Posts
Search

GGL enhancements

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2018, 3:48 pm

Location: All over the place often South Wales and Lake District
Programs: BA Gold for Life Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by MPH1980
My apologies - didn't intend it to come across that way - I, personally, do have a problem with the HNL golds. My reason for using it as an example was mainly because there are some on this board who seem to regard it as "the root of all evil" and thousands of people are doing it and then "clogging up" the lounges. When, in reality, we're talking about a relatively small number of people (compared to total number of Gold/Emeralds out there) who, if you then say "well - they weren't flying enough to get Gold or Silver themselves" are not exactly going to be sitting in a lounge every day.
Did you mean to put a NOT there?
Old Mar 15, 2018, 8:06 am

Originally Posted by itsmeitisss
Did you mean to put a NOT there?
Oh for ... sake ... you try and apologise and completely ... it up.
dcmike, MrMutton, aks120 and 3 others like this.
Old Mar 26, 2018, 4:49 am

Programs: BA Silver - hard drop from GGL :( SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, AC E50k
@Raffles, during the interview part with Alex Cruz that you got to run, was there any info about BAEC, and what they plan to do with the GGL levels? Think an announcement is due soon, and lots of speculation, but haven't heard what they have decided yet...
Old Mar 26, 2018, 5:01 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by LondonCanuck
@Raffles, during the interview part with Alex Cruz that you got to run, was there any info about BAEC, and what they plan to do with the GGL levels? Think an announcement is due soon, and lots of speculation, but haven't heard what they have decided yet...
If the announcement is due on the 5th I think it's unlikely to be released any sooner. And if it were, I doubt a FF blog is going to be the one to have any kind of exclusive...
Old Mar 26, 2018, 5:35 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by Wozza2404
If the announcement is due on the 5th I think it's unlikely to be released any sooner. And if it were, I doubt a FF blog is going to be the one to have any kind of exclusive...
Where did you see mention of 5th?
Old Mar 26, 2018, 5:39 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by madfish

Dunno! I've seen it somewhere, though. Entirely possible I've got it wrong but I guess being the end of the UK tax year it kind of stuck with me.

Either way, I've made sure I crossed the requalification line this month, just in case.
Old Mar 26, 2018, 6:52 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by LondonCanuck
Think an announcement is due soon, and lots of speculation, but haven't heard what they have decided yet...

It wasn't specifically mentioned by Alex Cruz, or specifically asked about, but if the mood music is "let's not hack off Golds on 1400 TPs", and given BA's IT, you can perhaps make your own judgement.
Old Mar 26, 2018, 7:59 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
I sometimes wonder whether there's a fun little game going on where someone at BA feeds a little snippet of false information and then waits for it to emerge and snowball into a substantial thread on FT.
Old Mar 26, 2018, 8:02 am

Programs: BA GGLFL, EK Gold
Originally Posted by madfish

Post #232 by crazy8534 ?
Old Mar 26, 2018, 8:03 am
Suspended

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH DIAMOND, AVIS Presidents Club, Karahi Express
A real GGL enhancement since BoB ..... on my ET flight FRA-LHR on Friday .... was welcomed by CC and offerred a bottle of Champagne.
Old Mar 26, 2018, 8:07 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by golfmad
I sometimes wonder whether there's a fun little game going on where someone at BA feeds a little snippet of false information and then waits for it to emerge and snowball into a substantial thread on FT.
... and then sit back and watch the debates unfold whilst getting a feel about how changes might be received
golfmad and rockflyertalk like this.
Old Mar 26, 2018, 8:08 am

Programs: BA GGLfL
Is it my imagination or has the Gold Guest List branding been removed from the "Upgraded Experience" paragraph?

​​​​​​https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb.../gold-benefits
Old Mar 26, 2018, 8:12 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by Lolbert
Is it my imagination or has the Gold Guest List branding been removed from the "Upgraded Experience" paragraph?

​​​​​​https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb.../gold-benefits
Was it ever there?
Old Mar 26, 2018, 8:14 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by golfmad
I know exactly what you mean.

False information such as “we’ve been getting lots of feedback from our ET customers, and in future will be offering soft drinks, tea & coffee (not to mention food) - in exchange for payment by credit card or Avios - and all of which were previously included in the ticket price ; because they told us they much prefer to pay for them”

That one certainly snowballed into a substantial thread, no doubt about it.

Old Mar 26, 2018, 8:21 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by subject2load
I know exactly what you mean.

False information such as “we’ve been getting lots of feedback from our ET customers, and in future will be offering soft drinks, tea & coffee (not to mention food) - in exchange for payment by credit card or Avios - and all of which were previously included in the ticket price ; because they told us they much prefer to pay for them”

That one certainly snowballed into a substantial thread, no doubt about it.
I don't see the correlation between your post and mine?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.