Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Some people have no manners (pt 3.)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2019, 9:36 pm
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by deboyzoned
Sorry, but why are feet on the bulhead bad manners?
My Dear, that question (unless meant tongue in cheek) says more about you than you probably meant. Do you put your feet up on your walls? With shoes?

Petrus Love of my Life, why in God’s name didn’t you say something to the Slob? Had I accepted your offer “Come Fly With Me” or words to that effect, I’d have been in 1C and none of this would have happened.

I kid you not I’d have stood up and in front of him asked him why he thought that why the entire cabin needed to his his filthy shoes.

Revolting
Old Mar 6, 2019, 10:14 pm

Programs: EK,BA,QR
The whole problem is that some people actually can't see why it's bad manners to have one's feet on the bulkhead.... etc, etc...
I despair, really, I do. With, or without shoes.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 1:39 am

Im somewhat confused. If the passenger is not stopping your exit from your seat, i dont understand why this bothers you. There are far more annoying things on planes, for example, when someone uses your chair to get up and shakes it and wakes you up.. if their feet is protruding onto your arm rest.. and one of the worst ones.. being sat on a row of three on the aisle where the couple spend the whole long haul flight making out.

You lot need to sit in economy more often on long haul flights if you think that putting your shoes on the bulkhead is bad manners haha
stevie likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 2:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Originally Posted by MiraculousM
Im somewhat confused. If the passenger is not stopping your exit from your seat, i dont understand why this bothers you. There are far more annoying things on planes, for example, when someone uses your chair to get up and shakes it and wakes you up.. if their feet is protruding onto your arm rest.. and one of the worst ones.. being sat on a row of three on the aisle where the couple spend the whole long haul flight making out.

You lot need to sit in economy more often on long haul flights if you think that putting your shoes on the bulkhead is bad manners haha
(my bolding)

Things could be worse, one or more of the couple's bare feet could on your armrest, and even on your table
offtothehills and MiraculousM like this.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 2:52 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Worcester
But that rather negates one of the chief perks of the extra y chromosome.

If we did that all the time, we would never be able to write our names in the snow.
True, oh so true, one should cherish the little chromosome perks, just thinking better outside an airplane lav, I might be wrong, just a bit of rebellious thinking, to accommodate those with a different chromosome set up, then again I do try to be a gentleman.
Worcester likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 3:01 am

Originally Posted by Worcester
But that rather negates one of the chief perks of the extra y chromosome.

If we did that all the time, we would never be able to write our names in the snow.
You could still write your name in the snow just not using yellow ink.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 10:25 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by onobond
(my bolding)

Things could be worse, one or more of the couple's bare feet could on your armrest, and even on your table
At the same time as making out? I suspect it may be more than just making out if that is the case.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 5:19 pm

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Originally Posted by bigwalrus
At the same time as making out? I suspect it may be more than just making out if that is the case.
Perhaps you have not seen the 84 asanas of Kama Sutra ?
Old Mar 7, 2019, 7:50 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold/ Skywards Gold/Hilton Diamond
Well a new one tonight for me. Waiting to board BA66 from PHL tonight , bit of a scrum around check area for Group 1/2. Group 1 called to board and this whirlwind out of nowhere pipes up I’m Group 1 (as was I) and before you, grabs my hand and scratches me drawing blood. Bit angry and shocked tbh . The karma was that remaining behind them I saw they were off back to WT (39J) whilst I was off to my cosy window seat on UD!!
Old Mar 7, 2019, 9:59 pm

While I can't see it on the plane, but I've noticed an increasing number of people who don't wash their hands upon leaving airport toilets. Maybe I've become a little weak in my old age and am the only person who thinks that this is disgusting
Old Mar 7, 2019, 10:13 pm

I know we’re not meant to cross post, but since this thread that I had originated recently got closed by the moderator with no explanation - I don’t think it’s cross posting per se and may be of interest to folks on this thread.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cath...behaviour.html
Old May 8, 2019, 7:45 am

2 minutes into boarding. I’m pleased to report the csm has at least made him put his shoes on.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.