Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Width of BA seats 777 vs. A380 Business

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2019, 3:49 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by darthlemsip

A380 because it’s a nicer environment - 777 is much noisier and leaves me dried out. The only plane that gives me nosebleeds too
The seat dimensions are identical in CW on all aircraft (if we exclude A321s and A318s). The surrounds can be more generous (e.g on bulkheads and the solo middles on 787s and 380s). I mention that in terms of the thread used to ask the question.

But in terms of experience upper deck A380 is great particularly on the longer sectors, and vastly better than 777s, you roll off the aircraft in much better nick than 777s which I'm increasingly regarding as an unacceptable aircraft on all airlines.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 4:00 pm

Programs: All the usual suspects
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave

....... 777s which I'm increasingly regarding as an unacceptable aircraft on all airlines.
Likewise and with a few unavoidable long hauls over the next week on the 777 starting tomorrow, I'm not looking forward to that at all.

380 every time -This may be/is my avourite commercial plane to fly on

Last edited by Prospero; Apr 5, 2019 at 1:51 am Reason: Repair quotation
Old Apr 4, 2019, 8:39 pm

Programs: BA, SQ
Originally Posted by Sailbot3310
Which would you recommend to fly in Club to Singapore? 777 or A380? The A380 departs at 19:55 and the 777 departs at 21:30. Not much difference, so I'm open based on experience. Price is identical.
A380 hands down, I've done both on this route. If you've never done an A380 or A350 before you'll be amazed at what airbus have done.
These birds are so quiet that you can even talk to your neighbour during take off without needing to even raise your voice. Try doing that on a B777 while it's cruising.....

Front loos on the upper deck are huge too ^
Old Apr 5, 2019, 1:45 am

Thanks - Seems a unanimous decision and I'll be booking the A380 return!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.