Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Starving in CE on 2 hour flight [Lacto-ovo vegetarian brunch]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Starving in CE on 2 hour flight [Lacto-ovo vegetarian brunch]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2018, 6:47 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
Originally Posted by IAMORGAN

I agree - he should be eradicated as soon as possible. A significant saving no doubt.
I think you missed a wink, or at least I hope you did. Wouldn't be nice to wish someone eradicated, retired, moved on to other things or re-educated perhaps.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 2:39 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by florens

Were those domestic flights? A workaround, as it was/is not possible to select special meals for domestic flights on BA.com is to select a default special meal preference in your profile which will automatically select the special meal for domestic flights.
yes it was domestic, and the SPML is already default in my profile. I was told by BA when i complained that it is not possible to order SPML in CE (whether or not domestic) from LCY. I have no issues from any other airport.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 4:12 am

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
Originally Posted by Collierkr
so was this a special meal request? What were you expecting?
A meal?
710 77345, rapidex and JustTheOne like this.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 4:17 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by ajamieson
A meal?
^

Gotta love FT wit at times !
Old Jan 18, 2018, 4:28 am

Programs: BA GOLD/OWE BA Amex Prem Plus Tesco Airmiles Qantas Bronze IHG SPG Eithad
Originally Posted by charlie1105
On the way back from NBO all we got was a bacon roll, with a very poor attempt at tomato ketchup (it was translucent, jelly like and had almost no flavour) and that was in F. If they're not going to provide a breakfast for F pax on a long haul flight, I wouldn't hold out much hope on a 2 hour CE flight!
Blimey that is awful, complain and maybe get some avios!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Jan 18, 2018, 4:31 am

Programs: BA Gold
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by mmogdan
For completeness, I thought I would post back to say I complained and received 10,000 Avios, reimbursement of additional food purchased and seemingly concern over the lack of food and passing the feedback on about Band 3 catering generally.
So, BA awarded you 10,000 Avios as an apology for delivering to you exactly the food they intended to deliver! Maybe they've realised how bad this mid-band catering actually is - I'm now optimistic about improvements this year!
Old Jan 18, 2018, 4:35 am

I'd rather have a crap meal and 10,000 Avios. I hope they make that a standard
volar likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 7:32 am

Programs: BA Silver IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by mmogdan

lacto-ovo is the term for normal vegetarian. Going to BCN we connected JER-LGW and got a cooked breakfast with beans, potato, Spanish and mushrooms etc and also fruit.

So i’m wondering is this usual for a 2 hour flight? If so it seems Bonkers
Isn't that an oxymoron? Also pretty sure it takes more than 2 hours without food to cause "starvation"
Old Jan 18, 2018, 7:58 am

Programs: BA Gold, Priority Club Gold, Accor Silver, Virgin Australia Gold
Originally Posted by quakered
Isn't that an oxymoron? Also pretty sure it takes more than 2 hours without food to cause "starvation"
Not if you are b2bs with BA😜😜

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.