Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Starving in CE on 2 hour flight [Lacto-ovo vegetarian brunch]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Starving in CE on 2 hour flight [Lacto-ovo vegetarian brunch]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2018, 1:44 pm

JAXBA- I meant - what would they normally eat on BA!
Old Jan 16, 2018, 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by charlie1105
On the way back from NBO all we got was a bacon roll, with a very poor attempt at tomato ketchup (it was translucent, jelly like and had almost no flavour) and that was in F. If they're not going to provide a breakfast for F pax on a long haul flight, I wouldn't hold out much hope on a 2 hour CE flight!
As a lacto ovo vegetarian?
Old Jan 16, 2018, 1:51 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
Can I check, this is the flight that leaves at 1115? So brunch offering rather than Breakfast. is BCN still a band 3?
Old Jan 16, 2018, 1:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire, Easyjet Flight Club
Originally Posted by navylad
Can I check, this is he flight that leaves at 1115? So brunch offering rather than Breakfast. is BCN still a band 3?
Flight departed at 10:50
Old Jan 16, 2018, 2:03 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
Originally Posted by mmogdan
Flight departed at 10:50
ok yeah that would be brunch. BA essentially assume you’ve already had breakfast by late morning. IMhO it is the worst time of day to fly in terms of catering.

you can find the CE catering guide here https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...dition-13.html
Old Jan 16, 2018, 2:07 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
I have posted pictures of VLML meals, albeit to/from LHR, in the Club Europe Catering thread.

This is clearly a mistake. You should complain and expect about 5000 avios, possibly more since BA has been more generous lately.

There were reports on here that items from ET‘s M&S menu could be had for free in the case of no catering in CE (late bookings), which could apply here too.
Some fruits are hardly a meal. I must add that I have seen exactly this 2 years ago on a GVA-LGW flight.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 2:07 pm

Originally Posted by Barnaby100
What would a lacto-ovo vegetarian usually eat?
Apparently fruit and crumbs? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Old Jan 16, 2018, 2:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire, Easyjet Flight Club
Originally Posted by navylad

ok yeah that would be brunch. BA essentially assume you’ve already had breakfast by late morning. IMhO it is the worst time of day to fly in terms of catering.

you can find the CE catering guide here https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...dition-13.html
Hmmm, the morning went, wake up at 8am, leave hotel at 8:30am, drive to airport, arrive at airport 09:40am, return hire car, change terminals, arrive terminal 10:10am, clear security 10:20am, arrive at gate 10:28am and then basically the last 2 people to board - looking forward to breakfast!
Old Jan 16, 2018, 2:15 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by florens
I have posted pictures of VLML meals, albeit to/from LHR, in the Club Europe Catering thread.

This is clearly a mistake. You should complain and expect about 5000 avios, possibly more since BA has been more generous lately.

There were reports on here that items from ET‘s M&S menu could be had for free in the case of no catering in CE (late bookings), which could apply here too.
Some fruits are hardly a meal. I must add that I have seen exactly this 2 years ago on a GVA-LGW flight.
I was so hungry I purchased this from the M&S menu, which, was actually, to be fair, rather excellent!

Old Jan 16, 2018, 2:16 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

You're missing a side plate of.....

cut fruit , an item from the bread basket, and a knob of butter
navylad likes this.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 3:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K and Million Miler, *A Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hertz Five Star,
Flying on BA2707 BCN to LGW in CE( flight time 2 hours) with a colleague and we were both served this for breakfast (lacto-ovo vegetarian). We hadn’t had any breakfast and didn’t have time to visit the lounge. Is this seriously the BA offering or an error?

We asked for some M&S food and were asked to pay for this.

so was this a special meal request? What were you expecting?
Old Jan 16, 2018, 3:59 pm

This epitomises British Airway's contempt for vegetarian passengers. Ovo-lacto requests are often ignored. To save money and effort they often reduce meals to a vegan common denominator. In the case above - fruitarian Vegetarians have been too tolerant of British Airway's neglect. As I stated on another thread, the higher the cabin grade, the poorer value. Given the amount of vegetarians in the UK, this careless approach is unacceptable. It's time to start complaining.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 4:01 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Flying on BA2707 BCN to LGW in CE( flight time 2 hours) with a colleague and we were both served this for breakfast (lacto-ovo vegetarian). We hadn’t had any breakfast and didn’t have time to visit the lounge. Is this seriously the BA offering or an error?

We asked for some M&S food and were asked to pay for this.

There was something amiss with the catering on that flight. I was on it too in 3C.

I had pre-ordered a gluten free meal and i basically got a slice of ham and some parsley and 2 sticks of cucumber. The usual procedure is that they bring out the requests first and then do the general service but that didn't happen. At least I had an apple in the lounge for breakfast ...
Old Jan 16, 2018, 4:04 pm

What makes me laugh is that British Airways's pitched the Marks and Spencer meals as an improved offering. Yet Club Europe passengers are palmed off with BA's food. The irony.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 4:33 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by AnaTravel
What makes me laugh is that British Airways's pitched the Marks and Spencer meals as an improved offering. Yet Club Europe passengers are palmed off with BA's food. The irony.
The reality is, BA gradually but carefully dumbed down the level of (previously included) catering in ET to such a point that very few people could disagree that the M&S menu, when it came, was indeed a significant improvement. What they did not agree with was Alex Cruz’s wholly unsubstantiated claim that passengers were happier to pay for meals/refreshments - including something as basic as a cup of tea - than not to pay for it.

Fast forward to the current scenario and we now have a situation where many travellers on high-priced CE fares, on various sectors, would actually prefer the chance to choose something from the ET BoB menu (at BA’s expense of course), than to enjoy the - er - delights of the Club Europe menu ; a menu which - we are imaginatively informed by ba.com - “features irresistible meal options crafted to perfectly match the time and duration of your flight”.

You couldn’t make it up. Although .........

rockflyertalk and AnaTravel like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.