Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

F LHR arrival, landside, leave bags, LHR-MAN, CCR?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2018, 3:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Executive Club - Gold Member

I've tried to find the answer to this in the fantastic BA Lounge database with its access rules, but would appreciate any confirmation of my two questions below. I'm due to arrive into LHR in F from MCT, landing at around 1500. The ticket is a return in F and so begins and ends at LHR.

I've now got to continue up to MAN on the same day as my return from MCT for the evening and return the next day. A few questjons:

1. Is it possible to collecg bags, go landside, leave bags somewhere landside overnight, check in for MAN with a HBO fare, then use my MCT F ticket to access the F Wing and CRR before the MAN flight? Would the MCT ticket also give cabana and spa reservations for the 'connection' time through You First, even though it's two different tickets (And I believe two PNRs)?

2. My other option is exactly the above but to purchase a ET fare with luggage. Is there a way to add this onto my current MCT ticket? I understand then it would be a connection at LHR and I think he answers to my You First reservations, CCR etc would be yes, but then I'd book a one way return from MAN?

Many thanks for all your help FTers!
Old Jan 14, 2018, 4:07 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
1. Is it possible to collect bags, go landside, leave bags somewhere landside overnight,
yes, there is a left luggage facility landside in T5

check in for MAN with a HBO fare, then use my MCT F ticket to access the F Wing and CRR before the MAN flight?

NOt sure but I believe if you show the boarding bass for the MCT flight yes

Would the MCT ticket also give cabana and spa reservations for the 'connection' time through You First, even though it's two different tickets (And I believe two PNRs)?

not sure

2. My other option is exactly the above but to purchase a ET fare with luggage. Is there a way to add this onto my current MCT ticket? I understand then it would be a connection at LHR and I think he answers to my You First reservations, CCR etc would be yes, but then I'd book a one way return from MAN?

You cannot buy a new ticket and add it to your current PNR. So no this would not then be a connection

You could phone up and ask the cost of a change to your existing ticket . this would be a connection
Old Jan 14, 2018, 4:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
You can't add the LHR-MAN to the same ticket, and buying one with luggage in the hope of getting your bags checked through all the way from MCT won't work with BA's customer hostile policy of not through-checking on separate bookings.

Your best bet is either to leave your bags at Left Luggage T5 by domestic arrivals, or to buy a ticket with bags to MAN and take them with you (and back I suppose).

Officially you shouldn't be able to get an Elemis appointment / Cabana booking but I'm sure You First will work with you on that one.
Old Jan 14, 2018, 4:12 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
aFAIK if your flying the next day after 6, your F boarding card will not get you into the CCR, if you fly the same day then yes. Ditto Spa access.

you can pay for the change fee and add the MAN return onto the same ticket but the whole flights will be reprised at current rates with the addition of the change fee.

you can buy a separate return ticket to MAN but be aware they would be unprotected and you would need to collect and recheck your luggage. Have you thought about using a RFS?
Old Jan 14, 2018, 4:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Executive Club - Gold Member
What's an RFS?

Thanks for all the replies so far! Very very helpful!
Old Jan 14, 2018, 4:39 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
Originally Posted by jh89
What's an RFS?

Thanks for all the replies so far! Very very helpful!
reqard flight saver, using airmiles up to MAN, from 4K Avios and 17.50 each way which includes your luggage.
Old Jan 14, 2018, 4:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by navylad
you can pay for the change fee and add the MAN return onto the same ticket but the whole flights will be reprised at current rates with the addition of the change fee.
I don't think that this is necessarily correct. It looks like the OP's MCT-LHR is the inbound half of the ticket ("as my return from MCT"). AIUI, normal BA fare rules are these: If the OP only changes the inbound half of the ticket, then this can be repriced using historical fares (ie fares in force on date of original ticket issue). If the change is made before any travel on the ticket begins, then the ticket can also be repriced using current fares if those are cheaper than historical fares.

The change fee will be payable in every case.
Old Jan 14, 2018, 4:54 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Yes, it's likely that if MCT-LHR the final leg of a multi-sector trip that adding on MAN could be reasonably cost effective, I guess there may be some reason why that can't happen (e.g. booked via an OTA). Otherwise it's the place to start since though there is a change fee, the additional MAN sector could be quite cheap. It also provides through protection if there are delays, as well as through baggage.
navylad likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.