Wiki Posts
Search

HKG-PEK Codeshares or just CX/KA

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2018, 6:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP
HKG-PEK Codeshares or just CX/KA

I am flying to PEK and trying to get a flight via HKG but BA is not offering that (as it often does as an option to PVG, usually a a KA/CX flight not even codeshared)

Any ideas?

Even tried HKG-PEK as separate segment on multicity, no go?
Old Jan 11, 2018, 7:21 am

Programs: BA - Blue
Strange...I always get PEK-HKG-LHR as an option in the opposite direction, but yes, on a dummy booking just now, for the LHR-PEK it only offers the direct route.

Have you tried phoning up to price?

tb
Old Jan 11, 2018, 10:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by trueblu
Strange...I always get PEK-HKG-LHR as an option in the opposite direction, but yes, on a dummy booking just now, for the LHR-PEK it only offers the direct route.

Have you tried phoning up to price?

tb
I often am flying straight to PVG and returning via HKG is the CX/KA connection a feature of return flights?
Old Jan 12, 2018, 4:40 am

Programs: SK EBG, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by seaskybound
I am flying to PEK and trying to get a flight via HKG but BA is not offering that (as it often does as an option to PVG, usually a a KA/CX flight not even codeshared)

Any ideas?

Even tried HKG-PEK as separate segment on multicity, no go?
What dates (approximately) and class are you looking at for the trip? As both you and tb note, it is a bit odd as usually the website throws up lots of options via HKG.

I just checked though some of the routing rules based on a return trip in March (LHR-PEK*), and the cheapest WT, WT+ and CW fares do indeed only allow the direct route (more specifically O and Q WT fares, the lower T "DIF" WT+ fare, and all the the I and R CW fares only allow a direct routing - at least for the dates I looked at). That is confirmed using a Matrix ITA search forcing a routing through HKG - the cheapest WT, WT+ and CW fares that come out are for booking classes N, T and D, respectively (with an eye-watering price of 5500 GBP for the latter).

All that doesn't necessarily explain though why the BA website is not giving you any options at all with this routing ...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.