Community
Wiki Posts
Search

'Premium car transfers' ; whats this?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2018, 2:34 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by rapidex
My understanding of the service is that it picks you up at T5 and whips you over to T3 security without waiting for the connections bus.
Originally Posted by Can I help you
No, it’s also connections from the B and C gates.
Correct. You are most likely to get the offer if T5 Domestic to T3 and sub 2 hours and Gold and Club Europe/World/First. Next most likely is sub 90 minutes and Domestic to T5C, then T5B. And they also will now do transfers from (e.g.) international inbound to T5B and outbound from T3. I can't see them doing many T5C to Domestic but doubtless that sometimes happens. However it is done. the only security side-step you get is T5 Domestic to T3.
Old Jan 13, 2018, 2:53 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
So my question for this would be with regards to conformance. You can clearly get from one plane to another fairly swiftly with this Service and I can imagine it being most useful with a delayed domestic flight with an at near MCT departure from T3, given you bypass security presumable conformance is over-ridden by B but is there a set limit? Like for example if you arrived into T5 with 45 minutes prior to your departure from T3, would this Aervice be offered or would you be rebooked?
Old Jan 13, 2018, 3:29 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by navylad
So my question for this would be with regards to conformance. You can clearly get from one plane to another fairly swiftly with this Service and I can imagine it being most useful with a delayed domestic flight with an at near MCT departure from T3, given you bypass security presumable conformance is over-ridden by B but is there a set limit? Like for example if you arrived into T5 with 45 minutes prior to your departure from T3, would this Aervice be offered or would you be rebooked?
In that scenario you should be auto-rebooked anyway, and there is no conformance at T3 for connecting passengers. They do check your boarding pass before getting in the car, and if the next flight is T5 then someone clears the Ready to Fly offline for you either before getting in the car or during the journey. If the connection is well below conformance and you weren't auto-rebooked, they won't transfer you by car but they may give you new boarding passes. I would guess if you are on the cusp of conformance (e.g. less than 30 minutes to departure) then they'll get FMU to give the green light and drive you to the aircraft direct.
navylad likes this.
Old Jan 14, 2018, 2:32 am

Programs: Tufty Club (Gold), BAGA Gymnastics level 4, 440yds swimming certificate
Probably best not to expect this service but be grateful if you get it.. On a one hour T5 MAN to JFK connection, which became 40 minutes, I was just told to run to B32
Old Jan 14, 2018, 3:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by A P Yu
On a one hour T5 MAN to JFK connection, which became 40 minutes, I was just told to run to B32
Surely that should be doable without running? It's about the time you could leave the south lounges and still easily get to B32 in time, so connecting from a domestic arrival shouldn't be much different?
Old Jan 14, 2018, 4:55 am

Programs: Tufty Club (Gold), BAGA Gymnastics level 4, 440yds swimming certificate
Originally Posted by Globaliser
Surely that should be doable without running? It's about the time you could leave the south lounges and still easily get to B32 in time, so connecting from a domestic arrival shouldn't be much different?
the 20 minute gate closing time, if applied,makes it a close call, particularly when travelling with a child. As does the need to get through flight connections within 5 minutes.

from the lounge you don't have the conformance restriction.
Old Jan 14, 2018, 4:58 am

the 20 minute gate closing time, if applied,makes it a close call, particularly when travelling with a child. As does the need to get through flight connections within 5 minutes.
It's 11 minutes to Flight Connections in that situation, it's dynamic if connecting from Domestic to B. I'm not sure a car would have made it any faster, there is a one way system to B32 which is quite convoluted. But with a child I see it would have been vastly more comfortable. The car should have been offered if you were travelling in Club or with status. Without a child it should be still reasonably comfortable, even walking the whole way from A5 to B32 is about 13 minutes.
Old Jan 14, 2018, 5:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
... particularly when travelling with a child.
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
But with a child I see it would have been vastly more comfortable.
Yes, I can see how having a child in tow would make the normal route more stressful in these circumstances.

I think that an adult on their own should be able to make it to any B gate from any south lounge within 10 minutes using the transit. Before T5C opened, I reckoned the maximum time was closer to 7 minutes.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 12:15 pm

The car should have been offered if you were travelling in Club or with status.
Yeah I thought it should have been. I'm a Gold and the three of us were in Club. Maybe next time.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 9:32 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
I received a transfer fro T5 to T4 on Wednesday from a delayed flight from ABZ
It was about 30 minutes late and so had 90 minutes to make my connection to a QR flight at T4 which should have been ok using the bus.
Arrived in the QR lounge with an hour to spare.
I was met half way up the air bridge, Passport and boarding pass checked. Then down the steps and was transferred in a Mercedes people carrier
to the normal bus drop off point at T4.
Old Jan 21, 2018, 6:49 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Is it worthwhile to proactively ask the crew whether a transfer has been arranged? I'm connecting from an EDI arrival into LHR, which arrives at 17.50, to a T5 DEL departure at 18.55. Travelling in J.
Old Jan 21, 2018, 6:56 am

Originally Posted by omarr135
Is it worthwhile to proactively ask the crew whether a transfer has been arranged? I'm connecting from an EDI arrival into LHR, which arrives at 17.50, to a T5 DEL departure at 18.55. Travelling in J.
There's no harm asking if they have had a ping on their iPads, but if to T5B then it's probably not saving any time unless you had mobility issues, T5C yes it would potentially save a few minutes. There's no real risk of missing the transfer arrangement, the oneworld express connections agent will hold up a tablet with your name/flight number.
BABenchley likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2018, 6:58 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Thanks, CWS! Yep - it was T5C I was thinking of.

There's no harm asking if they have had a ping on their iPads, but if to T5B then it's probably not saving any time unless you had mobility issues, T5C yes it would potentially save a few minutes. There's no real risk of missing the transfer arrangement, the oneworld express connections agent will hold up a tablet with your name/flight number.
Old Jan 21, 2018, 7:18 am

Programs: BA
Yep there is no harm, all we can do is send an ACARS message to operational control and they can assess the appropriate action.
omarr135 likes this.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 9:28 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Will have short(ish) connections JFK-LHR-HAJ and then ARN-HAJ-EWR and was wondering if car service would come to the rescue in case of delays (as I wouldn't have to pass immigration into the UK)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.