Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

T3 lounge - QF or CX for a quick visit? (BA Gold)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

T3 lounge - QF or CX for a quick visit? (BA Gold)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2018, 8:25 am

Programs: BA Silver
QF is good for a quick drink at the Gin bar and a light and healthy snack from the self service areas (they do a lot of healthy looking salads).

If you have more time and prefer a more substantial meal, then the sit down CX F Lounge is the probably the better option in my opinion.

Also bear in mind that food options in the QF lounge may be more limited when there are no QF flights departing
Old Jan 10, 2018, 8:36 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Knickam
Would CX be the best for breakfast options?
Absolutely. Try the quinoa/salmon/poached egg salad.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 8:44 am

Programs: BA GOLD/OWE BA Amex Prem Plus Tesco Airmiles Qantas Bronze IHG SPG Eithad
From what everyone is saying it looks as though CX F comes up trumps, so will definately at the end of the month head straight there, and enjoy the ambience and then do a bit of a lounge crawl later on.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 8:47 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Knickam
Would CX be the best for breakfast options?
As with many of these threads, any guidance on "best for breakfast" can be tailored by some definition of what that breakfast might look like. For example the AA club isn't doing too well in the feedback above but their breakfast it pretty good if you're after grits, waffles and pancakes.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 8:48 am

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by mec72
Absolutely. Try the quinoa/salmon/poached egg salad.
or if you prefer a traditional English, the CX breakfast is worth the visit IMO if you have a morning flight.
Thick rashers of bacon perfectly cooked not like the burnt offerings in the AA lounge. Accompanied by a lovely cuppa will set you up for the day.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 8:52 am

Programs: BA GGL, CR
Just have a look at them all and find what’s best for you.

I flew to Vienna on the early afternoon flight on Monday, fancied just one drink, and as a gin lover, thouroughly enjoyed 20 mins in the Qantas Lounge.

We are are a bit spoilt for choice.

Unlike in Vienna, where the Lounge choice is truly dreadful.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 9:19 am

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), SAS Diamond (*G)
I was at the QF lounge mid-afternoon over the weekend for the first time and was very impressed.

It was empty, at least when I arrived. The lunch/afternoon tea/salad buffet was very good - I think I tried everything (including repeat servings of the Victoria sponge with fresh berries) - the coffee from the bar excellent, and I really appreciated the calm and amount of personal space I had. I wasn't so happy about the lack of sockets next to chairs, though.

I have to say I much preferred it to most of my visits to the CX F lounge, which can't help being small and often crowded when I want to use it.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 9:27 am
formerly mrshyt

Programs: IB+ Gold, HH Gold
T3 is lounge mecca now for OW status travellers!

I'm Sapphire and I tried out QF a couple of weeks back. It's ok, only had buffet so didn't get to dine, that was starting after 5pm. Ordered a couple of signature cocktails which were nice. But we then made our way to the CX lounge which was busy but we managed to snag a couple of comfy seats and settle in. For us there's no competition, CX all the way...
Old Jan 10, 2018, 9:49 am

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
Originally Posted by klmml
It was empty, at least when I arrived.
You must have been lucky. When I passed through, it was busy (though far from full; roughly around 10 am) and the upstairs bar already a couple of very noisy customers (the type that tells the bar tender their entire life story without stopping to take a breath and talking so loudly that the rest of the lounge is forced to listen. After 30 minutes or so, I moved on to the CX lounge that was empty after the 11:20 am departure to HKG. It was pretty much empty until the first CX passengers arrived for the late afternoon departures.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 3:55 am

QF was empty for me as well (arrived about 14:00). Really enjoyed trying a few gins, and I'd love to go back and try some more.

Definitely want to try the CX lounge too though.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 4:15 am
Suspended

I was in the QF lounge from about 1 to 5pm. There are two levels with a bar with bartender on each. On the upper level was a very nice buffet with lots of healthy salad options, plus several hot dishes (curry I think), some different breads, etc. Downstairs was restaurant seating but I don't know what the menu was or hours of service.

The toilets and the showers in the QF lounge are really excellent - large, white marble, well lit (I find CX dark) and spotless - quite a contrast to BA plastic - twice the size as well - really the difference between Motel 6 and the Four Seasons although I guess many will say a shower at the airport is a shower.

All plugs are UK style. They didn't have a US to UK adapter for loan so I went across to the shops bought two, and gifted them one so there should be an US to UK adapter at the front desk now

There are no divisions between F and J sections, all one space spread over two floors. Worth a visit IMO, and for showers great.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 4:18 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Sixt Platinum, HHons Diamond
Saturday will be my last visit to LHR as a Silver, before I become Gold, so I plan to try QF, and then CX afterwards. I have enjoyed CX before, but will have to wait until next time to try the First section of it.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 4:34 am

Programs: BA Gold
I've got a QF F flight coming up, but is booked under an EK codeshare - I suspect that means no access to CX F lounge?
Old Jan 11, 2018, 4:41 am

Am I right in thinking the quiet time in the CX lounges is from noon until 3 ish? Whereas QF will remain pretty consistent during the day.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 4:44 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by CatchThePigeon
Am I right in thinking the quiet time in the CX lounges is from noon until 3 ish? Whereas QF will remain pretty consistent during the day.
Correct, CX is really quiet just after lunch. Gets really full around 4:30-5pm-ish

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.