Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CW - no more orange juice on ground?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2018, 2:14 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
Originally Posted by subject2load

You really have missed the point ; whether wilfully or not, I do not know.

I said absolutely nothing about ‘protest’. What I’m actually saying is that if juice had not been eliminated from the PDB tray offering, then the OP (together with, very possibly, many others in the future) would not have missed out on his drink of choice - a drink that he had become accustomed to enjoying, as a premium cabin passenger, with no fuss, and over so many past flights.
ok if that’s all you were saying that had already been said. And really no need to start talking about wilfully or not.

I assumed with your talk hypothesising that BA will remove OJ as there will no longer be a demand for it you were implying that should we wish it to stay we need to ask for it to demonstrate the demand, sorry if I misunderstood you talk of Management no longer seeing a demand for it
Old Jan 9, 2018, 2:53 am

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
Two experiences this week.

LHR-SFO and it felt like the crew would have to go searching round the galley and could find it if I really wanted it. I went with water.

JFK-LHR was no issue at all, brought straight to me.
Old Feb 22, 2018, 4:04 am

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
Two more experiences...

LHR-IAD. No OJ. "Purser has told us it's not to be offered at all" I was told.

JFK-LHR. No issues at all, OJ brought over on request.

More inconsistency, Both managed no hot towels and no drink runs through the flight though.
Old Feb 22, 2018, 6:11 am

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
Very poor. I usually go for OJ and very rarely for Champers, as someone that tends not to booze on flights. If there is no OJ then I would probably go for sparkling water (but it sounds as though that may or may not be available). next time (if there is a next time) I shall ask for a Bucks Fizz (Mimosa for any Americans out there) and see what happens......
Old Feb 22, 2018, 6:18 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I have done plenty of CW travelling since this thread has started, and every time I've had no difficulty getting sparkling water (a definite improvement from my perspective), and as far as I could tell anyone who wanted orange juice could also have it.
Old Feb 22, 2018, 6:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
The choice is champagne or still water or from “dry” countries orange juice or still water, there should be a problem asking for OJ.
Old Feb 22, 2018, 6:26 am

Programs: BA GGL / GfL
Originally Posted by Can I help you
The choice is champagne or still water or from “dry” countries orange juice or still water, there should be a problem asking for OJ.
I assume you meant NO problem asking for OJ CIHY
PHL>LHR on Monday evening I asked for Champagne and OJ and had no issues with either being provided. (Better quality OJ I felt as well!)

Pilot37
Old Feb 22, 2018, 6:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
I did yes, sorry.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.