Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CW - no more orange juice on ground?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2018, 5:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire, Easyjet Flight Club
CW - no more orange juice on ground?

We recently flew a CW return trip and leaving from LHR and on the return from IAH we were only offered Water and Champagne and no orange juice on the ground. When I asked for some at LHR I was told I could have some when we had taken off and when I asked in IAH I was told due to the fact we “are in America” they couldn’t serve orange juice.

BA has always served orange juice as a pre-departure drink for as long as I can remember!

Has orange juice been Cruzified / enhanced away as a pre-departure drink, or, were the crew incorrect? It is a MF route.
Old Jan 7, 2018, 5:45 am
Suspended

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by mmogdan
Has orange juice been Cruzified / enhanced away as a pre-departure drink, or, were the crew incorrect? It is a MF route.
Oddly, both.
It has been removed from the 'standard offering' to give the crew more time to welcome customers in the cabin rather than pouring juices in the galley (and to prevent wastage as it was the least popular of the three and often didn't get used once prepared), but it is still loaded and crew are encouraged to get it if requested.
teoronn likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2018, 5:51 am

Looks like orange juice has been squeezed out
Old Jan 7, 2018, 5:57 am
sgm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Flexible preferences
Looks like orange juice has been squeezed out
SAN-LHR last week J. Yes indeed, no pre-departure OJ. Thought it odd at the time.
Old Jan 7, 2018, 6:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire, Easyjet Flight Club
Originally Posted by LordBuckethead
Oddly, both.
It has been removed from the 'standard offering' to give the crew more time to welcome customers in the cabin rather than pouring juices in the galley (and to prevent wastage as it was the least popular of the three and often didn't get used once prepared), but it is still loaded and crew are encouraged to get it if requested.
thanks for the info. Seems like a rather pathetic cut back to me. I would say the crew spent more time chatting in the galley and taking selfies.
mec72 likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2018, 6:37 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by LordBuckethead

It has been removed from the 'standard offering' to give the crew more time to welcome customers in the cabin rather than pouring juices in the galley ..................
One of the more imaginative explanations I’ve seen for an enhancement
mike&co likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2018, 6:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
If you would like orange juice please ask, I personally think this cutback is ridiculous.
Old Jan 7, 2018, 6:44 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Can I help you
If you would like orange juice please ask, I personally think this cutback is ridiculous.
i did ask (on both legs) and was told no. I was going to speak to the CSM but my wife insisted I didn’t kick up a fuss
Old Jan 7, 2018, 6:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You should not have been refused, we are told to be flexible with adhoc requests.
Old Jan 7, 2018, 6:48 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
You should not have been refused, we are told to be flexible with adhoc requests.
Would that suggest we might get away with sparkling water?
Old Jan 7, 2018, 6:51 am

Programs: AA EXP, A3 Gold
Why do pre-departure beverages at all? Ridiculous.

Last week my travel agent tried to book me on BA. Told her to avoid BA this year as much as possible. This just reinforces my decision.
Old Jan 7, 2018, 7:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Would that suggest we might get away with sparkling water?
I don’t see why not.
Old Jan 7, 2018, 8:18 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by mmogdan

I would say the crew spent more time chatting in the galley and taking selfies.
At least they were happy. The impression you get from here nowadays is BA cabin crew are overworked, underpaid and thoroughly miserable at their work. Never really liked BA orange juice hence why I always chose Champagne.
Old Jan 7, 2018, 8:49 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by HIDDY
At least they were happy. The impression you get from here nowadays is BA cabin crew are overworked, underpaid and thoroughly miserable at their work. Never really liked BA orange juice hence why I always chose Champagne.
Well that’s good to know. Maybe your drink of choice will be next for the chop.

Meanwhile, I’m sure the fact that the crew were enjoying themselves taking selfies was of great comfort to the OP, whose request for something as simple as an orange juice (in a premium cabin) was refused on both legs of his trip.
hugolover and Nuster like this.
Old Jan 7, 2018, 8:59 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

If I request a glass of OJ will it his be freshly squeezed variety or from a Sunpride carton?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.