Wiki Posts
Search

Your BA predictions for 2018

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2018, 2:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold
Your BA predictions for 2018

Ok it’s that time of the year, hopefully a fun thread of your predictions for 2018 for our favourite airline. Be nice to keep it to predictions but if you add from your wishlist this is ok as well, just keep it fun. Be good to reflect on this at the end of the year.

My prediction - BA will gain a new GCH in the Kingston-Upon-Hull area this year.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 2:12 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

As a very satisfied BA customer my prediction is that they will just keep getting better and better with such things like Group Boarding, new JKF lounge refurbishment, great fares and hopefully the introduction of a free drink/snack for Gold and Silvers
rockflyertalk and SussexFly like this.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 2:13 pm

Programs: BAEC Blue, Flying Blue Silver, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold
Hand baggage only Economy fares for Long haul.
ahmetdouas and Pack like this.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 2:21 pm
Suspended

2-4-2 CW minus non flat seating on A350s, additional charges for New CW on A350s. No avios redemptions for New CW on A350 routes.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 2:25 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Selfishly, I'd like to predict BA launching LHR - NGO but I know that isn't going to happen! How about them ordering A321LRs?
Old Jan 5, 2018, 2:37 pm

Elemis to lose their contract to run the spa and supply toiletries for lounges/onboard.

(bring back Molton Brown please...)
Old Jan 5, 2018, 3:12 pm

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
Originally Posted by bmibaby737
Hand baggage only Economy fares for Long haul.
Yes, but probably on ex LGW routes to DY destinations (Similar to what LH is currently doing ex Scandinavia).

My predictions
  • At least one non-weather related cock up impacting all or the majority of flights (BA loves a good IT issue...)
  • Changes to BAEC. It's not unthinkable that BA goes down the same road as KL/LH and announces the switch to revenue-based earning​​​​
  • The already mentioned introduction of HBO fares on select long haul routes in direct competition with DY
  • Maybe a couple of narrow body orders
  • Expansion of Level
Wishlist
  • Better IROPS recovery
  • More consistent service
  • Improved amenity kits
Old Jan 5, 2018, 3:57 pm

Programs: BA Gold, DL PM, , Hilton Diamond (from being in a bed), SPG Plat, MR Plat
Some form of new avios redemption system.... or maybe I am just hoping this while I carelessly get rid of my stash in anticipation for this!
Old Jan 5, 2018, 4:00 pm

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
Improved middle band CE catering. More bad PR.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 4:26 pm
Suspended

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by PETER01
As a very satisfied BA customer my prediction is that they will just keep getting better and better with such things like Group Boarding, new JKF lounge refurbishment, great fares and hopefully the introduction of a free drink/snack for Gold and Silvers
Free LSD for all pax so everyone gets off saying exactly this and making NPS skyrocket so AC finally gets a bonus.
RoyalSwazi and 1flyer like this.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 4:46 pm

Programs: BAEC Blue, Flying Blue Silver, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by WorldLux
Yes, but probably on ex LGW routes to DY destinations (Similar to what LH is currently doing ex Scandinavia).

My predictions
  • At least one non-weather related cock up impacting all or the majority of flights (BA loves a good IT issue...)
  • Changes to BAEC. It's not unthinkable that BA goes down the same road as KL/LH and announces the switch to revenue-based earning​​​​
  • The already mentioned introduction of HBO fares on select long haul routes in direct competition with DY
  • Maybe a couple of narrow body orders
  • Expansion of Level
Wishlist
  • Better IROPS recovery
  • More consistent service
  • Improved amenity kits
I personally think they'll go the whole hog and roll out Hand Baggage only on all routes. No seat selection till check in or pay before hand, board last, pretty much the same as shorthall HBO.

Aer Lingus are doing it. Really wouldn't shock me if BA start doing it in stages, shorter long haul flights first.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 6:28 pm

Programs: OW Emerald, *A gold, Skyteam elite plus, Hilton gold, SPG gold
More J and F sales in order to fill the planes because no one in their right mind will pay the normal price (e.g. AA, AY, CX etc..) to flight a dated product!
Old Jan 5, 2018, 6:33 pm

Programs: VA Plat, QF LTS, UA MM, Hilton Diamond, Rydges Black, ,Le-Club Gold
Now that BA is leading the race to the bottom it's more a question of what features other airlines will copy in 2018

- North Korean Airlines will declare that it is at all times a sunny afternoon in their country and therefore on all their flights the meal will always be afternoon tea
- Spirit Airlines will charge a $50.00 seat-select fee for business-class seating
- Ryanair will position a busybody at security who will bar your way if your scheduled departure is within 35 minutes (even if your flight is obviously late and you can see there is no aircraft at the gate)
- Dnepropetrovsk airport will require all passengers to walk at least one lap around an extended circular walkway (passing a lot of worthless overpriced shops) before anyone is allowed to head for their flights or the lounge
- Aiming for more spending in the shops in the confusion, Rangoon airport will conceal all gate-numbers of flights until 5 minutes before departure
Old Jan 5, 2018, 6:52 pm

Programs: Executive Club: Gold - Flying Blue: Gold
A free drink and snack for Gold & Flexi Y in Y. A drink for Silver. All from BoB menu. Tea and coffee for all the rest.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 7:01 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
The demise of BA 1and 2
icegirl likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.